CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #16 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
A first time killer isn’t going to worry about that, as he’s got bigger fish to fry.

He’s got to worry about blood anyways, and most of the time, that’s something considered after the fact.

He’s a dumbass, not a criminal mastermind.

Obviously.

It's ironic, because Ridgeway's IQ was actually quite low. Yet he was either a criminal mastermind, or really, really lucky!

PF, thankfully, was stopped before he could go on to gain anymore experience in homicide.

It's ironic, because Ridgeway's IQ was actually quite low. Yet he was either a criminal mastermind, or really, really lucky!

PF, thankfully, was stopped before he could go on to gain anymore experience in homicide.
Haaaa. Well he had enough experience in homicide with 50 murders under his belt.

You do anything that often, you will get good at it.

Smart or not.

A first time killer isn’t going to worry about that, as he’s got bigger fish to fry.

He’s got to worry about blood anyways, and most of the time, that’s something considered after the fact.

He’s a dumbass, not a criminal mastermind.

Obviously.
Interestingly, Ridgeway’s IQ was 89 so not the brightest bulb, either. But perhaps his preys (young runaway girls) were not much looked for by their families, it helped him.

DEC 23, 2018
Cops process evidence found in Kelsey Berreth's murder investigation now in Idaho | Daily Mail Online
View attachment 161404 View attachment 161405
Sheila Frazee, the mother of the suspect, has also been detained by authorities but not placed under arrest.

The divorced mother of four, who is a registered nurse, lives with her youngest son at the ranch, which she outright owns according to public records.

She also owns two additional properties in the area.

Her son meanwhile attends to the ranch and also breeds dogs.

On Thursday night, officials were seen at Berreth's townhouse well into the night, and just hours later Frazee was placed in custody.

The two did not live together despite being engaged, a fact that many on social media suggested was a bad omen after learning of the disappearance.

It was Berreth however who had been hesitant to move in with her fiance because he still lived with his mother.

She instead decided to get her own home after moving to Colorado from Washington to be with Frazee.

In May, Berreth paid $184,900 for a two-bedroom home in Woodland Hills, where she lived with her daughter.

“She also owns two additional properties in the area.”

What we know about Kelsey:
7765216-6525203-image-a-19_1545592130266-jpg.161405

29 years old
5'3 and 110 lbs

Employment:

Flight instructor with a Commercial Pilot's License
Worked at a coffee shop in Florissant for a few months
Worked as a Flight Instructor at Springs Aviation in Peyton, CO in 2016
Currently works for Doss Aviation as a flight instructor in Pueblo, CO (abt 70 miles from Woodland Park)

Education:
KB spent most of her childhood attending Crestview School in Moses Lake, WA
Crestview School is tied to the local Seventh Day Adventist Church which held a vigil for Kelsey
Trained as a pilot at Big Bend Community College in Moses Lake, WA

Address and location history:
Born in Grant County, Washington
Raised in Warden, Washington
Kelsey moved to Sandpoint, ID at some point
Moved to Woodland Park, CO in 2016
Had a PO Box address in Florissant, CO
Lived in another townhouse unit in her subdivision before buying her current home
Current address: 269 E Lake Ave, Woodland Park, CO
--Home purchased by KB in May 2018
--2 bedroom, 1 bath Duplex/Townhouse

Info on KB's Personality and Interests
“She’s not the kind that runs off. This is completely out of character…Kelsey is reliable, considerate and honest,” -KB's Mom

"She's such a good person, a loving person,""She's grounded and responsible. She has a one year old child, she wouldn't just leave her." -KB's Cousin

'When you're around Kelsey, I think you just feel like a better person, being around Kelsey makes me smile, it makes me smile just to think about her, she's just a good person.' -KB's cousin

"a little reserved and sometimes soft-spoken" -A former boss

'I don't think she left willingly. Kelsey's so reliable and responsible, she's a mom, she would never leave her child. She was very excited [to be a mom], and she was a great mom.' --KB's Cousin

Relatives have described Kelsey as a sweet, quiet woman who radiates a warm energy.

“When you see her, you want to give her a great big hug and squeeze her cheeks. You can feel the energy coming from her. She’s kind, compassionate and honest,” -KB's BIL

“She was like the sister I never had.” -KB's BIL

Kelsey takes a while to warm up to people, but that her relationships are meaningful; Kelsey focused on the quality of her friendships instead of quantity -KB's BIL

KB enjoyed paddle boarding, canoeing and bike riding -KB's BIL

KB is a sweet, loving “country girl” who loves horses, hiking and the outdoors. -KB's Cousin

KB loves hiking, running and bicycling.

“She looks like such an angel, and I think that she is,” “She’s the kind of person where you feel better when you’re around her.” -KB's Cousin

“She’s an awesome person. She’s so kind… You can tell she’s a very kind-hearted person,” -a neighbor

Family info from MSM:
KB's parents are retired hay farmers and lived north of Warden until a few years ago when they moved to Sandpoint, Idaho
KB's brother and brother-in-law live in Tacoma, WA
KB's Uncle lives in Moses Lake, WA
KB and her mom talked often; they were attached at the hips since she was little and they were best friends
KB's mom knew her schedule and when to call her/when not to call because she was teaching classes; It was weird when she had not heard from Kelsey
“She and her brother spoke multiple times a week, as well as her mom.” -KB's BIL
"They're a very close-knit family" -KB's Cousin

What we know about Patrick Frazee:
7765226-6525203-image-m-18_1545592124637.jpg

32 Years Old
6'3 and 205 lbs

Education:
Went to Woodland Park High School
PF Jail Record lists "some college"

Employment:
Farrier
Cattle Rancher
Breeds cow herding dogs
Rodeo competitor

Address and location history:

PF was born in Colorado Springs and raised in Teller County
Currently lives with his mother at 1713 Wildhorn Rd Forissant, CO
--property searched by LE and owned by his mother
--35-acre ranch has a one-and-a-half story home and a 1,300 sq ft barn

Family info from MSM:
PF's parents are divorced
PF's mother is a registered nurse
In addition to the property searched, PF's mother owns 2 other properties in the area
PF has 3 siblings
PF's brother SF works for the Colorado Springs Police Department
A cousin has worked for the Garfield County Sheriff’s Office
An uncle FF is a retired Kiowa County sheriff

Info from people who know PF:
“He worked on my horses for a real short time till he punched one in the gut with a rasp and that was about the last time I let him work on my horses,” -MG

'It's a characteristic that was ongoing for years. Anytime he was at a rope and his horse didn't act right, he'd rip on his face, kick him. In the community, we were all at ropings and stuff, but if the horse doesn't do exactly what it's supposed to do you don't just beat them.' -MG

'One time we were at a rodeo in Cripple Creek and he got mad because his horse didn't do good and somebody didn't heel just right to help him get in the money and he got so mad he left out of Cripple Creek Rodeo, flipped his horse trailer with his horse in it and almost killed that horse.
'He got mad, tries to get his vehicle out of there and there's too many cars tightly packed in. Lots of people were there. -MG

'He was in a rage of being mad and angry, because the heeler didn't heel and they lost out the money. It was kind of a sad deal, especially trying to get the horse out that was traumatic for everybody.' -MG

A former girlfriend of PF declined to speak to the press but her partner commented saying that he knew Frazee to be aggressive with horses and dogs but that he did not beat his girlfriends.
“He cheated on her while she was in the hospital, take that for what it’s worth,” the man said of his current partner’s former relationship with Frazee

'Patrick is a horseshoer, I heard once he was thumping on the horse "saying this is how you've got to do it," that horse reared up and kicked him right in the forehead, he got a bunch of stitches and his [then] girlfriend hauled him to the hospital to get stitches.' -High School Classmate of PF

'Oh yeah, he's a recluse for sure. I haven't seen him in 10 years or so.' -High School Classmate of PF

A neighbor heard 'mixed things' about Frazee's alleged rough behavior with animals.
He was quiet and shy. He had his own friends circle and stayed close to his friends,' he said.
'He did come across, "I'm a big tough cowboy." But that's that cowboy way, got be strong.
'That's how he was raised, he raised horses. I think if you're raised country that's normal, if you're raised city it's going to seem harsh. It's not wrong in his eyes. Sometimes there's neglect and over abuse yes, he'd tread the fine line on it I'd say. You've got make a horse submit to what you want to do. You've got to be kind of firm. You shouldn't hit them.' --Former Neighbor HF

Two friends of Patrick defended him and rejected any suggestion he was cruel towards animals:

'He's an old fashioned cowboy. He's just old school, he does things the old way. He shoes horses modern, but he trains horses the way people used to do it, I wouldn't say that he's cruel or not. He's a stand up real good guy. I've just known him for years and he's a great person.'
The friend said he had not met Frazee's fiancée but added: 'I know the day I saw him he was a great dad to the daughter and he's a good guy. He was fine. --Man who saw PF shoe horses in Sept.

'I know him, when we had horses he used to trim our horses hooves. He was a very nice young man, I knew him all growing up, we used to go to the Gymkhana and the rodeos when he was younger. I've known him since 2003 and I never saw him do anything inappropriate or out of order.' -DR, runs the propane store

"I've always considered him to be a gentle soul. Soft spoken and just really down to Earth and practical." “couldn’t imagine him doing anything that would harm anyone.” -Friend, SO

Relationship info reported by others:

KB and PF met online according to her cousin
PF helped KB move from WA to CO only months after they met
KB told her cousin she was happy when she moved to be near PF
KB often talked about her boyfriend (PF) at her aviation job in 2016
Baby K was born Oct 2017
They were engaged but did not have a wedding date set
They have never lived together -- KB's mom

"The relationship has been good, um, they're loving, um it hasn't been ideal, you know given given the economy and things, you know, they had plans that haven't worked out as they would have liked but they've dealt with that and they've made things work regardless." --KB's mom

"I mean they had plans, you know, they were planning to find a place for them to live and so forth and the economy with prices dropping out...Kelsey's fiance has some cattle and stuff and prices were poor and so the money just wasn't available as soon as they had hoped, but they make it work."-- KB's mom

There were no records of any domestic issues between the couple --Woodland Police Chief Miles De Young

“Like most relationships it has ups and downs but for the most part it's a good relationship,” -Frazee’s lawyer

KB's parents were skeptical of Frazee from the start, describing him as an "odd duck" --close friend of the family from church

Misc Info
KB owned two vehicles-- a red truck and a car used for commuting to work
PF also owns a red truck
Neighbor AG gave KB a baby gate the week before Thanksgiving
AG had always assumed Frazee lived there with Kelsey and the baby as she would see him come and go in his red work truck.
AG never heard any arguing
An employee at Starbucks said Kelsey would pull in to the drive-thru about once a week to get a chai latte

Sources:
Search expands for Colorado mom, 29, last seen on Thanksgiving
Kelsey Berreth's cousin speaks out for the first time since fiance's arrest | Daily Mail Online
Pasco relatives pray for miracle as search continues for missing Colorado mother
Pasco relatives pray for miracle as search continues for missing Colorado mother
Fiance accused of killing Colorado woman missing for month
Fiance of missing mom Kelsey Berreth ‘punched a horse in the gut,’ cheated on his ex while she was in the hospital, sources claim: Report
Mother of missing Colorado mom speaks out on daughter's disappearance
Mother of Kelsey Berreth asked about relationship between and her daughter and her fiancé
Kelsey Berreth: Police Search Fiancé’s Ranch In Hunt For Missing Colorado Mom
Fiance of missing Kelsey Berreth voluntarily releases cell phone, DNA sample to law enforcement
Fiancee of missing Colorado mom Kelsey Berreth is arrested and charged with murder | Daily Mail Online
Patrick Frazee: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com
Kelsey Berreth's Fiance Is a 'Gentle Soul' Who Would Never Hurt Anyone, Friend Says
Neighbor of missing mom Kelsey Berreth says she saw red pickup truck, possibly fiance Patrick Frazee’s, at her home the day she went missing
Cops process evidence found in Kelsey Berreth's murder investigation now in Idaho | Daily Mail Online
Members of Sandpoint church continue prayers for Kelsey Berreth
Fiance accused of killing Colorado woman missing for month

(Not a bad post, Gardener, I think you might have missed a spot though. Just kidding! No for real though, well done, thank you, very thorough and helpful (even though I’m following far removed for my own sanity)—hope you posted this in the media thread, checking.

ETA: It wasn’t there but it is now. :) )

Last edited:

Sadly, it all came up to the victims. He preyed on runaway teenagers who were prostitutes around SeaTac area. The nature of their job made determination of disappearance more difficult. He had long periods of inactivity during marriages. But the sheer amount of his victims and the fact that they were afraid to go to the police (risking death rather than talking to the police) shaped my views of this problem, prostitution, and what we should do to provide social protection to this group, because, give or take, they are women, our sisters.

Gary Ridgeway, the Green River killer, told the detectives interviewing him that he would always put a sheet down for that very reason. I don't know if PF would be that smart, though.

Sadly, it all came up to the victims. He preyed on runaway teenagers who were prostitutes around SeaTac area. The nature of their job made determination of disappearance more difficult. He had long periods of inactivity during marriages. But the sheer amount of his victims and the fact that they were afraid to go to the police (risking death rather than talking to the police) shaped my views of this problem, prostitution, and what we should do to provide social protection to this group, because, give or take, they are women, our sisters.

I’m really missing our Late Great @Foxfire in this discussion re: Ridgeway.

(Longtime WS'er, FOXFIRE, has passed away
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/threads/325542/ )

Lemme see if I can pull a relevent quote, standby, ok here we go:

Foxfire
(Don’t you guys love how he made it over from the old forum as a “new member” :) )

“....Most inmates at ADX SuperMax are going to be there for life or beyond.. Nothing to lose.. I've done a lot of research on GR. Like most SK's he had two selves; good Gary & evil Gary. Stabbed a kid after luring him into the woods at the age of 14; aproximate age that most SKs cross the threshold from fantasy to dark reality, imo. After stabbing the kid, the kid ask GR 'why did you kill me'? GR laughed and replied, 'just to see what it felt like'.. The kid survived and was in the courtroom when GR was sentenced to multiple LWOPs..”

Last edited:
( I’m really missing our Late Great @Foxfire in this discussion re: Ridgeway.

Lemme see if I can pull a relevent quote, standby:

Foxfire )

I miss the wisdom he brought to discussions! He was a huge help in the threads about that Oakland warehouse fire.

Ridgeway did luck out because of his choice in victims, which is sad. There was such an uproar over Bundy, and he killed far less people, but murdered college girls make headlines, I guess. Neither of them killed anyone they knew well, though. PF should have known that if the mother of his child went missing he was going to be the first suspect they looked at.

I think I have this one figured out. The Twin Falls evidence is probably related to the purchase of drywall and/or paint. If they can connect him to that, it also puts him near where her phone pinged. Blood evidence from his vehicle would prove that she was killed and moved in his truck. Blood evidence from her walls would establish the scene of the crime. It's possible that the Twin Falls evidence is tied to an accomplice. Either he sent someone there or had someone accompany him on the trip. That person's cell phone data probably provided evidence that was used to roll over the accomplice. So now there's a witness prepared to testify against him. It's anybody's guess who this witness might be. But I'd put money on it being a low-life. And he probably has access to a lot of those types.

Quite honestly, most LEO are very ethical, with an impeccable moral compass. It could very easily be that his own family helped LEO piece together the timeline and scenario that lead to PF being charged with KB's disappearance.

We don't know the family dynamics of PF's family, but I know this much, usually when one adult child lives at home, without leaving the nest, the others have feelings of disdain and/or jealousy for that sibling.

Do we know if PF is the youngest son?

I just wanted to repost what @MyBelle has posted in the previous thread. So true.

BBM. Either this, or they grow up in such abusive families that they think it is the norm. But in general, I agree with your post.

I would imagine this was a psychologically controlling abuse with her daughter placed in the middle to control KB's actions. This would have been like walking on eggshells.

I think I have this one figured out. The Twin Falls evidence is probably related to the purchase of drywall and/or paint. If they can connect him to that, it also puts him near where her phone pinged. Blood evidence from his vehicle would prove that she was killed and moved in his truck. Blood evidence from her walls would establish the scene of the crime. It's possible that the Twin Falls evidence is tied to an accomplice. Either he sent someone there or had someone accompany him on the trip. That person's cell phone data probably provided evidence that was used to roll over the accomplice. So now there's a witness prepared to testify against him. It's anybody's guess who this witness might be. But I'd put money on it being a low-life. And he probably has access to a lot of those types.
Police confirmed the phone ended up in the same region that the pings came from. If the ping/texts were done to throw off the investigation (which I believe they were) why did he chose to ditch that phone in the same vicinity? Did he want authorities to find it? Or did he leave it with someone he trusted? I suspect PF has one less Christmas card to mail out this season.

Quite honestly, most LEO are very ethical, with an impeccable moral compass. It could very easily be that his own family helped LEO piece together the timeline and scenario that lead to PF being charged with KB's disappearance.

We don't know the family dynamics of PF's family, but I know this much, usually when one adult child lives at home, without leaving the nest, the others have feelings of disdain and/or jealousy for that sibling.

Do we know if PF is the youngest son?
Yes, he is the youngest child. To take that further, often parents
are not as strict in disciplining the youngest and they usually get
away with 'murder', instead of punishment.
Do we know how old PF was when his parents divorced?
I wonder how much or how little benefit he had of having a
father around while he was growing up.
Staying w/ the mother hints to me maybe he was always a
momma's boy and daddy didn't pay much attention to him.
Can't help but wonder where his life started to go so wrong.
Did he do little things when he was young and never got caught and never punished or corrected? So he just escalated being
the bad boy. ????

Am I the only one who watches the video of KB and daughter - wondering about her thoughts that day? Was she looking forward to a pleasant Thanksgiving Day with her daughter? She was vibrant and alive. Beautiful precious Kelsey. It actually hurts my heart to see her and Baby Girl in that video. Kelsey should be among the living. Enjoying Christmas Eve. Looking forward to a special day with her daughter.

May justice be swift.

MERRY CHRISTMAS to all my fellow WEBSLEUTHS friend.

(Not a bad post, Gardener, I think you might have missed a spot though. Just kidding! No for real though, well done, thank you, very thorough and helpful (even though I’m following far removed for my own sanity)—hope you posted this in the media thread, checking.

ETA: It wasn’t there but it is now. :) )
There is still a hole in the information on PF being a cattle rancher. Where are all his cattle? Did he lease another ranch?

cpeacock1 which video is that, don't think I saw it.

It is sad for them all and the holidays will never be the same. I too hope justice will be swift but I am thinking this might go on for quite sometime. I hope not and we never know.

Do we know where the baby is for Christmas? Poor little girl,
now without her mommy and daddy and grandma who took care of her. Is she with strangers or KB's family. Poor little orphan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member