Identified! VA - Annandale, WhtFem 245UFVA, ~60, 'NO CODE, DNR, No Penicillin', Dec'96

Status
Not open for further replies.
ffx+1996+suicide.jpg

Fairfax County Police

Composite sketch of Annandale Jane Doe. Unidentified since her death 22 years ago.

Wow -- another Christmas come and gone and we are no closer to knowing who this lady is. I imagine she must have felt done -- nothing or no one to live for -- I don't know -- but trying to uncover her identity might be our way of saying that yes, she mattered and her life mattered. And I have to believe that there is someone else out there who feels the same way.

Can we bump this again? Is this still of any interest to anyone or have we just ... let it go.

I'm pretty sure it's already been discussed back in 2014, and possibly to DEATH, but I wonder if that little girl who died on 18 December 1989 called Brandi Rae Ballard may have some sort of connection to this woman. I'm not sure about vicinity to body but according to find a grave's site, this child is buried in that cemetery.

https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/123308446/brandi-rae-ballard

I'm not sure how she passed, she was 9 years old though. The tree holds meaning in my mind because well... let's be honest, December 18th, is very close to Christmas time. As someone who struggles with that 3 days prior to the holiday birthday, it's reasonable to think she either took the tree from a different spot in the cemetery, or she brought it herself to commemorate something upon her death.

I also have a weird wild theory regarding the connection to her having been abducted as a child and just living a life that wasn't ... happy because of this. We all know where I'm going I am sure, to me... the photographs of the PM, and the sketches look similar enough to Marjorie West. It's possible that she was abducted and sold. Possibly abused throughout her life, maybe she had a child, or children from a captor, perhaps she went by Jane Doe because she never really knew WHO she was. Perhaps that area held some sort of meaning, maybe it didn't. Maybe it reminded her of a memory from where she was abducted in PA if it is in fact her.

The Big Unsolved Mystery of Little Marjorie West

It's also entirely possible that she is just a random human who has a scar from a hysterectomy (I read the autopsy performed found that this was done but I'm not sure)

I'm starting to think that perhaps we will never know who she is. Like so many other UJD's... the longer it's unsolved the more resources and possible family/friends die off. My only hope remains that with these newer tactics of DNA location (such as geneology sites) that have started to become more prevalent may assist in these types of cases; given that there is enough non degraded DNA left to test.

Anyone have any further theories? updates? anyone know???

Can't seem to find a Rule out page.

Carole Dianne Roy
Missing from Ottawa CA--From Quebec
43 yrs old when missing-approximately 5'5", 150-175 lbs, short graying brown hair, brown eyes, wearing prescription glasses, partially paralyzed left arm, bilingual with a French accent.
Reported missing on May 23, 2012 but investigators say the last confirmed sighting was on Oct. 11, 1996.
Looks like her glasses are broken in this photo-possible replaced since photo was taken. Looks like she combed her hair forward to cover balding? No date on photo. Found some photos of her when younger. Can't make out the jewelry she was wearing in them but she one photo showed her wearing a ring and earrings. She went by a couple of other names as well--aliases Carole Lalonde and Dianne Davis.

carole_roy___Super_Portrait.jpg

OPP offers $50,000 reward for information on Beckwith woman missing since 1996
Roy, Carole Dianne Carolle - Canadian Crime-opedia

Anne Blanche “Frady” Ferguson, who was 57 years of age at the time of her disappearance, was last seen wearing blue jeans, a purple shirt and a brown coat. She is a Caucasian female standing around 5 foot 4 inches tall with green/hazel eyes and brownish-gray hair. 130-140 lbs
Missing since Jan 1996 from TN-Was on medication
Can't make out the jewelry she is wearing-Looks like clip ons. She has false teeth-Not sure if that rules her out.

Ferguson.jpg

White County man continues search for his missing mother

Anne Blanche “Frady” Ferguson, who was 57 years of age at the time of her disappearance, was last seen wearing blue jeans, a purple shirt and a brown coat. She is a Caucasian female standing around 5 foot 4 inches tall with green/hazel eyes and brownish-gray hair. 130-140 lbs
Missing since Jan 1996 from TN-Was on medication
Can't make out the jewelry she is wearing-Looks like clip ons. She has false teeth-Not sure if that rules her out.

Ferguson.jpg

White County man continues search for his missing mother

I think I read that somewhere she was ruled out already

Thanks Mockturtle. NamUs has over 600 rule outs and she is not on the list there. Anne is also not listed in NamUs. Do you know where I can find that she was ruled out so I can add her to my list.

Carole Dianne Roy
Missing from Ottawa CA--From Quebec
43 yrs old when missing-approximately 5'5", 150-175 lbs, short graying brown hair, brown eyes, wearing prescription glasses, partially paralyzed left arm, bilingual with a French accent.
Reported missing on May 23, 2012 but investigators say the last confirmed sighting was on Oct. 11, 1996.
Looks like her glasses are broken in this photo-possible replaced since photo was taken. Looks like she combed her hair forward to cover balding? No date on photo. Found some photos of her when younger. Can't make out the jewelry she was wearing in them but she one photo showed her wearing a ring and earrings. She went by a couple of other names as well--aliases Carole Lalonde and Dianne Davis.

carole_roy___Super_Portrait.jpg

OPP offers $50,000 reward for information on Beckwith woman missing since 1996
Roy, Carole Dianne Carolle - Canadian Crime-opedia

Interesting find Classito. A lot of different "looks". They think she was a victim of domestic violence, but you never know.

Can we bump this again? Is this still of any interest to anyone or have we just ... let it go.

I'm pretty sure it's already been discussed back in 2014, and possibly to DEATH, but I wonder if that little girl who died on 18 December 1989 called Brandi Rae Ballard may have some sort of connection to this woman. I'm not sure about vicinity to body but according to find a grave's site, this child is buried in that cemetery.

https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/123308446/brandi-rae-ballard

I'm not sure how she passed, she was 9 years old though. The tree holds meaning in my mind because well... let's be honest, December 18th, is very close to Christmas time. As someone who struggles with that 3 days prior to the holiday birthday, it's reasonable to think she either took the tree from a different spot in the cemetery, or she brought it herself to commemorate something upon her death.

I also have a weird wild theory regarding the connection to her having been abducted as a child and just living a life that wasn't ... happy because of this. We all know where I'm going I am sure, to me... the photographs of the PM, and the sketches look similar enough to Marjorie West. It's possible that she was abducted and sold. Possibly abused throughout her life, maybe she had a child, or children from a captor, perhaps she went by Jane Doe because she never really knew WHO she was. Perhaps that area held some sort of meaning, maybe it didn't. Maybe it reminded her of a memory from where she was abducted in PA if it is in fact her.

The Big Unsolved Mystery of Little Marjorie West

It's also entirely possible that she is just a random human who has a scar from a hysterectomy (I read the autopsy performed found that this was done but I'm not sure)

I'm starting to think that perhaps we will never know who she is. Like so many other UJD's... the longer it's unsolved the more resources and possible family/friends die off. My only hope remains that with these newer tactics of DNA location (such as geneology sites) that have started to become more prevalent may assist in these types of cases; given that there is enough non degraded DNA left to test.

Anyone have any further theories? updates? anyone know???

Can't seem to find a Rule out page.

IIRR she was not found near a particular grave and I believe (from memory, because I googled for that a long time ago) that mostly people from the black community were laid to rest there. I don't mean there couldn't be a relation because of that.

She can be anyone. I currently follow a case at City-Data where the son is looking for his mother who I've suggested this Jane Doe to him. She left the family when the son was little. We can find nothing on her after the 50's. Someone said she died in a car accident in the 60s in NYC. The son has tried finding records with various medical examiners but nothing. I told him at some point he may have to report her as missing.

Last seen alive: December 19, 1996

Circumstances: Left home in a taxi after getting in an argument with her mother on 06/16/1990.Family has had no contact with her since 06/16/1990. Law enforcement in Lincoln,NE had contact with her on 12/19/1996. No contact with her since 12/19/1996 by anyone
First Name: Shirley Leona
Middle Name: Leona
Last Name: Sprang
Details
Age When Last Known Alive: 60
Race: White
Ethnicity: Other
Sex: Female
Height: 60.0 to
Weight: 120.0 to
State: Wisconsin
Zip: 54241
County: Manitowoc
Appearance
Hair: Blond/Strawberry
Eye: Blue
Other Distinctive: May have scarring on both arms from psoriasis

NAT_14199_1.jpg

I did not see Sprang on the rule out list
3230DFWI - Shirley Leona Sprang

Last seen alive: December 19, 1996

Circumstances: Left home in a taxi after getting in an argument with her mother on 06/16/1990.Family has had no contact with her since 06/16/1990. Law enforcement in Lincoln,NE had contact with her on 12/19/1996. No contact with her since 12/19/1996 by anyone
First Name: Shirley Leona
Middle Name: Leona
Last Name: Sprang
Details
Age When Last Known Alive: 60
Race: White
Ethnicity: Other
Sex: Female
Height: 60.0 to
Weight: 120.0 to
State: Wisconsin
Zip: 54241
County: Manitowoc
Appearance
Hair: Blond/Strawberry
Eye: Blue
Other Distinctive: May have scarring on both arms from psoriasis

NAT_14199_1.jpg

I did not see Sprang on the rule out list
3230DFWI - Shirley Leona Sprang

I always thought she could be this Jane Doe, too. What if LE just mixed up the contact date? But then again not an 8- inch abdomen scar (probably from C-section) mentioned for Shirley, Jane Doe didn't have scars on her arms as far as we know and, unless this was a long distance call, the distance is off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melissawilkinson44