AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isnt there a garage under the house? There could be a black Toyota parked in there we cant see. Has anyone verified that the plates on the Escape are the same as the one on the log? I dont see a picture that shiws the plates.

When you buy a car you go register it. They ask you if you need a plate or if you have one you can transfer to it. If you transfer, they link the plate number to the new vehicle, and the old vehicle is no longer licensed.
Absolutely I understand that's what the legal process is....but that isn't always done. There in lies the problem. I was a title clerk at a new car dealership in Dallas Texas. And it was strictly controlled by the state. States loose so much revenue by not enforcing their registration policies. I didn't mean to start a diatribe about registration procedures in Wisconsin. I just thought it strange in a case of already strange things.

Isnt there a garage under the house? There could be a black Toyota parked in there we cant see. Has anyone verified that the plates on the Escape are the same as the one on the log? I dont see a picture that shiws the plates.
If there was another car LE would have listed it I'm sure..

<modsnip: quoted post was removed>The Closs vehicles were not even impounded to search for additional evidence as far as I can tell. I saw one photo with the doors of James' truck doors open but the vehicles seemed to have been left at the house when LE left the scene. So why are we discussing details of their cars? Do we think the FBI missed something? :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is an interesting article about the resignation of the Barron County District Attorney and resignation early 2018. Sheriff Fitzgerald was unhappy with her performance and stated in the article that she
“wasn’t tough enough, nor fast enough, and struck too many plea bargains”

http://www.cumberland-advocate.com/...iser censored*-2018-01-24-a-001 e-edition.pdf

Last edited:
/pp
Mollie was a fairly easy case to wrap our heads around, as we had a pretty obvious motive from the get-go.

Those cases are almost always sexually motivated, and the only real question is the “who.”

The problem with this case, is that it doesn’t have a clear motive, nor a great deal of precedent.

Jayme could have been the intent, or she could have been “a bonus” for this sicko.

If you have a clear motive, you have a better idea of where to look.
If that’s in question, then everything is in question.
Not a good place to be.
Yep. If we figure out the why, we'll get closer to the who.

I don't have a particularly good track record trying to figure out these type of cases, but that doesn't stop me from speculating. : )

I'm down to two very broad speculations:
1. Fascination with Jayme. In this speculation, I think the Perp observed her at her bus stop each day. I think of Sierra Lamar as an example of this type of predatory situation. Or, Jayme could have been exposed to a well disguised Pedophile through her dance events. And, of course, she could have been communicating with someone online. This study states that Wisconsin ranks #5 in the nation for being home to registered sex offenders:
Sex Crimes: Here Are 15 States With the Most Registered Sex Offenders

2. Grievance with the parents related to work/money: In this speculation I think one or both of the parents were somehow involved in someone losing their job, a promotion, or something of similar weight. This could have happened quite some time ago, and the Perp waited for enough time to pass to take suspicion off of themselves.

Wild Card: There have been various wild card theories thrown about related to debt, mistaken identity, and so forth. The only other wild card (emphasis on wild) that I can come up with would be a crime of passion. People do crazy things when it comes to "love". Did James or Denise do or say anything that resulted in a couple breaking up or anything like that? I know that sounds far out there, but people passion kill all the time - sadly.

These speculations are all I can conjure up at the moment.
Such a head scratcher of a case.
God Bless little Jayme, wherever she is.... : (

Please stop with all the off-topic posts. Stick to discussing the case and leave rumors, gun laws, etc out of the discussion.

If there is nothing new to contribute, perhaps members could consider helping out in other threads where new eyes might shed some light on things.

So in other words, your plate follows your vehicle the same way your driver’s license stays the same? Just trying to understand because in Kentucky the plates change with a vehicle change but if I understand correctly, many states have laws where the plate goes with a new vehicle and remains the same? TIA!

Out of curiosity, I googled “turkey recall” and not surprisingly, Jennie O is indeed the place where the recall was established. Whistle blower anyone?! As an aside, what
I would give for my husband’s smoked turkey as we had lasagne for Christmas dinner.

EDITED to add public was notified in
November 2018 but that doesn’t mean someone hadn’t already notified the government or the plant supervisors!

Last edited:
I think Fitzgerald is beyond confident on timeline... we all want neighbors to be correct so it’s interesting item to review.

I think they have cell
Phones not moving from 12:30 to 12:51... then at 12:52 Denise only cell phone that moves and one immediate call to 911...

Fitz has 911 call/ body temp/blood coagulation/electrical meter reading/cell phone movements..
Please forgive if this has been addressed already but I'm playing catch up. How would anyone know if any cell phones were moved? Moved as in, say ten feet? TIA

Here is an interesting article about the resignation of the Barron County District Attorney and resignation early 2018. Sheriff Fitzgerald was unhappy with her performance and stated in the article that she
“wasn’t tough enough, nor fast enough, and struck too many plea bargains”

http://www.cumberland-advocate.com/sites/default/files/*advertiser censored*-2018-01-24-a-001 e-

<modsnip: quoted post was removed>The Closs vehicles were not even impounded to search for additional evidence as far as I can tell. I saw one photo with the doors of James' truck doors open but the vehicles seemed to have been left at the house when LE left the scene. So why are we discussing details of their cars? Do we think the FBI missed something? :rolleyes:
Someone has found through a DMV search that the license plate on the 911 log as Denises vehicle does not match the white van parked in the driveway. It shows being plated to a black Toyota.

Mollie was a fairly easy case to wrap our heads around, as we had a pretty obvious motive from the get-go.

Those cases are almost always sexually motivated, and the only real question is the “who.”

The problem with this case, is that it doesn’t have a clear motive, nor a great deal of precedent.

Jayme could have been the intent, or she could have been “a bonus” for this sicko.

If you have a clear motive, you have a better idea of where to look.

If that’s in question, then everything is in question.

Not a good place to be.

I think so, too, but will play devil’s advocate here for a second on how Mollie’s murder was solved *rather* quickly, and we are still hanging on here trying to figure out what happened to Jayme.

I followed Mollie’s story, and it seemed like an eternity to figure it out, but the main clues were she was running, and could have been spotted by her killer. That’s hindsight, but at the time, before the truth was revealed, possibilities were brought up other than what actually happened.

With Mollie, there was some good detective work, sprinkled with a little luck- the investigators found camera footage. I know that is being tried with Jayme’s case, too.

All that to say, the crimes are dissimilar because of the nature of the means, opportunity and motive.

Mollie was caught by a random person who caught her running. That does seem easy, in hindsight,

Jayme’s case is her parents were shot dead and she was no where to be found.

This case is confounding, but I do think once the clues are pieced together, it will be easy to understand how it went down.

Jayme moved schools to be near her caretaker/carer, who was her Aunt.

No idea if she had shot guns but James did belong to a hunting group i believe and owned 3 guns apparently.

No idea why mom was scared at work.
Wait, what? Jayme had a caretaker? Why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members