CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #16 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.

GuyfromCanada

Reaction score
Kesely-Berreth.jpg

WOODLAND PARK – The Woodland Park Police Department is asking for the public’s help in locating a missing 29-year-old woman.

According to Woodland Park PD, Kesely Berreth was last seen in Woodland Park on Nov. 22nd.

Berreth is described as a white female, 5’3″ tall, 110 pounds, with brown hair.

If you have any information on her whereabouts, please contact the Woodland Park Police Department at (719) 687-9262.

Woodland Park PD seeking public’s help in locating missing woman

Woodland Park Police Department

Media, Maps, and Timelines Thread *NO DISCUSSION*

Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3
Thread #4
Thread #5
Thread #6
Thread #7
Thread #8
Thread #9
Thread #10
Thread #11
Thread #12
Thread #13
Thread #14

Thread #15

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Everyone,

Please join me in welcoming Kelsey’s Aunt into our group of verified family members.
Remember a verified member does not need to provide links to back up what they post.
You can ask verified members questions but it is up to the verified member whether they will answer you.

Please be polite if you do have a discussion with a verified member. Posters who are willing to become verified do so much to help us understand what is really going on in cases on Websleuths. Especially in a case like Kelsey's.

Welcome Kelsey's Aunt. If there is anything Websleuths can do for you and your family please do not hesitate to ask.

Sincerely,
Tricia Griffith
Owner/Websleuths.com

I just wanted to repost what @MyBelle has posted in the previous thread. So true.

Domestic violence has absolutely nothing to do with the IQ of the abuser and more to do with their upbringing and how they were parented as children, especially by their mothers. CW at least did the right thing and admitted his guilt to killing SW and their son after he spoke to his father.

The overwhelming majority of abuse victims are women who didn't grow up in a dysfunctional household so they don't recognize the signs of toxicity. They believe the men they fall in love with will be as sincere, genuine and loving as her own dear old dad or brothers so they repeatedly give them second chances. And the abusers quickly grow resentful of her family's influence and especially blame the victim's mother. As a society, domestic abuse, whether it is physical or emotional or both, is a huge problem and it needs to be addressed.

BBM. Either this, or they grow up in such abusive families that they think it is the norm. But in general, I agree with your post.

Well, I got caught posting in the middle of a thread move........ I think those dogs "hit on something" where LE dug that big hole near the Frazee family's parking areas....MOO

Possibly. The ground looked a bit disturbed in prior pictures, so wondering if they dug it up to be certain. I think it’s a likely septic location (just didn’t want to pay the $10 to find out!)

What we know about Kelsey:
7765216-6525203-image-a-19_1545592130266-jpg.161405

29 years old
5'3 and 110 lbs

Employment:

Flight instructor with a Commercial Pilot's License
Worked at a coffee shop in Florissant for a few months
Worked as a Flight Instructor at Springs Aviation in Peyton, CO in 2016
Currently works for Doss Aviation as a flight instructor in Pueblo, CO (abt 70 miles from Woodland Park)

Education:
KB spent most of her childhood attending Crestview School in Moses Lake, WA
Crestview School is tied to the local Seventh Day Adventist Church which held a vigil for Kelsey
Trained as a pilot at Big Bend Community College in Moses Lake, WA

Address and location history:
Born in Grant County, Washington
Raised in Warden, Washington
Kelsey moved to Sandpoint, ID at some point
Moved to Woodland Park, CO in 2016
Had a PO Box address in Florissant, CO
Lived in another townhouse unit in her subdivision before buying her current home
Current address: 269 E Lake Ave, Woodland Park, CO
--Home purchased by KB in May 2018
--2 bedroom, 1 bath Duplex/Townhouse

Info on KB's Personality and Interests
“She’s not the kind that runs off. This is completely out of character…Kelsey is reliable, considerate and honest,” -KB's Mom

"She's such a good person, a loving person,""She's grounded and responsible. She has a one year old child, she wouldn't just leave her." -KB's Cousin

'When you're around Kelsey, I think you just feel like a better person, being around Kelsey makes me smile, it makes me smile just to think about her, she's just a good person.' -KB's cousin

"a little reserved and sometimes soft-spoken" -A former boss

'I don't think she left willingly. Kelsey's so reliable and responsible, she's a mom, she would never leave her child. She was very excited [to be a mom], and she was a great mom.' --KB's Cousin

Relatives have described Kelsey as a sweet, quiet woman who radiates a warm energy.

“When you see her, you want to give her a great big hug and squeeze her cheeks. You can feel the energy coming from her. She’s kind, compassionate and honest,” -KB's BIL

“She was like the sister I never had.” -KB's BIL

Kelsey takes a while to warm up to people, but that her relationships are meaningful; Kelsey focused on the quality of her friendships instead of quantity -KB's BIL

KB enjoyed paddle boarding, canoeing and bike riding -KB's BIL

KB is a sweet, loving “country girl” who loves horses, hiking and the outdoors. -KB's Cousin

KB loves hiking, running and bicycling.

“She looks like such an angel, and I think that she is,” “She’s the kind of person where you feel better when you’re around her.” -KB's Cousin

“She’s an awesome person. She’s so kind… You can tell she’s a very kind-hearted person,” -a neighbor

Family info from MSM:
KB's parents are retired hay farmers and lived north of Warden until a few years ago when they moved to Sandpoint, Idaho
KB's brother and brother-in-law live in Tacoma, WA
KB's Uncle lives in Moses Lake, WA
KB and her mom talked often; they were attached at the hips since she was little and they were best friends
KB's mom knew her schedule and when to call her/when not to call because she was teaching classes; It was weird when she had not heard from Kelsey
“She and her brother spoke multiple times a week, as well as her mom.” -KB's BIL
"They're a very close-knit family" -KB's Cousin

What we know about Patrick Frazee:
7765226-6525203-image-m-18_1545592124637.jpg

32 Years Old
6'3 and 205 lbs

Education:
Went to Woodland Park High School
PF Jail Record lists "some college"

Employment:
Farrier
Cattle Rancher
Breeds cow herding dogs
Rodeo competitor

Address and location history:

PF was born in Colorado Springs and raised in Teller County
Currently lives with his mother at 1713 Wildhorn Rd Forissant, CO
--property searched by LE and owned by his mother
--35-acre ranch has a one-and-a-half story home and a 1,300 sq ft barn

Family info from MSM:
PF's parents are divorced
PF's mother is a registered nurse
In addition to the property searched, PF's mother owns 2 other properties in the area
PF has 3 siblings
PF's brother SF works for the Colorado Springs Police Department
A cousin has worked for the Garfield County Sheriff’s Office
An uncle FF is a retired Kiowa County sheriff

Info from people who know PF:
“He worked on my horses for a real short time till he punched one in the gut with a rasp and that was about the last time I let him work on my horses,” -MG

'It's a characteristic that was ongoing for years. Anytime he was at a rope and his horse didn't act right, he'd rip on his face, kick him. In the community, we were all at ropings and stuff, but if the horse doesn't do exactly what it's supposed to do you don't just beat them.' -MG

'One time we were at a rodeo in Cripple Creek and he got mad because his horse didn't do good and somebody didn't heel just right to help him get in the money and he got so mad he left out of Cripple Creek Rodeo, flipped his horse trailer with his horse in it and almost killed that horse.
'He got mad, tries to get his vehicle out of there and there's too many cars tightly packed in. Lots of people were there. -MG

'He was in a rage of being mad and angry, because the heeler didn't heel and they lost out the money. It was kind of a sad deal, especially trying to get the horse out that was traumatic for everybody.' -MG

A former girlfriend of PF declined to speak to the press but her partner commented saying that he knew Frazee to be aggressive with horses and dogs but that he did not beat his girlfriends.
“He cheated on her while she was in the hospital, take that for what it’s worth,” the man said of his current partner’s former relationship with Frazee

'Patrick is a horseshoer, I heard once he was thumping on the horse "saying this is how you've got to do it," that horse reared up and kicked him right in the forehead, he got a bunch of stitches and his [then] girlfriend hauled him to the hospital to get stitches.' -High School Classmate of PF

'Oh yeah, he's a recluse for sure. I haven't seen him in 10 years or so.' -High School Classmate of PF

A neighbor heard 'mixed things' about Frazee's alleged rough behavior with animals.
He was quiet and shy. He had his own friends circle and stayed close to his friends,' he said.
'He did come across, "I'm a big tough cowboy." But that's that cowboy way, got be strong.
'That's how he was raised, he raised horses. I think if you're raised country that's normal, if you're raised city it's going to seem harsh. It's not wrong in his eyes. Sometimes there's neglect and over abuse yes, he'd tread the fine line on it I'd say. You've got make a horse submit to what you want to do. You've got to be kind of firm. You shouldn't hit them.' --Former Neighbor HF

Two friends of Patrick defended him and rejected any suggestion he was cruel towards animals:

'He's an old fashioned cowboy. He's just old school, he does things the old way. He shoes horses modern, but he trains horses the way people used to do it, I wouldn't say that he's cruel or not. He's a stand up real good guy. I've just known him for years and he's a great person.'
The friend said he had not met Frazee's fiancée but added: 'I know the day I saw him he was a great dad to the daughter and he's a good guy. He was fine. --Man who saw PF shoe horses in Sept.

'I know him, when we had horses he used to trim our horses hooves. He was a very nice young man, I knew him all growing up, we used to go to the Gymkhana and the rodeos when he was younger. I've known him since 2003 and I never saw him do anything inappropriate or out of order.' -DR, runs the propane store

"I've always considered him to be a gentle soul. Soft spoken and just really down to Earth and practical." “couldn’t imagine him doing anything that would harm anyone.” -Friend, SO

Relationship info reported by others:

KB and PF met online according to her cousin
PF helped KB move from WA to CO only months after they met
KB told her cousin she was happy when she moved to be near PF
KB often talked about her boyfriend (PF) at her aviation job in 2016
Baby K was born Oct 2017
They were engaged but did not have a wedding date set
They have never lived together -- KB's mom

"The relationship has been good, um, they're loving, um it hasn't been ideal, you know given given the economy and things, you know, they had plans that haven't worked out as they would have liked but they've dealt with that and they've made things work regardless." --KB's mom

"I mean they had plans, you know, they were planning to find a place for them to live and so forth and the economy with prices dropping out...Kelsey's fiance has some cattle and stuff and prices were poor and so the money just wasn't available as soon as they had hoped, but they make it work."-- KB's mom

There were no records of any domestic issues between the couple --Woodland Police Chief Miles De Young

“Like most relationships it has ups and downs but for the most part it's a good relationship,” -Frazee’s lawyer

KB's parents were skeptical of Frazee from the start, describing him as an "odd duck" --close friend of the family from church

Misc Info
KB owned two vehicles-- a red truck and a car used for commuting to work
PF also owns a red truck
Neighbor AG gave KB a baby gate the week before Thanksgiving
AG had always assumed Frazee lived there with Kelsey and the baby as she would see him come and go in his red work truck.
AG never heard any arguing
An employee at Starbucks said Kelsey would pull in to the drive-thru about once a week to get a chai latte

Sources:
Search expands for Colorado mom, 29, last seen on Thanksgiving
Kelsey Berreth's cousin speaks out for the first time since fiance's arrest | Daily Mail Online
Pasco relatives pray for miracle as search continues for missing Colorado mother
Pasco relatives pray for miracle as search continues for missing Colorado mother
Fiance accused of killing Colorado woman missing for month
Fiance of missing mom Kelsey Berreth ‘punched a horse in the gut,’ cheated on his ex while she was in the hospital, sources claim: Report
Mother of missing Colorado mom speaks out on daughter's disappearance
Mother of Kelsey Berreth asked about relationship between and her daughter and her fiancé
Kelsey Berreth: Police Search Fiancé’s Ranch In Hunt For Missing Colorado Mom
Fiance of missing Kelsey Berreth voluntarily releases cell phone, DNA sample to law enforcement
Fiancee of missing Colorado mom Kelsey Berreth is arrested and charged with murder | Daily Mail Online
Patrick Frazee: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com
Kelsey Berreth's Fiance Is a 'Gentle Soul' Who Would Never Hurt Anyone, Friend Says
Neighbor of missing mom Kelsey Berreth says she saw red pickup truck, possibly fiance Patrick Frazee’s, at her home the day she went missing
Cops process evidence found in Kelsey Berreth's murder investigation now in Idaho | Daily Mail Online
Members of Sandpoint church continue prayers for Kelsey Berreth
Fiance accused of killing Colorado woman missing for month

Last edited:
You know, just thinking, how many beautiful, strong women are killed by the romantic partners.

Shanann Watts was recent, but yesterday I watched an old documentary about Laci Peterson. Saw AF for the first time. And now, PF and KB.

What didn't these murderer guys have? They had beautiful, gorgeous wifes or partners , families with children, or children on the way. They were good-looking themselves.

I know, seven-year-itch, and perhaps there is a two-year-itch, and whatnot-year-itch. But why kill? What is wrong with people?

I just wanted to repost what @MyBelle has posted in the previous thread. So true.

BBM. Either this, or they grow up in such abusive families that they think it is the norm. But in general, I agree with your post.

I think emotional abuse is far more harmful than physical abuse but it is also more difficult to prove. Especially if the children are too young to participate in a forensic interview.

JMO

You know, just thinking, how many beautiful, strong women are killed by the romantic partners.

Shanann Watts was recent, but yesterday I watched an old documentary about Laci Peterson. Saw AF for the first time. And now, PF and KB.

What didn't these murderer guys have? They had beautiful, gorgeous wifes or partners , families with children, or children on the way. They were good-looking themselves.

I know, seven-year-itch, and perhaps there is a two-year-itch, and whatnot-year-itch. But why kill? What is wrong with people?

A soul. They didn’t have souls.

Regarding the premeditated murder. That is obvious what it is being he is charged with solicitation for murder as well. So it is my belief he made the decision to kill Kelsey and it was not some spur of the moment rage that got out of control. But assuming they still were having cordial contact with one another I would like to believe there would be an easier cleaner way to fulfill his plan. He was twice the size of her so overpowering her/strangling her would be no trouble or even poisoning her.I'm assuming there was still some trust there where you could bring there other some food/drink. Or even like they mentioned horse tranquilizers in earlier posts and yes I am sure these could be available on his little rodeo circuit illegally without any trouble. So I can't see him say stabbing her multiple times and making a mess. If there is a telltale mess left behind at her place I think it might be as good of a chance as not that she got dismembered. I know some have mentioned transporting her to Utah to dispose of her but I think that is too risky. First it is very long, say 10-12 hours but just the chance of being stopped and searched. I know it probably isn't supposed to happen but it seems like having Colorado plates when leaving the state it almost appears there is a bigger chance to get pulled over and question for the most minor offense. This seems to have started since they have legalized marijuana here. I haven't been pulled over for probably 30 years but about 2 years ago I had just got across the Texas state line and I was pulled over for going 3 MPH over the limit. The cop was very nice, polite, asked me a bunch of questions, where I work, where I was going, did I have any thing he should know about, etc. I told him I was going on vacation to visit my aunt & uncle on the gulf coast and opened the trunk and showed him my bags. He didn't look in them just moved them around a little and left it at that and never gave me a ticket. I think the speeding 3 MPH, which I know I was doing as I had my cruise set, was just a reason to stop me and question me. I have talked to other drivers that kind of have the same feeling that there is a possibility they target CO cars. So I'm not so certain I would like to try to transport a body in a car that distance. MOO

I think emotional abuse is far more harmful than physical abuse but it is also more difficult to prove. Especially if the children are too young to participate in a forensic interview.

JMO

Oh, sometimes adult kids have no clue! Because it is "the norm" for them. Someone has to tell them that it is abuse.

Hey guys, SO and I were talking and wondered if there's a chance LE did indeed luminol the condo at the very onset and kept what they knew quiet until they developed the case? OR did Frazee clean up so well they didn't even think to luminol in the beginning? And if they didnt, wouldnt luminol be the FIRST thing to do in these cases--even in the face of an apparently non crime scene? I think it's the prior thought ... LE did luminol and kept the results quiet.
What do you guys think?

Hey guys, SO and I were talking and wondered if there's a chance LE did indeed luminol the condo at the very onset and kept what they knew quiet until they developed the case? OR did Frazee clean up so well they didn't even think to luminol in the beginning? And if they didnt, wouldnt luminol be the FIRST thing to do in these cases--even in the face of an apparently non crime scene? I think it's the prior thought ... LE did luminol and kept the results quiet.
What do you guys think?
I’m confident that they would have used luminol at the outset, but I don’t get the impression that they found anything.

Had they found something then, they wouldn’t have had to go back this far into the investigation, to repeat it.

My feeling is that something happened between the initial search, and the final one, that focused them in on key areas of the house to examine.

I just don’t know if it was lab results from earlier on, something discovered elsewhere, or a statement from an informant (ie. an accomplice).

But I don’t think they found something early on, then kept it quiet. This was a new development.

A game changing one.

I wonder if KB was distancing herself from PF. Anyone who abuses horses, is anathema to a horse lover. Maybe PF was angry that KB wasn't with the marriage plan.

I know I couldn't marry anyone who abuses a horse, dog, any type of helpless creature.

agreed. something in the searches and/or located phone sent them to look deep into KB's place. behind wall, ceiling, floors etc. I guess they needed probable cause to do that level of search. and they got it from the dump or the search at PF's.

I’m confident that they would have used luminol at the outset, but I don’t get the impression that they found anything.

Had they found something then, they wouldn’t have had to go back this far into the investigation, to repeat it.

My feeling is that something happened between the initial search, and the final one, that focused them in on key areas of the house to examine.

I just don’t know if it was lab results from earlier on, something discovered elsewhere, or a statement from an informant (ie an accomplice).

But I don’t think they found something early on, then kept it quiet. This was a new development.

A game changing one.

this is so way beyond anything "normal" - normal relationship, normal decision making, normal impulse control, normal risk taking, normal levels of entitlement, power and control. this is pathological. don't bother trying to understand this in normal terms. If you really want to understand, read up on psychopathy, antisocial personality disorder, narcissistic personality disorder, and domestic abuse. it doesn't make sense any other way.

What do you guys think?

I was unsure they knew what the place of killing was because they dug at his farm, but maybe the farm was to distract attention and they probably knew about thorough scrubbing of KB's condo?

If you clean with bleach, the luminol would luminesce, too, because bleach is an oxidant. (In fact, the chemists use hydrogen peroxide to demonstrate the chemiluminesce of luminol). Bleach traces on the floor would luminesce, in fact, much more than blood. The more bleach, the better the response.

So they might have seen that bleach had been used to clean the floor because all floor would luminesce, too much. And they might have opened the flooring, took a small amount of blood underneath it to do the DNA testing, and put it back. MOO.

I think IRL they needed the time to get the information about the phone and maybe get the idea about possible conspirators? Or collect information from neighbors? From PF's friends? He did not live in the vacuum, local folks were probably well aware of his friends in Idaho, saw him during Rodeo. But it takes time to get information.

And they might have guessed that there was blood under the floor, but kept it all silent, and organized loud activity when they got scared that PF would bolt? Or maybe they just made it so loud so that he'd try to escape?

We don't even know what PF was bringing to the WM. Maybe it was nothing serious, but on his way, he stopped at the P.O. to pick up his new passport? Just an idea.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member