CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #16 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the police come to your house to ask you questions, they cannot just take you to police station "for more intense questioning". They can ask you to come to the police station and you can go voluntarily, but you are within your rights to refuse to go to the station for questioning. The police in America can only forcibly take you to the police station if you are under arrest. Once under arrest they can try to question you but if you ask for a lawyer then they are not allowed to question you anymore without your attorney present. So, no, they cannot question PF while he is in jail (unless they first ask his lawyer and the lawyer agrees to let him be questioned-- which hardly ever happens). Hope this helps-- I am not a lawyer but we have many members here that are and have explained this previously. :)
You pretty much nailed it.

Good questions you ask. IMO- Neither he or his mother really
wanted the baby full time.

I haven't seen or heard anything positive about him being the
great family man, great father or even a loving man. Quite the
contrary. I think the baby was an annoyance that he accepted
and was forced to be part time babysitter. I also believe with
the mom, SF's age and obvious physical problems, she did
not look at the future hoping to raise a one yr. old child.
Considering PF's upbringing, I'll speculate that he felt
abandoned by his own father after the parents' divorce and
he never learned the loving responsibility of parenthood or
healthy fatherhood. I just can't buy into custody being a
motive.

The motive, IMO, was simple. He wanted KB outta his life.
I'll betcha he considered her just another b!tchin mama who
tried to run his life w/ expectations and demands.

PF didn't want to grow up and act like a mature man. He still
wanted to be free, independent and selfishly do his own thing.
As KB's dad said "He was an Odd Duck".
I wonder where KB spent Thanksgiving Eve. That Wednesday night. Did she witness him and the person
PF is charged with solicitation to commit murder (in addition to 1st degree murder). This requires involvement of one more additional players.

Who was it that PF solicited and potentially received help from?

Solicitation relates to activities planned prior to a murder. Taking a phone to Idaho after the murder on PF's behalf would not be solicitation, it would be obstruction or conspiracy.

At the very least, someone knew that KB was going to be murdered. And did nothing.

The person that PF solicited may not get charged if assistance was not actually provided for the murder. I'm not saying anything new here, as this has been preciously discussed. But when will we find out the identity of this person that was solicited, and potential additional charges?

Today? At PF's court appearance? Maybe at trial? Is LE still making a case against the second party(s)?

If PF pleads guilty and no charges are ever filed against this person, might we never find out? Would he plead guilty to avoid this disclosure?

We see murders everyday, so I would never say that I don't understand why murders occur.

What I can't get my head around is- how does anyone not take action when they know the mother of a one year old child is about to be murdered?

Did the person that PF solicited also want KB to disappear?

It is against the WS rules to speculate on who provided assistance to PF.

But I really hope the entire story gets told.
Did the person that PF solicited also want KB to disappear? This is a great question. That person may have been visiting Colorado over Thanksgiving, maybe KB had witnessed some illegal behavior and they both wanted her silenced. One was willing to kill, the other was willing to throw off LE by sending some texts when he returned home to Idaho at the end of the holiday weekend.

If the police come to your house to ask you questions, they cannot just take you to police station "for more intense questioning". They can ask you to come to the police station and you can go voluntarily, but you are within your rights to refuse to go to the station for questioning. The police in America can only forcibly take you to the police station if you are under arrest. Once under arrest they can try to question you but if you ask for a lawyer then they are not allowed to question you anymore without your attorney present. So, no, they cannot question PF while he is in jail (unless they first ask his lawyer and the lawyer agrees to let him be questioned-- which hardly ever happens). Hope this helps-- I am not a lawyer but we have many members here that are and have explained this previously. :)

Thank you!

November 22nd - Thursday
(Thanksgiving)
  • KB last seen on video surveillance shopping in Safeway (noon hour)
  • KB exchanged daughter with PF (fiancé)

November 25th - Sunday
  • Text from KB’s phone to her employer
  • KB's phone pinged in Gooding, ID (5:13 pm)
  • PF received text from KB’s phone

December 2nd - Sunday
  • KB's mom called PF on KB's whereabouts
  • Missing person reported - KB's mom (12:37 pm)

December 10th - Monday
  • Press Conference

December 12th - Wednesday
  • PF Attorney releases statement - PF is cooperating with investigators

December 13th - Thursday
  • Candlelight Vigil Held for KB

December 14th - Friday
  • Search Warrant Franzee Property/Residence

December 15th - Saturday
  • Twin Falls law enforcement was requested to help

December 16th - Sunday
  • The search of Patrick Frazee's property concludes Sunday night

December 18th - Tuesday
  • Five law enforcement vehicles seen leaving PF Property
  • PF and 2 others made trip to Waste Management Landfill

December 19th - Wednesday
  • LE at Kelsey’s Residence

December 20th - Thursday

December 21st - Friday
  • Arrested- 1st Degree murder and Solicitation of Murder
Inmate #: 2018001543
Booking #: 18-02029
Case #: D602018CR330
Archonix XJail Public
  • Press Conference 10am MST
  • PF - Hearing on Advisement - 3:30pm
Case #: D602018CR330​
  • Vigil held for KB in Moses Lake, WA
December 22nd - Saturday
  • Twin Falls, ID Police Department issued statement they are working with CBI and FBI to prepare and serve several search warrants, including processing items of possible evidence with the assistance of the Twin Falls County and Twin Falls Evidence Technicians.

December 27th - Thursday
  • Temporary Custody Hearing - 1pm
Case #: D602018JV26​

December 31st - Monday
  • PF - First Appearance - 9am
Case #: D602018CR330​
On December 22 TFPD issued a statement. In there they say (search warrants had already been issued, and they are still helping with "processing"). My question is: when were they issued, on which previous day?

Idaho Detectives Assist Investigation of Missing Colorado Woman

A Colorado judge has denied a defense team’s request for a gag order in murder investigation of pilot Kelsey Berreth.

The Gazette reports that Fourth Judicial District Judge Lin Billing Vela was rejected a gag order motion filed by the defense attorneys for Patrick Frazee, who was arrested earlier this month on first-degree murder charges in the case of the missing mother, whose body had not been found. Berreth and Frazee, the father of her 1-year-old daughter, were engaged but did not live together, and Frazee did not report Berreth missing after she vanished on Thanksgiving Day.

Judge rejects ‘gag order’ in murder investigation of missing Colorado mom Kelsey Berreth

In northern colorado at 7000 feet the snow is rock hard like permafrost this year, not sure about down south, but they are on track for a big storm this week to get more snow.
We have hardly any snow (a block from KB residence). If you're on the right side of a hiking trail on a mountain, or in shaded tree areas, there is more snow.we are expected a little snow later today, but most of the big stuff is still NW of us.

FWIW, I have a weird theory, I have been surprised that bodies of people who have been killed, seem to turn up. Who would have ever expected Laci Peterson's body to be found? That was really amazing.

And Lori Hackett's body was discovered after months of looking.

I don't know where KB is, or if she will be found...there is a lot of open space. But maybe something will happen...
My biggest fear is that she’s in a mine. Because from what some have said, if that were the case, it is possible she would never be found. I will keep hoping that her remains are found. And soon.

Here is a longer raw interview video with the reporter questions:

About 2:10 the reporter asks: "When you talked to her most recently, what has she said, what has she been like?"
CB: "She's been happy. She's been wanting to decorate for Christmas and excited about that but she thought that maybe her fiance and K* were planning to get the Christmas tree themselves and so she was holding off on buying something. She was planning her Christmas list and calling people wanting to know what was on their list for Christmas. Her job was going well.. Yeah, I just don't see any issues in her life at this time."

*Baby's name redacted by me
Thanks for pulling that quote! (again?) That fact about PF and K "maybe" getting the tree has morphed into many things that do not match what CB said about it. Not that it won't continue to be misrepresented over and over (unintentionally, I know). I very much admire those posters that take the time to provide evidence when others' post erroneous (unintentionally, I believe!) information.

Also what other evidence was located in Idaho that took "several" search warrants.

dkryder said something that struck me a couple posts back: "...perhaps PF even made a hotel/motel reservation using KB phone for a stop in ID...."

We are only told of the two texts. But once the cell is found and data retrieved (which now has happened) there could be a plethora of information for LE.
Here is a longer raw interview video with the reporter questions:

About 2:10 the reporter asks: "When you talked to her most recently, what has she said, what has she been like?"
CB: "She's been happy. She's been wanting to decorate for Christmas and excited about that but she thought that maybe her fiance and K* were planning to get the Christmas tree themselves and so she was holding off on buying something. She was planning her Christmas list and calling people wanting to know what was on their list for Christmas. Her job was going well.. Yeah, I just don't see any issues in her life at this time."

*Baby's name redacted by me
Thanks! Consider the following. "she thought that maybe her fiance and K* were planning to get the Christmas tree themselves and so she was holding off on buying something". It sounded like it never crossed either party's mind, to shop for a tree together. Either she was going to shop for a tree, or they were going to shop for a tree. I interpret this as a sign the relationship may have been over far before Nov.24

Good questions you ask. IMO- Neither he or his mother really
wanted the baby full time.

I haven't seen or heard anything positive about him being the
great family man, great father or even a loving man. Quite the
contrary. I think the baby was an annoyance that he accepted
and was forced to be part time babysitter. I also believe with
the mom, SF's age and obvious physical problems, she did
not look at the future hoping to raise a one yr. old child.
Considering PF's upbringing, I'll speculate that he felt
abandoned by his own father after the parents' divorce and
he never learned the loving responsibility of parenthood or
healthy fatherhood. I just can't buy into custody being a
motive.

The motive, IMO, was simple. He wanted KB outta his life.
I'll betcha he considered her just another b!tchin mama who
tried to run his life w/ expectations and demands.

PF didn't want to grow up and act like a mature man. He still
wanted to be free, independent and selfishly do his own thing.
As KB's dad said "He was an Odd Duck".
Well, if it's true that he felt the baby was an annoyance and didn't want to be responsible for her care, he sure didn't make it any easier for himself by killing the mother and being left a single parent with no-one to share the responsibilities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23