CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #16 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m confident that they would have used luminol at the outset, but I don’t get the impression that they found anything.

Had they found something then, they wouldn’t have had to go back this far into the investigation, to repeat it.

My feeling is that something happened between the initial search, and the final one, that focused them in on key areas of the house to examine.

I just don’t know if it was lab results from earlier on, something discovered elsewhere, or a statement from an informant (ie. an accomplice).

But I don’t think they found something early on, then kept it quiet. This was a new development.

A game changing one.

Or maybe PF texted someone, or called, or got in touch with someone? They could have gone through his old records and saw some numbers in.Idaho?

I certainly haven’t thought him to be smart, so I could see something like that.

I can’t wait to see the arrest affidavit.

Me too. He actually has violated several rules, one of them being not having any conspirators, so he is not smart. But very rigid. And I do think he has mental issues, but simply, horses do not complain, as to people, he is "a recluse".

Me too. He actually has violated several rules, one of them being not having any conspirators, so he is not smart. But very rigid. And I do think he has mental issues, but simply, horses do not complain, as to people, he is "a recluse".
In most no body murder cases, arrests take time.

It isn’t simply a matter of proving someone is dead, it requires sufficient evidence that a particular person is responsible.

Knowing he did it, and proving it, are two very different things.

The fact that there has been an arrest so soon, tells me that they have substantial evidence against him.

He may have thought he was smart by lawyering up immediately, but it seems as if that was not nearly enough.

He must have really screwed up here.

Wonder if PF having 3 family members in various LE agencies some active some retired will be to his help or hindrance ? These were listed in thread #15 of the facts known of both PF and Kelsey. I am not listing those here don't want a time out. But it did shine a different light shadow JMO
Could not get that to link over here.

Wonder if PF having 3 family members in various LE agencies some active some retired will be to his help or hindrance ? These were listed in thread #15 of the facts known of both PF and Kelsey. I am not listing those here don't want a time out.
I think that he played this the way he did, based on their advice, or based on knowledge that he gained from them.

He got himself a lawyer, and he shut his mouth.

If you know anyone in law enforcement, they will likely give you the same advice.

Wonder if PF having 3 family members in various LE agencies some active some retired will be to his help or hindrance ? These were listed in thread #15 of the facts known of both PF and Kelsey. I am not listing those here don't want a time out.

Before arrest, neither, probably. Or like @MassGuy said, the benefit of a good advice. After - slight hindrance. They will distance from him, I expect.

Two things matter, how rich your parents are (his are not) and probably, the support of the local community. He is a local boy, and she was a stranger. However, the story is so ugly that the community would expel him, morally. Be ashamed of him.

I think that he played this the way he did, based on their advice, or based on knowledge that he gained from them.

If you know anyone in law enforcement, they will likely give you the same advice.
I do know how that works ! Very familiar .

I wonder if KB was distancing herself from PF. Anyone who abuses horses, is anathema to a horse lover. Maybe PF was angry that KB wasn't with the marriage plan.

I know I couldn't marry anyone who abuses a horse, dog, any type of helpless creature.

I posted the thought way, way back in the thread as well. There is a possibility she realized this wouldn’t work out. Too much to fast, then he started showing a side she didn’t like. He might not have been physical around her, or I doubt they’d co-parent so much. But. if she mentioned they needed a break or she was breaking up, he could have lost it.

Agreed! And I think there isn’t inherently anything wrong in following that advice, except that here it was obtained under false (innocent) pretenses.

I posted the thought way, way back in the thread as well. There is a possibility she realized this wouldn’t work out. Too much to fast, then he started showing a side she didn’t like. He might not have been physical around her, or I doubt they’d co-parent so much. But. if she mentioned they needed a break or she was breaking up, he could have lost it.
Being brutal does not Macho make , neither is it attractive. A bully is a bully .

Thinking the case may never reach fruition with that kind of advice , time has not been beneficial . 30 days destroys lots of evidence with a body.

Thinking the case may never reach fruition with that kind of advice , time has not been beneficial . 30 days destroys lots of evidence with a body.
It does, but they charged him with first degree murder without a body in the first place.

They apparently believe they can proceed without one, and I get the impression that they are right.

I do believe they will find her though, and her body will still have a story to tell.

It does, but they charged him with first degree murder without a body in the first place.

They apparently believe they can proceed without one, and I get the impression that they are right.

I do believe they will find her though, and her body will still have a story to tell.
Hopefully there will be enough evidence left to tell the tale

Wonder if PF having 3 family members in various LE agencies some active some retired will be to his help or hindrance ? These were listed in thread #15 of the facts known of both PF and Kelsey. I am not listing those here don't want a time out. But it did shine a different light shadow JMO
Could not get that to link over here.

I wonder if it will make a difference in prison if the other prisoners find out he has family that are in law enforcement. Will they treat him better in the hope of getting favours?

I certainly hope law enforcement do not advise those accused of serious crimes in anyway because surely if they have knowledge of a crime they have a duty to report it even if it is carried out by a relative.

I wonder if it will make a difference in prison if the other prisoners find out he has family that are in law enforcement. Will they treat him better in the hope of getting favours?

I certainly hope law enforcement do not advise those accused of serious crimes in anyway because surely if they have knowledge of a crime they have a duty to report it even if it is carried out by a relative.
Not to be accusing but kin is thicker than the right thing sometimes . Most of hid advisers ( if they advised ) would have experience in the finer things of not getting caught. They definitely have knowledge of the slip ups that get you caught.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member