Canada - Barry, 75, & Honey Sherman, 70, found dead, Toronto, 15 Dec 2017 #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who could have murdered billionaire Barry Sherman and wife Honey, two of Canada’s leading philanthropists? – Part 1: the brand-name drug companies

Very detailed story about Barry, litigation, enemies, etc. I don’t recall this ever having been posted previously.
Interestingly, the writers spend a lot of time detailing Barry’s dispute with dr Morton Shulman, the former chief coroner of Ontario. Dr. Shulman developed Parkinson’s disease, and he developed a number of generic medicines that Barry evidently wanted for apotex, and the men feuded bitterly for many years. Shulman and his associat d claimed Barry tried to ruin them financially. The guy running dr Shulmans drug business was dr Martin Barkin. Isn’t that the dr that adopted KW and his siblings? At least it’s the same last name as I recall, maybe KW can comment. Strange how all,these connections seeming to emerge.

In any event, the article is a good summary, and contains lots of detailed info.

Yes, Dr. Martin Barkin, who Shulman hired in 1992 to run his company (Deprenyl Research) is Kerry's adoptive father. He later changed the company name to Draxis health Inc. I wonder what Kerry thought while that battle was raging between his adoptive father and his surrogate father?

Remembering Dr. Martin Barkin

Yes, Dr. Martin Barkin, who Shulman hired in 1992 to run his company (Deprenyl Research) is Kerry's adoptive father. He later changed the company name to Draxis health Inc. I wonder what Kerry thought while that battle was raging between his adoptive father and his surrogate father?

Remembering Dr. Martin Barkin
Can we really call BS a surrogate father to the 4 offspring of Louis and Beverley considering they were adopted into Barkin's family around age 4 and weren't reintroduced to their cousin Barry, until they were well into adulthood, around 27 years old, in 1988?

Strange coincidence though, to find that even the orphans' adoptive father went on to become embattled with BS about 4 years after BS had been reintroduced to the, by-then, 'men'.

Makes me wonder if Dr. Barkin took on his new role as possibly lashback for Barry helping Barkin's adoptive kids? If Barkin had perhaps experienced a lot of heartache and grief in raising the kids, at least some of them, in their teenage years, he may not have been super impressed by someone dishing out all kinds of money and moral support on them later on?

Two of Lou’s other sons had their own problems. Jeffrey was diagnosed as bipolar and was in and out of treatment. And Dana, like Kerry, got into drugs. One night in 1988, while eating at Bemelmans on Bloor, Dana bumped into a man named Stan Garden, who struck up a conversation. It happened that Garden had greatly admired Dana’s mother, Beverley (“beautiful, like Lana Turner”). At her deathbed, she asked Garden to keep an eye on the boys, but he’d lost touch. Now he could make amends. He got Barry’s number from someone he knew and phoned him. He told him about Dana’s situation and was invited to bring him to the Apotex office the following Saturday.

Until then, Barry knew nothing of the cousins’ struggles. Now he became involved in the lives of Dana, Jeff and Kerry, providing money and moral support.

How Barry Sherman built his multibillion-dollar fortune

RSBM
I won’t defend myself again here. I will state this for the record:
* Nobody will collect the 10 million.
* The multiple murderers who targeted Barry and Honey won’t be arrested.
* Barry killed Honey then hung hinself.

Oh, l didn’t do it!
bbm

Didn't do what? 'Suicide' Barry, or commit double murder? I don't understand the need to deny something that you and TPS know Barry did.

bbm

Didn't do what? 'Suicide' Barry, or commit double murder? I don't understand the need to deny something that you and TPS know Barry did.

And I also don’t understand, as Kerry claims he didn’t do it, why not the third option of m/m - that somebody else did it?

Not so, as we have been told - as KW didn’t do it, then it was m/s.

Kerry wrote these posts several months back but I also don’t understand, if he thinks he knows the identity of “the helper”, why isn’t this same person a logical double murder suspect? Really, who in their right mind would get called over to somebody’s house, observe a dead wife murdered by the husband, then willingly assist the husband in staging a double suicide, bodies posed together hanging by belts from a pool railing knowing the wife’s body evidenced signs of violence.

Kerry Winter - Post #407 - June 27/18
Barry may have lost it and hit Honey...not meaning to kill her. After he killed her, there was a few hours to think quick/straight and set up the scene of a double suicide....l believe l know who helped Barry orchestrate the diversion from murder suicide to double suicide.

Kerry Winter - Post #445 - June 30/18
I’m strongly suggesting a theory which l believe that something happened in the hours between Honey and Barry’s deaths.
I also have reason to believe that there was a “clean up/staging” and my cousin didn’t act alone.
I don’t know who helped....but, have a VERY good idea.
Know this: Honey was dead and moved to the pool.
Canada - Barry, 75, & Honey Sherman, 70, found dead, Toronto, 15 Dec 2017 #8

Can we really call BS a surrogate father to the 4 offspring of Louis and Beverley considering they were adopted into Barkin's family around age 4 and weren't reintroduced to their cousin Barry, until they were well into adulthood, around 27 years old, in 1988?

In Kerry's own words:
Kerry Winter admits that for many years Sherman was “like a surrogate dad and I was like an adopted son.”

I sense Kerry was the only sibling to feel this close to BS. Another brother referred to him as "Bank Sherman". I believe Kerry when he expresses how hurt he was by what he felt was BS's betrayal. I suspect his siblings were more angry than hurt. It is a sad story--loses his father at a young age, moves out of his adoptive father's home at 15, and is emotionally cut off by a man who seemed to care and guided him as a young adult. Without genuine feelings of initial hurt at the perceived "betrayal", I don't think his hatred of BS and wish for revenge would be so deep. JMO

In Kerry's own words:
Kerry Winter admits that for many years Sherman was “like a surrogate dad and I was like an adopted son.”

I sense Kerry was the only sibling to feel this close to BS. Another brother referred to him as "Bank Sherman". I believe Kerry when he expresses how hurt he was by what he felt was BS's betrayal. I suspect his siblings were more angry than hurt. It is a sad story--loses his father at a young age, moves out of his adoptive father's home at 15, and is emotionally cut off by a man who seemed to care and guided him as a young adult. Without genuine feelings of initial hurt at the perceived "betrayal", I don't think his hatred of BS and wish for revenge would be so deep. JMO

How was Kerry betrayed by Barry Sherman? That’s never been made clear I don’t think.

It appears Kerry was accepting money from Barry who believed he was helping Kerry establish his home renovation business but that wasn’t happening because Kerry was “messed up”. Either Barry was a good influence in Kerry’s earlier adult life or he was not, but it can’t be both ways. Kerry has stated on MSM that he’s been clean and sober for the past six years which would put that having finally occurred at about the age of 50.

I think many of us have learned the hard way - nobody can help someone else get their act together unless they’re actively willing to help themselves.

Last edited:
In Kerry's own words:

At age 27? A lot of people have one or two kids by that age. He is not a 13 year old.

I wish I could interview the (new house) architect Barry & Honey met with that afternoon.

If they were arguing and feuding and disagreeing , it opens the door to possible M/S

If they were happy and exited and harmonious , less likely so.

If they were feuding during the meeting it would be difficult for the architect to say so publicly ... after all , these are wealthy , respected , high-end clients and possibly even friends. Thus the silence

If it had been a happy and harmonious meeting I would expect the architect would have come forward and said so in order to help the family and to help remove the stain of M/S

And CERTAINLY Greenspan would have jumped all over it during his media spin speeches

But we know he did not.

I told Geraldine Sherman, (not related), when she was writing “Inside the Billion Dollar Famiky Feud” for Toronto Life back in 2007: “ If Barry hadn’t become an entrepreneurial billionaire running my father’s businesses ....he would have been a serial killer”.

BINGO !!!!! ...... Right from the beginning I have said to myself that Barry has all the attributes of a psychopath.

Psychiatrists tell us that only a few psychopaths become serial killer's , the rest often become businessmen and do very well (become rich) because they have absolutely no concern who they use or abuse ... they simply dont care ...... they have no empathy , no conscience and do not even understand the word guilt or remorse.

Set aside all Barry's "friends" and the beneficiaries of his wealth and connections and you will find very few people have anything good to say about him. I read a portion of the book (from a few years ago) exposing the dark side of the pharmaceutical industry and a highly placed person in that profession made the comment that "Barry had absolutely no redeeming qualities about him whatsoever"

I wish I could interview the (new house) architect Barry & Honey met with that afternoon.

If they were arguing and feuding and disagreeing , it opens the door to possible M/S

If they were happy and exited and harmonious , less likely so.

If they were feuding during the meeting it would be difficult for the architect to say so publicly ... after all , these are wealthy , respected , high-end clients and possibly even friends. Thus the silence

If it had been a happy and harmonious meeting I would expect the architect would have come forward and said so in order to help the family and to help remove the stain of M/S

And CERTAINLY Greenspan would have jumped all over it during his media spin speeches

But we know he did not.

Not that chatting with the architects wouldn't be interesting but I'd rather interview the killers.

I've gone in circles in this case.

I'm equally as likely to believe Barry murdered Honey, along with them being murdered.

There seem to be many motives either way.

After reviewing 2TB of video footage, combined with the 2nd autopsy results, the TPS definitively decided that the evidence shows they were both targeted and murdered.

I do not believe the TPS would state that lightly - $ / high powered friends or not. In fact, it would have been easier to stick with the murder/suicide angle, as there would be alot less pressure and alot less to prove.

I have to go with LE here in this case, after all the speculation, theories and personal statements - thank-you, Kerry.

I do hope justice is served in this case. Nobody deserves an ending like that.

No matter how many may have read this, I would love to see who the author of this piece was. And I would love to see the lawsuit this statement was based on. Wealthy people are targets for fraudulent and frivolous lawsuits, and as someone else mentioned, if one settles on one case, it promotes that type of behavior. Again, people seem to expect that just because of his vast wealth, he should just be happy to make nuisances go away by throwing a few hundred thousand at them. And then they call him 'cheap' if he chooses instead to see it to the end in our courts. Pretty sick, imo.
The author of the article was a guy that wrote a book on Big Pharma. I found the link in the RFD forum.

Some people support the M/S theory based on no arrests to date. However I and some other sleuthers believe the TPS may know who did it, and are still collecting more evidence before laying charges.
Wrong.

TPS never said it was M/S. The media is responsible for THAT rumour.
When there was nothing coming from TPS, they still had to sell papers.
Okay, if you honestly believe that, this discussion is going nowhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member