Australia Australia - Jayden Penno-Tompsett, 22, Charter Towers, Qld, 31 Dec 2017

Hi All.

Quick question. Does anyone have the dob for the friend who was travelling with Jayden when he disappeared?

The behaviour of the so-called mate leaving Jayden in the middle of nowhere and then driving off hundreds of kilometres seems highly suspicious. His lack of memory as to where they actually left Jayden is also highly suspicious. I fear we will never know what really happened to Jayden unless his body is located.

The behaviour of the so-called mate leaving Jayden in the middle of nowhere and then driving off hundreds of kilometres seems highly suspicious. His lack of memory as to where they actually left Jayden is also highly suspicious. I fear we will never know what really happened to Jayden unless his body is located.
This might be one of those occasions where we need to have an inquest without a body.

More than a year and a half has passed since his son was last seen in far north Queensland.

And Jayden Penno-Tompsett's dad says life has gotten no easier without any answers as to how or why the 22-year-old vanished about 130km from Townsville.

Mr Tompsett said he had not been made aware of any progress in the search for his son, who still looms large in his life.

"Say we found out he passed, it's not going to make it any easier but you've got something to go and cry about. It's just sad, it's really sad.

Missing Persons Week: No sign Jayden Penno-Tompsett

The podcasters trying to deliver closure for families of the missing

Combining their expertise to cast light on a mysterious cold case, a group of Wagga podcast creators are determined to discover the answers.

Actor and video producer Adam Drummond, investigative journalist Dan Johns and TV and film editor Matt Olsen are all based in the NSW Riverina city of Wagga. And they all are determined to find out what happened missing people across the nation.

The first case in The Missing Files is Jayden Penno-Tompsett who was on a road trip from Newcastle to Cairns on New Year's Eve in 2017 when he reportedly ran into bushland at Charters Towers after an argument with a travelling partner and was never seen again.

The Missing Files Podcast speaks with Jayden's family, some of his closest mates and seasoned police officers in a bid to uncover new leads in the probe

The podcasters trying to deliver closure for families of the missing

Combining their expertise to cast light on a mysterious cold case, a group of Wagga podcast creators are determined to discover the answers.

Actor and video producer Adam Drummond, investigative journalist Dan Johns and TV and film editor Matt Olsen are all based in the NSW Riverina city of Wagga. And they all are determined to find out what happened missing people across the nation.

The first case in The Missing Files is Jayden Penno-Tompsett who was on a road trip from Newcastle to Cairns on New Year's Eve in 2017 when he reportedly ran into bushland at Charters Towers after an argument with a travelling partner and was never seen again.

The Missing Files Podcast speaks with Jayden's family, some of his closest mates and seasoned police officers in a bid to uncover new leads in the probe

Thanks, Tootsie.

Really want to hear the one about Jayden. Something very suss about that journey that Jayden took. I am sure his friend knows much, much more than he has ever said.

Part 1 (of Jayden's story) is already up. Here's the link.

The Missing Files

I see that Jayden's mum has eased up on her opinion of what the police have done to find Jayden now that she has read the police report.

Such a mystery as to what has happened to him. I don't know what to think after reading that article.
Sorry I still don't buy this story at all. Lots of missing drugs and a missing person. I think the mate took the drugs and disposed of Jayden while the were both high on Ice. Why did he not report Jayden missing after he walked into the bush? This story is BS but there is no evidence and no body.

Last edited:
Inquest rules Jayden's death not foul play

Newcastle man Jayden Penno-Tompsett most likely died from exposure to the elements after wandering off into bushland near Charters Towers, a Cairns-based coroner has found.

Northern coroner Nerida Wilson ruled out foul play in the disappearance of Mr Penno-Tompsett on December 31, 2017.

Jays mother has uploaded the Charters towers puma servo CCTV footage that was made available to her (for some reason, some footage has been withheld/cut/deleted) But what is there is incredibly interesting.
Also although Jay didn’t know anyone there, and it was a mystery why they went to CT on their way to Cairns, Luke Tattersall did allegedly have connections to the town.
There was also a fire that was attended by fire trucks not far from the puma servo that could have been related to them in some way, but apparently there’s no records of the blaze?
There’s a page and a group dedicated to Jayden. Please join the Facebook group to see the footage and read Rachel’s further info. Ken Gamble (who worked in Theo’s case) is now working on the case too.

WS’s, is anyone here able to shed light on how one can look up records of fire attendance by emergency services?
In the early hours of 31/12/2017 the area shown in this photo, right next to where the guys pulled into the service station, was on fire. A local witnessed fire crews attend, and the area smouldered for days/weeks, however, there does not seem to be any record of this occurring in any official capacity.
I’ve trawled the internet searching for public records, but this site is the most comprehensive yet but I’m struggling to read the data. https://www.data.qld.gov.au/dataset/qfes-incident-data/resource/db6b7f71-57e5-4611-b57f-52bc8789ea81?truncate=30&inner_span=True
C
an anyone help?

Attachments

• E35E016D-5425-4F08-BFAB-C82746B5526A.jpeg
    E35E016D-5425-4F08-BFAB-C82746B5526A.jpeg
    177.1 KB · Views: 5
WS’s, is anyone here able to shed light on how one can look up records of fire attendance by emergency services?
In the early hours of 31/12/2017 the area shown in this photo, right next to where the guys pulled into the service station, was on fire. A local witnessed fire crews attend, and the area smouldered for days/weeks, however, there does not seem to be any record of this occurring in any official capacity.
I’ve trawled the internet searching for public records, but this site is the most comprehensive yet but I’m struggling to read the data. QFES Incident Data - QFES Incident Data 2017 - Open Data Portal | Queensland Government
C
an anyone help?

In the link you provided there is another link, right under the title of QFES Incident Data 2017.
When you open that link it takes you to an Excel spreadsheet that gives you the location, time, postcode and other details of each incident.

Perhaps you can find the info in there?

Charters Towers postcode is 4820.
The first incident listed - on the Excel spreadsheet - for 31/12/17 is at postcode 4820 (but calls the location Richmond Hill).
First alarm at 19:19:48 ... so about 7:20pm.

Last edited:
In the link you provided there is another link, right under the title of QFES Incident Data 2017.
When you open that link it takes you to an Excel spreadsheet that gives you the location, time, postcode and other details of each incident.

The first incident listed - on the Excel spreadsheet - for 31/12/17 is at postcode 4820 (but calls the location Richmond Hill).
Great, thank you! I’ll go have another look on the computer.

That site is incredibly difficult to navigate, I got some more help and we managed to find the info in the excel spreadsheet as you recommended.
It did confirm that there was a fire started in Mosman park where the Puma is on 30/12/17!
Station #310101
Incident #518921471.
Location ID 1052
Master incident ID 12077999
Master incident #QF1-17-142322
The alarm went off at 11:26pm, was allegedly “controlled” by 1:58am and “duties completed” at 2:25am on the 31/12/17.
This is still just over half an hour before they got to the the Puma service station and we’re recorded on cctv.
There’s many columns of information I can’t understand because I don’t know the codes but from what I can work out, 9 personnel and 3 police attended.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MomTuTu
Back