CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #20 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I may well be the only one, but WHY, why, why did he want her dead so badly? Why? She may have annoyed him about the "after we get married, we will...." or she may have been a bit giddy about discussing the wedding or honeymoon, etc., etc. But what was it that set him so against her? Okay, if he had stopped loving her; okay if he realized he never really loved her; okay if he had found someone else; okay if he didn't like her family -- it happens. Just break it off and deal with the rest of it WRT the baby.
Or did they just have a horrible argument, fight, and he struck her/beat her so badly that she couldn't or didn't survive? And The Body -- he knew the area around him fairly well, I would imagine -- is her body on his property -- did he burn he body so that it will never be found?

If he was truly looking for a murderer-for-hire, I guess that rules out the sudden fight with her dead or nearly so.
He couldn't just tell her it was over and deal with their future the next day or week or month?
Damm. This is one big mess.

I am really interested in PF's school performance.

With CW, I felt strongly that he was smart intellectually and that his only weakness was in social area, but he adjusted well.

With PF, not so sure. Not a single teacher has stepped forward. Makes one wonder.

I am beginning to ponder if PF was not that smart academically and stayed with the mother because of some weakness on the job market. He had girlfriends, I know, but one wonders if his mom gave up hope of raising his grandchild? Or if Patrick was only too aware of his limitations?

And that Baby K was not only the attachment figure, but she was also special because she showed none of Patrick's weaknesses? In other words, she was the "irreplaceable" child?

CBI, other agencies search Kelsey Berreth’s home a 2nd time

Carol McKinley on Twitter
Du6fdn1UUAAxWVw.jpg

James Dougherty on Twitter
Du6WMysX4AATDLN.jpg
Thanks PM, this second search came right after PF was dumping stuff at WM. Surely there was something recovered as a result of that dump <as crazy as it sounds that PF would risk it?!> that led them back to Kelsey's townhome. Wasn't there loud banging and a tall ladder brought in as well? Oh, I just can't think of the gruesome details, but poor Kelsey.

I've not found any "supporting documentation" either, but I believe custody IS what caused all of this. What I have read is accounts that assert PF took Baby K along to some of his jobs. There was a photo of him holding her at a rodeo. Some fathers absolutely love their children fiercely. Maybe fiercely enough to kill to gain sole custody. Some do not consider it being "saddled". It also appears Mama F was very involved in Baby K's care. Possibly the thought of the baby being taken hundreds of miles from them was too much for him to bear. I am in no way justifying what he did btw. Just explaining why I think he did what he did. JMO

I totally get you, tysm. I don’t find baby K being at a rodeo odd. Every cowboy I’ve ever known can’t wait to get their kid in the saddle.
I just can’t find proof he is a destitute cowboy desperately wanting custody of a baby to appease his elderly mom.
I also don’t find it unusual, that he lives with his mom.
She likely needs the help with the farm. So, it’s a win win for all, IMO

Was his brother in court? Anyone? I only got a glimpse of his mother, sitting alone. How horrible. I’m sure, as we always see, she “knows” LE has it all wrong.

During Kelsey's move to be closer to PF, she wasn't pregnant, probably still 'in love' with PF.
Over time, she realized PF was mamma's boy, not a 'good catch', and perhaps Kelsey had plans now, with her daughter, to move on.
PF had other thoughts, and acted on them, having plans in action for quite sometime.
He wanted the child, as loved by himself and his mother.
MOO.

If only criminals thought things through......
See I think they think they do. They don't see it from our point of view after the fact. (Although I believe the vast majority, if not 100% of us in here would KNOW we couldn't execute a cover-up) I believe both CW & PF thought they had committed the perfect crime & covered it up flawlessly.

It could be that they are DNA testing something found at her house that came from the hired murderer. Could be as small as a hair follicle. If they can place him at the scene where he shouldn’t have been, along with the solicitation evidence they have it will tighten the noose. He likely has prior convictions and has DNA in the system? Or they took DNA from a family member to help match the evidence to this suspect.. Maybe he is in hiding and they are looking for him, and LE is protecting other witnesses connected to him that may have ratted him out?

Like you, I'm not seeing this murder based on custody. I don't know what it is, but I just don't see him doing it for love of a child.
I made a comment similar to this in the last thread and someone ( don’t remember who ) asked if I really thought he doesn’t love his mom or the baby , before I was able to answer. I really don’t believe he has the ability to love anyone or anything. He just seems very cold. If it doesn’t benefit him or suit his agenda, he’s not interested.
I keep seeing mention of narcissism and sociopath, maybe those things can explain it. MOO

I am really interested in PF's school performance.

With CW, I felt strongly that he was smart intellectually and that his only weakness was in social area, but he adjusted well.

With PF, not so sure. Not a single teacher has stepped forward. Makes one wonder.

I am beginning to ponder if PF was not that smart academically and stayed with the mother because of some weakness on the job market. He had girlfriends, I know, but one wonders if his mom gave up hope of raising his grandchild? Or if Patrick was only too aware of his limitations?

And that Baby K was not only the attachment figure, but she was also special because she showed none of Patrick's weaknesses? In other words, she was the "irreplaceable" child?

Idk. Maybe because baby K is a girl? P has no sister, correct?
I’d like to know what a horse owner in the area pays for farrier work & wait time, etc. as I mentioned last night, for me, it’s like a hair salon appointment. Pay & rebook for 6 weeks out. I just don’t buy into the “broke theory”.

Like you, I'm not seeing this murder based on custody. I don't know what it is, but I just don't see him doing it for love of a child.
I agree, I’m curious if anything will come out at trial about if Kaylee was planned or not. We have heard from KB’s cousin that KB was excited about the baby, I’m curious if PF was?

So this is probably why they are putting the two theories forward. With the solicitation charges they must have some good evidence and that would support First Degree Murder ( along with evidence of murder tied to him obviously). But if they have information that this was set up as an attempted robbery but don't have all the pieces to support it yet, they would have to file First Degree Murder on its on to protect the case. Maybe they will be able to put all the pieces together for Felony murder, or maybe it will be a bit weaker and they will stick with First Degree Murder. Or can they put both charges at trial and have a jury rule on both? It seems to me you can convict on Felony Murder and it would still be First Degree Murder or you can convict on First Degree Murder but not have enough evidence to convict on Felony murder. But I'm not a lawyer.

Felony murder is another form of murder 1. The logic behind it is that even though you may not have intended to kill someone (not in this case; for example, a gas station robbery that led to a shooting), your underlying crime was SO inherently dangerous, that the natural consequence of it includes someone being killed, and for that you should pay.

They can get him on either potentially.

Idk. Maybe because baby K is a girl? P has no sister, correct?
I’d like to know what a horse owner in the area pays for farrier work & wait time, etc. as I mentioned last night, for me, it’s like a hair salon appointment. Pay & rebook for 6 weeks out. I just don’t buy into the “broke theory”.

He has a sister.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member