Missouri - The Springfield Three--missing since June 1992 - #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
I always thought the reason was because they were looking in the wrong direction. They seemed distracted by the people with criminal backgrounds and punk kids. IMO they overlooked some people because they thought of them as “nice guys” and friends and did not notice things they should of looked into more. I really think the people/person that did this has not been talked about much on here or other forums.

I was a little shocked when I saw the old 20/20 documentary about this case. The way the lie detector test were being administered, and how the police detectives resorted to tarot card readings. It seemed a bit unprofessional IMO..

I think the #1 reason why this case has never been solved is the fact that the perpetrator(s) were probably stranger(s) to the victims.

The hardest of all crimes to solve, when there is no personal connection. It could explain a lot. And who knows the women weren't abducted/removed and driven states away?

<modsnip - quoted post and response removed>

The discussion regarding this case seems to be circular. I wish people would drop the discussion about JK and MH; there is no realistic possibility that they were involved in the crime in any way (beyond carelessly contaminating the crime scene). Neither one of them was even remotely capable of pulling this off.

If DR did this, I don't think he did it alone; I think there would have been an older accomplice directing things. DR is a follower, not a leader.

If this was a premeditated sex crime, Suzie was probably the target. (Stacey didn't live there, but someone might have followed the girls to the house that night.) Few sexual predators would go after someone Sherrill's age.

If this was a contract hit, then I think Sherrill, not Suzie, was the target. The plan may have been to simply kill Sherrill in the home because she was supposed to be alone. The lackeys who were supposed to carry out the crime may have abducted the women simply because they were only capable of following orders, not making decisions, and they didn't know what to do once the two girls showed up.

Last edited by a moderator:
The hardest of all crimes to solve, when there is no personal connection. It could explain a lot. And who knows the women weren't abducted/removed and driven states away?

That's where the Larry Hall 'theory' has been one theory discussed and examined by SPD.
If I remember correctly, LH claimed to have abducted the 3 women. And also 'passed' a polygraph.
Which I assume means, he was asked if he harmed them, he said 'yes' and the test did not show 'deception'.
SPD then dropped the LH and possibly the whole 'serial killer' theory.

How do you suggest we move forward? Do you plan on asking them to come on here and explain where they were? Or are you going to base your opinion on the jumbled and contradictory timelines printed in the papers? Which would you put more faith in?

I know through personal experience how many times the media have gotten crucial details wrong about me. Whether it be through shoddy reporting or deliberate misinformation told to them by police, I have zero faith in the accuracy of what they report.

If you can get any of the last people to see the girls alive to come on here and answer your questions, I would be more interested.

That would be AWESOME and I question as to why the aren't involved in M3W discussions. The rest of us are interested in solving this, why aren't 'they' taking part, at least occasionally, in discussions? Are some of them afraid of becoming a POIs?

And you're right about limited resources.
And I agree with you on SPD's opinionated, prejudicial reporting to news sources in '92.
To include the victims themselves.
ie. Approx. quotes ...." That outfit is a little sexy." "Suzie would do anything to feel accepted."
Det. Asher planted those ideas....on '48 Hours'.
We all have opinions but he needed to keep them to himself vs stating on a national TV program.
Jeez.
Unprofessional.

One might want to concentrate on who had the motive. If someone higher up the food chain feared information would leak out in court, such as corrupt police officials, that is a pretty strong motive.

Are there any specific LEO’s when people mention this theory?

Wasn’t Webb a pretty hard nosed guy to have sniffed it out?

That would be AWESOME and I question as to why the aren't involved in M3W discussions. The rest of us are interested in solving this, why aren't 'they' taking part, at least occasionally, in discussions? Are some of them afraid of becoming a POIs?

And I agree with you on SPD's opinionated, prejudicial reporting to news sources in '92.
ie. Approx. quotes ...." That outfit is a little sexy." "Suzie would do anything to feel accepted."
We all have opinions but he needed to keep them to himself vs stating on a national TV program.
Jeez.
Unprofessional.
Beyond unprofessional. Also have you ever seen a show doesn't blur faces when people are being questioned or haven't signed a waiver? Asher practically fondled her photo. It gave me the creeps.

Of course if this person failed the test not because he had part in the disappearance
but because he was too nervous than we are again in the dark regarding the disappearance.

Yeah, too bad we have zero clue as to who didn't pass the poly.

Now w/ the nervous thing...I watched the video of someone (later convicted of murder in the First Degree) taking (and failing) his polygraph. According to the test administer.......nervous isn't an issue. It concerns being deceptive. Not a 'good' thing to fail.

I can provide the link but it does have the convicted felon on it....

Yeah, too bad we have zero clue as to who didn't pass the poly.

Now w/ the nervous thing...I watched the video of someone (later convicted of murder in the First Degree) taking (and failing) his polygraph. According to the test administer.......nervous isn't an issue. It concerns being deceptive. Not a 'good' thing to fail.

I can provide the link but it does have the convicted felon on it....
I think if someone is convicted of the crime or in prison for murder their image is in the system. DNA too. There are people that can pass polygraphs when they are guilty. I always thought false positives came from either lying about something else or that you would be nervous for the important questions. I'm interested.

Are there any specific LEO’s when people mention this theory?

Wasn’t Webb a pretty hard nosed guy to have sniffed it out?
He was effectively cut off at the pockets by the top officer.

I have the highest respect for Webb. Much less so for some of the others. The officer who signed off on the report was himself convicted of something having to do with child *advertiser censored*. Believe he got four years. Don't know if he is back on the street. I would love to talk to Webb. In my opinion he knows what happened.

I will say this. Of all of the possible ways into the house at that hour the best was a cop car pulling up in the front. A person groggy from answering a door in the middle of the night is not exercising all of their mental faculties to smell a rat in a uniform.

Jeez.
Unprofessional.

You noticed that too. Very unprofessional.

I do not believe they were looking at kids. It all comes down to the ability, experience, and know-how to pull off the crime. Kids usually had no plans. And if they did play a role, people with power and criminal ability stepped in to cover up and control beyond the murder.[/

We actually agree on all of these possibilities. ;)o_O:cool: Cool

He was effectively cut off at the pockets by the top officer.

I have the highest respect for Webb. Much less so for some of the others. The officer who signed off on the report was himself convicted of something having to do with child *advertiser censored*. Believe he got four years. Don't know if he is back on the street. I would love to talk to Webb. In my opinion he knows what happened.

I will say this. Of all of the possible ways into the house at that hour the best was a cop car pulling up in the front. A person groggy from answering a door in the middle of the night is not exercising all of their mental faculties to smell a rat in a uniform.
If you like Webb, he’s the one who always thought the GRs and “Satanism” played a role in the disappearance...

If you like Webb, he’s the one who always thought the GRs and “Satanism” played a role in the disappearance...

I'm not going to get into that. I have yet to speak to a single person in LE who ever had a bad word to say about him. One of the reporters told me personally that he was prevented from looking into the vandals. So they kicked him upstairs where he couldn't do investigation. I heard the same thing from the reporter.

Nice words, MM. I haven’t heard that stuff about Webb before.

I still can’t understand why a LEO would pick a night where there are 3 cars in the driveway — of which, one would have been uncommon. Being tipped off is the only logical explanation if this theory works.

Also, why did Sherrill go looking for her daughter when it was stated the girls were staying elsewhere? She was obviously notified of Suzie’s immediate danger — which turned out true. But how?

I’d gander Sherrill was lured out, so intruders could ‘check-in’ and wait for her to return — if the 3MW even made it home to begin with that morning.

Edited**

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members