AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #30

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just don't believe for a second that Jayme was involved in planning or participating in the assassinations of her parents, but taking another look at the abduction brings questions.

The age of 13 is when kids start pulling away from their parents. Lots of complaints like, "My mom won't let me..." or "My dad won't buy for me..." or "They won't take me..." or "My dad says I have to clean..." Lots of stretching their wings.

I have not read where Jayme had a lot of friends. That said, yes, she had just changed schools. However, I have not heard about going places with friends, friends at her house, Jayme at friend's houses, parties with her own age group, cell phone use. What we have heard is Denise taking Jayme places. Remembrances have been adult driven rather than organized by Jayme's peers. One would think her peers would be more involved, even from her previous school. Actually, other than a couple of comments, we don't know much about Jayme personally. Could she have formed a friendship with the abductor?

The crime scene itself is strange. There is no evidence of a struggle from Jayme, and the killer was in and out in minutes - not even inside the house for more than 5 ft. The sheriff once asked to look for a backpack, which is odd. He must know if her shoes or coat/jacket is missing.

How odd is it that relatives publicly asked Jayme to come home? Have we ever heard of an abduction case where the victim could walk away? There is nothing for Jayme to come home to. If Jayme is complicit, she certainly knows "home" will be to JDC. Is there evidence Jayme spent overnights with relatives or would wish to permanently live with relatives?

I have no knowledge that Jayme is involved in her own disappearance, but like other theories, it's out there.

I, too, wonder about the lack of info on Jayme.

As far as the appealing to her by the relatives, usually an abductor tells kids they are unwanted. To me, the relatives are telling her how much she is loved

Based on the sheriff's comments I don't believe this was done by someone Jayme was secretly communicating with online or other means such as a text either.

Anyone kicking down a door of the home of what is apparently a good family and murdering two good parents has some reason that may not follow the logic of any sane person. John Hinckley tried to kill President Reagan as a result of his obsession with the film "Taxi Driver" and actress Jodie Foster. It really had no logical connection to the President.

There is a possibility this person saw some photo of Jayme with a family member or somewhere else, read something she wrote on social media or overheard her talking somewhere in public and applied their own twisted logic. And this is assuming Jayme was the target.

It also possible that one of the parents said something to the murderer in the past and the murderer perceived themselves as being wronged leading to one of the parents as being the target with the other murder and the abduction as collateral damage.

Given what we have there are a number of scenarios and they don't seem, so far, to be based on any logical thought process.

I have met people who get upset over the most ridiculous of things. They perceive a bad purpose when there is none.

I have not met any killers that I know of, but perhaps it could be this type of person? I think of the recent killer who rode a bike and killed a doctor who he felt had provided the wrong care for his mother.

It could be something that festered for decades. Generally speaking, people like that have few friends because it isn’t hard to make them angry with everyone. I imagine it would be hard to narrow a list of people like that in the area.

Where did you read that? Was that something the family said? I definitely could have missed it and I think that would be a big deal if someone or something made her feel work was not safe.

I actually remember that too. I cannot say exactly what but there was talk about her not feeling safe at work. That’s all I remember.

I have not read the released documents re Jacob Wetterling but with a little bit published, it seems that there were power struggles with the different LE. The perp was going to be arrested and it sounds like something happened between LE.

I believe he lived 15 miles away. No one knew it was him. There were no people covering for him.

But it is so obvious it was him when the truth came out. LE even had his footprints. He was a very small man so the footprimts were small. They had his tire prints . That had fibers that matched a previous abduction. There were tons of LE that worked on that case over the years.

I hope that things have been learned over the years,

I so agree with all you have said. The LE in the area of Wetterling say as much, that (not knocking our fed agency but in hindsight it did not necessarily help). I think that sometimes in this case. I see so much child ped and trafficking thing like on a certain social media platform (just generally, not this case) people jumped to that. Yet the most common or Occam's Razor is probably someone local. I myself had an initial thought of trafficking but it would be the most unlikely as time has went on and wow, how much more could you call attention to yourself? It is very much more likely local. Perhaps feds just by nature are more apt to go outside the area in their thoughts or what they generally see. When this terrible tragedy occurred I myself thought the fed agency was primary as it used to be (i am not young lol) i thought they could not get involved unless they crossed a state border. Not true anymore and many people think they are primary and from what I understand they are not. The local county could call for assistance but not know it was a border cross with a kidnapping and the county is primary and in control. Again, not knocking any agency but in the Wetterling case, they have a lot of hindsight. I at my moments that think of the simplest explanation think she could be across the street or a few miles away. That is the most likely. Although it was a State Highway with a ton of traffic during the day and she did wait for the bus. However, even then, if someone saw her daily while they waited behind a stopped bus, it is still someone traveling to work daily... An hour, a half hour, 15 minutes. All scenarios can fit but most likely it is someone if not in the immediate area, in an hour vicinity. Whether about the parents, Jayme, work or something else, hard to say.

I have met people who get upset over the most ridiculous of things. They perceive a bad purpose when there is none.

I have not met any killers that I know of, but perhaps it could be this type of person? I think of the recent killer who rode a bike and killed a doctor who he felt had provided the wrong care for his mother.

It could be something that festered for decades. Generally speaking, people like that have few friends because it isn’t hard to make them angry with everyone. I imagine it would be hard to narrow a list of people like that in the area.

1. You told cops I’m still a drug addict... and I lost custody of my kid .... that would piss u off...

2. 19 yr old foster kid already mentally fragile told he’s worthless stay away from jayme ... that worx

3. Getting me fired from only good job in small town when I did nothing wrong...
That worx...

Any sizable item like above I get.... that’s anger that could lead to this...

Being the only friend James/Denise didn’t take to packers game ... I don’t buy..
I also don’t hear anyone saying James/Denise grumpy Gus... the opposite.
I think u need more than road rage or simple slight ...

Gotta be big to get to killing 2 people through a door if it’s anger..

Variables are lotta people travel by house and apparently 10 percent of town views meth as a good nightcap...

The Closses did not live in Barron, they lived 1 mile east in unincorporated Barron which is why the 911 call was directed to Barron County

I understand that. Either way out of the City Limits is not the City of Barron PD but is county. I was remarking on the call log which said the residence was east of Barron. It is not, it is west. The sister is east and even then it would be the county not the city. It may be a typo or just whatever by the dispatcher but the Closs residence is west, not east. It is a fact that the dispatch log says it is east of Barron.

I’m assuming jayme is like most kids...snap chat pretty popular..likely more snaps than text ... like mollie Tibbetts..
Some good news .. Fitzgerald will atleast get log of last 200 snaps ?? Is that correct...? doesn’t say what snap was... but does say to whom what time ...

According to the Snapchat Law Enforcement Guide, Snapchat retains a log of the last two hundred Snaps sent and received by its users, although it only discloses this information to authorities if there is a possible "emergency involving danger of death or serious physical injury". Presumably those Snaps include ones that users have seen (which naturally disappear), as well as those that have been received and not read. However, note that this is just a log, and Snapchat doesn't physically keep Snaps on its servers. Read Snaps are deleted immediately, while unread Snaps are kept for thirty days before they're deleted.

I'm talking about the human side of it. Not the computer generated report.
I walk in, I see a man down, most likely a pretty bloody vision. I check for a pulse, I check the body position, look for a weapon et. etc. I do all this kneeling by the body, before I report what I've seen. This is what happens before I report. Could be seconds, could be minutes. jmo

Yet it says the residence was east of Barron.
1. You told cops I’m still a drug addict... and I lost custody of my kid .... that would piss u off...

2. 19 yr old foster kid already mentally fragile told he’s worthless stay away from jayme ... that worx

3. Getting me fired from only good job in small town when I did nothing wrong...
That worx...

Being the only friend James/Denise didn’t take to packers game ... I don’t buy..

Variables are lotta people travel by house and apparently 10 percent of town views meth as a good nightcap...

I agree. My very first thought was someone drugged/methed up in which case all bets are possibly off in it making sense. They/he is in a different world. The next thought is this is rage and passionate and anger. Shoot through a door etc., this is personal. jmho.

I actually remember that too. I cannot say exactly what but there was talk about her not feeling safe at work. That’s all I remember.
I read the same thing on a different forum.-Said James's health had not been good lately and Denise was considering changing jobs as she no longer felt safe at work. Since there is nothing that I know of to back it up I dismissed it as rumor. JMOO

That worx...

about her having a boyfriend. I do not for a single second think she was going on dates or hanging out at a boys house or in a boys car, doing things that a more mature relationship with a boy would be thought of as. I do think there could have been someone that she had a less mature interest in. if so and a boy was older than her then a boys idea of being her boyfriend and the idea a 13 year old has about having a boyfriend could be much different. it could be that she had a group of friends, some being a boy and just a friend as far as she thought of it, but another might have thought of it differently. the potential of a boyfriend I think depends on a persons definition of a boyfriend and I think that perception is different at different ages.

I read the same thing on a different forum.-Said James's health had not been good lately and Denise was considering changing jobs as she no longer felt safe at work. Since there is nothing that I know of to back it up I dismissed it as rumor. JMOO
It has been stated on other boards but never confirmed.

It is good this site does not allow gossip and I like that but there is a bit that is pretty believable.

I’m assuming jayme is like most kids...snap chat pretty popular..likely more snaps than text ... like mollie Tibbetts..
Some good news .. Fitzgerald will atleast get log of last 200 snaps ?? Is that correct...? doesn’t say what snap was... but does say to whom what time ...

According to the Snapchat Law Enforcement Guide, Snapchat retains a log of the last two hundred Snaps sent and received by its users, although it only discloses this information to authorities if there is a possible "emergency involving danger of death or serious physical injury". Presumably those Snaps include ones that users have seen (which naturally disappear), as well as those that have been received and not read. However, note that this is just a log, and Snapchat doesn't physically keep Snaps on its servers. Read Snaps are deleted immediately, while unread Snaps are kept for thirty days before they're deleted.
So, does this mean Jayme WAS on Snapchat?

That worx...

I have read online about people shooting someone over a sport game.

I guess I am u usual that I meet people who get angry for the most trivial of reasons?

I have a person who will not speak to me because I said something nice about someone she does not care for. As my husband says, with those type of people, everyone gets their turn in the barrel. You never know what will tick them off.

over the holidays I was reminded of someone that I have a long standing very strong dislike for. this very strong dislike has been there for near 25 years, I dislike this person as much or more today than I did way back then. I would confine myself to my home or drive any distance to avoid the person that instilled this dislike in me. some might not be as likely to avoid but to confront. I can not rule out that someone from long ago came calling and commited all of this.

So, does this mean Jayme WAS on Snapchat?

I have no idea... but it’s usually most popular Amongst teens.. around niece/ nephews jaymes age.. that’s all they use..
They have Instagram/what’s app/snap...
But almost always use snap...

I don’t know on kik or what’s app... I would think she uses something besides just android or iPhone text....

James/Denise phone also gotta have ton of info over last 6 months ... I would think even logs u could go back 3/4 years ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77