Brooke Bennett, 12 years old Randolph VT #22

Another year has gone by and the weather is exactly what it was when the search was on for you. So hot, hazy and humid. You would be coming up on your 22nd birthday yet it seems like this happened yesterday.
I truly hope that your family thinks about you often (in particular Auntie Denise :mad:) and the danger that you were put in by bringing a sexual molester into your life and knowing full well all about him and they did. You just can not keep a secret such as getting your own sister pregnant.
One of the saddest stories I have ever come across and it should have never happened, I can only hope that your perverted uncle by marriage is paying for this everyday in prison and also the people that put your innocent life in danger.

Wow Bodhi I never saw this. I just put his name into here and all that came up were sports books that he wrote so it looks like he never went through with it unless I am missing something or he is still writing it.
What I will never, never get over is they knew, they knew he knocked up his sister, they knew he was a sick man. It was no secret amongst the locals and had been going on for years. Then Denise goes and marries the pervert (and she was very well aware of his past) and puts not only her daughter in obvious danger but also Brooke who paid the price. And then proceeds to have another daughter with this pervert.
UGH it gets me so riled up still and most likely always will. This could have been prevented by adults that were supposed to protect her. Brooke's father Jim was even questioning it.

Every now and then I check here to see if there is any talk on Jacques. I am not always good at getting search results and when I put his name in all that comes up is the crime and nothing on where he is now. Certainly alive because nothing is saying he was killed in prison. Last I heard I thought he was incarcerated in AZ. and I can only hope he is mauled by Bubba on a daily basis.
And the family members have nightmares regularly that put Brooke in the situation that ended her innocent life.

Seems like forever ago sweet child. You brought me to Websleuths and I will never forget you!

Oh wow. When I saw this thread bumped, a bunch of forgotten memories came back...I was in elementary school in Vermont when Brooke was murdered, and I remembered hearing about it in school. On the heels of Brooke's murder, in the fall when school was back in session, us kids had some sort of safety meeting about being safe, how to report sexual abuse, etc. and Brooke was briefly mentioned. I had forgotten. RIP Brooke.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks
Back