Canada - Barry, 75, & Honey Sherman, 70, found dead, Toronto, 15 Dec 2017 #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
From my perspective I think a little recap is due now.

andreww and KW are the strongest proponents of the Murder/Suicide scenario perpetrated by Barry Sherman. A number of other sleuthers agree with the TPS that it was a targeted double murder.

KW implies BS hated his wife and even asked KW to arrange her murder. Prior to the Sherman's death, had KW shared that info regarding BS intentions with anybody else? Just curious.

Some people support the M/S theory based on no arrests to date. However I and some other sleuthers believe the TPS may know who did it, and are still collecting more evidence before laying charges.

Finally I believe Mark Saunders as Chief of the TPS, has enough integrity, to say publicly,
'Under further review, the evidence shows that no crime has been committed, it was a case of M/S and the case is now closed.'

Since a year has passed and he has not said that, and his department treats the case active as a targeted double murder, I believe it is safe to believe that.

For those who believe it is a big cover-up to protect the Apotex and Sherman's name, that idea holds little water in light of the dismissal of Jeremy Desai, Jack Kay and the rise of Jonathan Sherman as the new power in the family. To be honest the deaths of Barry and Honey, regardless how they died is old news, and not really relevant in politics nor business today.

I wrote,

Looking forward, public officials had little to lose sticking to M-S if that's what they privately believed, transpired.

Andreww replied:

Yes they did. Especially Chief Saunders who has been under a lot of scrutiny lately.

- -
Yes, Chief Saunders has been under a lot of scrutiny lately.

I don't see falsely - and very publicly - admitting a major mistake was made by TPS as a means of alleviating it.

That would be jumping from the frying pan into the fire. A house of cards that could be brought down in one or two breaths of truth, later.

All these folks falling into a false narrative and willingly, falsely looking inept to supposedly silence one squeaky wheel?

A wheel that would eventually be ignored by the public in the absence of substantial findings to support their differing argument?

For what? What's the return?

Can't buy into it.

But Saunders didn’t admit a mistake. In fact he went to great lengths to say that his force never said it was a m/s. Which is ridiculous, because if they didn’t say it outright, what they did say led everyone to the conclusion that the police did believe that it was a m/s. And they did nothing to refute that for many weeks.

But Saunders didn’t admit a mistake. In fact he went to great lengths to say that his force never said it was a m/s. Which is ridiculous, because if they didn’t say it outright, what they did say led everyone to the conclusion that the police did believe that it was a m/s. And they did nothing to refute that for many weeks.

TPS never said it was M/S. The media is responsible for THAT rumour.
When there was nothing coming from TPS, they still had to sell papers.

Last edited:
Who said anything about master criminal, not me. If the plan was to make the deaths look like suicides and one of them went wrong as I indicated, that's hardly a master criminal. It's an amateur. He could have threatened with a weapon like a knife and not used it. We don't know if Honey merely fell on her face in trying to get away, so it's not necessarily the killer who drew blood. Why assume she was dead after becoming injured?

I think the use of the words psychopathic and comical are just a distraction from the argument. Try explaining how it makes sense for KW to say Barry finally killed her before anyone knew anything except that they were both found dead in their home. That's the part that doesn't make sense.
I’ve been in the “penalty box” for the last 2 weeks. Been reading and liking a few posts. Andrews: A’s always THX!
My instincts and knowing Barry and Honey brought about my initial reaction/statement when my lawyer called me, after being tipped off by a reporter at the Globe+Mail that their bodies were found.....”he finally killed the ^<}]’”

I’ve been in the “penalty box” for the last 2 weeks. Been reading and liking a few posts. Andrews: A’s always THX!
My instincts and knowing Barry and Honey brought about my initial reaction/statement when my lawyer called me, after being tipped off by a reporter at the Globe+Mail that their bodies were found.....”he finally killed the ^<}]’”

Why were you never invited to their home?

Geez, why do the simplest ideas need to be completely spelled out? IF the had wrist bindings on, why in gods name would they take them off until they were both dead hanging from the railing? So no need to bind their arms with jackets after they are already dead is there?

To your second point, because KERRY KNEW BARRY HATED HER GUTS! Kerry is the only person on here that doesn't have his head in the sand because they've bought in to the idea that these too people were happy and in love. This is Canada. You are extremely unlikely to get murdered here, unless you are running with gangs or doing drugs. If you don't fit that category and still get murdered you can bet your *advertiser censored* that your spouse, or significant other did it.
Barry often told me Honey was “mean spirited”. He was constantly upset by her relationship with the children.

LOL, you are right. Maybe the murderer was a geriatric as well and couldn't reach the ties.

And yes I believe Kerry. He's given me no reason to not believe him. So much in life is simply perception. Kerry in a blue collar guy. He's had substance abuse problems in the past. He was involved in a lawsuit with Barry. Of course the press were going to vilify him, after all there are hundreds of rich blue bloods that'll tell you Barry and Honey were peachy, but at the end of the day you find out they were in business together. Kerry Winter has nothing to gain from this, just like he really had nothing to gain by suing a man with an unlimited legal budget. He can never win and he knows it. What is important to him is that people see Barry for what he actually was.
Thx Andrew: couldn’t have said it better myself.

Kerry wouldn't have really had much choice in the matter. Barry could have called those loans at any time or simply cut him off altogether. I believe he's said as much.
I cannot defend myself here. It wasn’t too long ago the TPS questioned my best friend and suggested a conspiracy to commit murder charge.

I find that marital relationships move in ebbs and flows over time.. they do not stand still, with the exact same feelings and depths of feelings from one month to another and one year after another, perhaps even day-to-day. They change. Drastically sometimes.

Barry may have hated Honey at one or more points in their 40+ years of marriage for a day or a few days or a month or whatever, or he may have just been levying his dry humor, which perhaps KW mistakenly took seriously. But fact is, KW hadn't spoken to the man in over a decade, and had zero knowledge of his inner thoughts and current feelings for his wife. Unfortunately for him, he really can't make the claim that 'Barry hated her guts'.

And you gotta love a person who waits to make such claims until such a time as the person is unable to defend him/herself. If KW's lawsuit purpose was simply to make sure people knew the real Barry, perhaps that claim would have carried more clout during his exhaustive 10+ year lawsuit. It is irrelevant now.
Barry and l certainly didn’t socialize in the same circles for the last 10 years. However, we share a few mutual acquaintances shall l say. Barry and Honey didn’t get along til the very end!

Lol, If Kerry had said anything he would have been sued. Barry was a bully. His massive wealth allowed him to make life miserable for whoever he chose by using the courts. I read a piece about him yesterday and a quote from a colleague stated that Barry would spend $3 million dollars to get out of paying someone $150,000. He's not the kind of guy you want to piss off.
I told Geraldine Sherman, (not related), when she was writing “Inside the Billion Dollar Famiky Feud” for Toronto Life back in 2007: “ If Barry hadn’t become an entrepreneurial billionaire running my father’s businesses ....he would have been a serial killer”.

Can we just take a moment to review the life of Kerry Winter?

Born into wealth. Adopted, with brothers, into very affluent family.

Those two things would provide him with private schools, the best of everything for a 'good start' in life.

Sadly, the parents both died within a short period so not without childhood trauma. BUT, he's not the first to have this happen.

IF the articles are correct, he was suspended/expelled from school for drug use/possible dealing by 15 yrs and out of the Barkins home.

An uncle, on his mothers' side, sends him to college for more education.

Substance abuse followed and no comments about employment until after he reconnects with BS.

When the men reconnected with BS, at least three of them were supplied with money for cars, houses and cottages plus a generous 'allowance' of $20,000 per month.

After a couple of decades (?) of this, a lawsuit ensues, BS cuts off the money and adds up the debt.

Ten years later, after the courts throw out all claims and award costs to BS, the Shermans are murdered within weeks of the judgement.

Now, maybe I'm totally wrong but I see much of LIFE as being about choices. Lifestyle choices.

As for suing BS, another lifestyle choice. A very poor choice. My understanding of the court case is that they were told it wouldn't go in their favour from the get-go.

Also, they must have understood that BS would take offence and cut off the allowances, benefits that he had provided for what 2 decades??

How can being so privileged during his formative years and so well treated by BS for a couple of decades be the fault of BS?

I understand that there was trauma but many of us have varying traumas, yet surpass them as adults.
Try not to judge another man til you walk a mile in his moccasins. You have little to no idea of my life. My pain, hurts, betrayal nor trauma. How convenient and rather harsh to call me mentally unstable, vindictive and vengeful. Stop: see the forest from the trees. This isn’t about me....10 years of litigation with a cousin l once loved, respected and admired.
Isn’t this web site about the truth re. Barry + Honey Sherman?!?!

Barry often told me Honey was “mean spirited”. He was constantly upset by her relationship with the children.

What was her relationship with the children like? Can you tell us?
I know only Lauren is a birth child to Honey and the others were from a surrogate.
I've read that Barry always made a point to mention that to others.

Try not to judge another man til you walk a mile in his moccasins. You have little to no idea of my life. My pain, hurts, betrayal nor trauma. How convenient and rather harsh to call me mentally unstable, vindictive and vengeful. Stop: see the forest from the trees. This isn’t about me....10 years of litigation with a cousin l once loved, respected and admired.
Isn’t this web site about the truth re. Barry + Honey Sherman?!?!

Sorry if you saw it as judgement, it was meant to be factual.

I have never made personal comments about you, just the 'facts' as stated in articles where you were interviewed.

Which points do I have wrong? There is nothing judgemental in my comments and I have never stated anything about your mental health or attitudes.

Sorry if you saw it as judgement, it was meant to be factual.

I have never made personal comments about you, just the 'facts' as stated in articles where you were interviewed.

Which points do I have wrong? There is nothing judgemental in my comments and I have never stated anything about your mental health or attitudes.
Appreciate your apology. BTW: l get along extremely well with my sister-in-law Julia. I didn’t have a mental breakdown and agreed to a litigation guardian: “took one for the team”.
I won’t defend myself again here. I will state this for the record:
* Nobody will collect the 10 million.
* The multiple murderers who targeted Barry and Honey won’t be arrested.
* Barry killed Honey then hung hinself.

Oh, l didn’t do it!

Appreciate your apology. BTW: l get along extremely well with my sister-in-law Julia. I didn’t have a mental breakdown and agreed to a litigation guardian: “took one for the team”.
I won’t defend myself again here. I will state this for the record:
* Nobody will collect the 10 million.
* The multiple murderers who targeted Barry and Honey won’t be arrested.
* Barry killed Honey then hung hinself.

Oh, l didn’t do it!
So, you’re publicly stating that Julia Winter lied and knowingly made false claims to the court. You’re admitting the same.

Unless you were there when the murders took place or had a part in them: you don’t know what happened.

ETA: People are interested in what you have to say here. If you haven’t already, just ignore me :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member