CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #16 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was unsure they knew what the place of killing was because they dug at his farm, but maybe the farm was to distract attention and they probably knew about thorough scrubbing of KB's condo?

If you clean with bleach, the luminol would luminesce, too, because bleach is an oxidant. (In fact, the chemists use hydrogen peroxide to demonstrate the chemiluminesce of luminol). Bleach traces on the floor would luminesce, in fact, much more than blood. The more bleach, the better the response.

So they might have seen that bleach had been used to clean the floor because all floor would luminesce, too much. And they might have opened the flooring, took a small amount of blood underneath it to do the DNA testing, and put it back. MOO.

I think IRL they needed the time to get the information about the phone and maybe get the idea about possible conspirators? Or collect information from neighbors? From PF's friends? He did not live in the vacuum, local folks were probably well aware of his friends in Idaho, saw him during Rodeo. But it takes time to get information.

And they might have guessed that there was blood under the floor, but kept it all silent, and organized loud activity when they got scared that PF would bolt? Or maybe they just made it so loud so that he'd try to escape?

We don't even know what PF was bringing to the WM. Maybe it was nothing serious, but on his way, he stopped at the P.O. to pick up his new passport? Just an idea.
If you clean with bleach, the luminol would luminesce, too, because bleach is an oxidant. (In fact, the chemists use hydrogen peroxide to demonstrate the chemiluminesce of luminol). Bleach traces on the floor would luminesce, in fact, much more than blood. The more bleach, the better the response.
This is so true about the bleach, people use it to clean everything- but luminol lights it up.

Not only blood- but what about otherbody fluids ? you lose control of bowel and bladder upon death.

This is so true about the bleach, people use it to clean everything- but luminol lights it up. Not only blood- but body fluids as well since you lose control of bowel and bladder upon death.
Not true. Luminol lights up blood. And most people do not lose bladder and bowel control at death. They do seep those things after death, but not at the point of death.

I sure hope your right ! I want to believe as you do also ! I know many ethical folks in the industry.

I'd like to believe the brother is an ethical guy. on this basis imagine being LE in a town 20~ miles away while your brother is now facing murder chargers on a case that has made world news. yikes.

Macho is not attractive.

You'd be surprised for how many young women it is attractive. In fact, I always thought that PF would seem attractive to KB because he is tall and she, petite (opposites attract). And maybe it is only on photos, but he has this "pretty boy", youngish, face. So as long as he kept his mouth shut, flexed his muscles or spoke about dogs, he'd come across as OK. She may not have seen him being cruel to animals. And then, she was isolated there.

But the first time he got angry with her, she must have been scared. (And it is quite possible that his anger progressed with age, but no one noticed it. Remember, his classmates considered him "a gentle soul"? Anger issues might have been slowly developing, and god knows what else was there, but I doubt he ever realized he needed help.)

I think that a soft-mannered woman could elicit a better response interviewing PF than a guy. With guys, he'll clam up.

Last edited:
This is so true about the bleach, people use it to clean everything- but luminol lights it up.

Not only blood- but what about otherbody fluids ? you lose control of bowel and bladder upon death.

You need tiny amounts of blood in other body fluids to react with liminol. I read that people have to be trained with luminol and not "overdo" it.

Not to be accusing but kin is thicker than the right thing sometimes . Most of hid advisers ( if they advised ) would have experience in the finer things of not getting caught. They definitely have knowledge of the slip ups that get you caught.

He, most likely, did not tell them the whole story.

I don't think that I really believe that in an honest LE agency.

They work under a lot of stress, and it is a high-risk profession. Plus, they see the worst side of life. Remember LEs who had to extract CW's daughters? They all probably see some things one can't unsee. It might have certain effect on people, for one, cause burnout, but i'd like to believe that most of LE are ethical. Most likely, they are normal, regular people, some better, some worse, like in any other profession.

Last edited:
Yes, violent death. Out of fear. Not all deaths.

No, it's not from fear. As you die, certain muscles contract and others will loosen, which causes the contents of your bowels to release. It's actually pretty common in dogs, as well...if you've ever had to have a dog put down, the vet will warn you ahead of time because it's not pretty.

No, it's not from fear. As you die, certain muscles contract and others will loosen, which causes the contents of your bowels to release. It's actually pretty common in dogs, as well...if you've ever had to have a dog put down, the vet will warn you ahead of time because it's not pretty.
Not so. I am a registered nurse. People just die without that. I a have also have had dogs euthanised and carried them home on my shoulder without that.

Not so. I am a registered nurse. People just die without that. I a have also have had dogs euthanised and carried them home on my shoulder without that.
About the contents of her bowels being released. I only had recently became aware that that happens in death! It was one piece of evidence which led the police to believe that a woman had most likely been killed in the home of someone she knew. That, in itself, was not enough for a conviction.

I'd like to believe the brother is an ethical guy. on this basis imagine being LE in a town 20~ miles away while your brother is now facing murder chargers on a case that has made world news. yikes.

Possibly the LE brother in a town 20 miles away will seek a transfer.
This would avoid a great deal of gossip amongst town folk.
This brother will surely be stressed by this.
MOO.

You were lucky...I've had three dogs euthanized by a vet that makes house calls and each time the vet would warn me about it, and all three times it happened. My grandmother and grandfather both died at home in their sleep, and it happened with them as well.

"The ill person may lose the ability to control urine and stool as the muscles in that area begin to relax. Check with your doctor about whether a catheter is needed. Disposable bed pads or adult disposable briefs also may help."

https://www.kchospice.org/family/caregiver-tips/when-death-nears/

About the contents of her bowels being released. I only had recently became aware that that happens in death! It was one piece of evidence which led the police to believe that a woman had most likely been killed in the home of someone she knew. That, in itself, was not enough for a conviction.

Gary Ridgeway, the Green River killer, told the detectives interviewing him that he would always put a sheet down for that very reason. I don't know if PF would be that smart, though.

It depends. In a natural death, like age or a disease process, intake of fluids and food diminishes leading up to the death. There usually is not much to eliminate even though the body continues to produce both bowel and bladder waste. In this case, there can still be a little after death seepage or none at all.

However, in a sudden death, there can be bowel and bladder leakage because the sphincters relax. This can be positional or related to gas build up. It happens frequently enough. But, there are multiple variables ...

Gary Ridgeway, the Green River killer, told the detectives interviewing him that he would always put a sheet down for that very reason. I don't know if PF would be that smart, though.
A first time killer isn’t going to worry about that, as he’s got bigger fish to fry.

He’s got to worry about blood anyways, and most of the time, that’s something considered after the fact.

He’s a dumbass, not a criminal mastermind.

Obviously.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member