Canada - Barry, 75, & Honey Sherman, 70, found dead, Toronto, 15 Dec 2017 #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
One point that has always puzzled me is why there is a two hour window as to when Barry left Apotex? IIRC, it has always been stated that his last email was between 6:30 and 8:30 PM at Apotex.

Emails give the exact time one is sent. So, why this two hour window? Why not an exact time?

What did Barry do during this two hour period? Did his cell phone or office phone show no phone calls, in or out?
Yes, it is after working hours, however, I bet he had important people’s private numbers.

How far is it from Apotex to Home? Any possibility he went home, murdered Honey then went back to the office?
Stranger things have been known to happen!

Why are we given this two hour span of no account of Barry’s whereabouts? Emails are exact timing.

Snipped for space

Honey left Apotex first, before 5 p.m. Barry, founder of the generic drug giant, left in the early evening. His last known email from his Apotex account was sent between 6:30 p.m. and 8:30 p.m., sources at Apotex say.”
How the investigation into the deaths of Barry and Honey Sherman turned from murder-suicide to double homicide | The Star

BINGO !!!!! ...... Right from the beginning I have said to myself that Barry has all the attributes of a psychopath.

Psychiatrists tell us that only a few psychopaths become serial killer's , the rest often become businessmen and do very well (become rich) because they have absolutely no concern who they use or abuse ... they simply dont care ...... they have no empathy , no conscience and do not even understand the word guilt or remorse.

Set aside all Barry's "friends" and the beneficiaries of his wealth and connections and you will find very few people have anything good to say about him. I read a portion of the book (from a few years ago) exposing the dark side of the pharmaceutical industry and a highly placed person in that profession made the comment that "Barry had absolutely no redeeming qualities about him whatsoever"
DR. Morton Shulman.

DR. Morton Shulman.

The Shulman File? That’s hardly a professional diagnosis.

“After leaving politics, he (Shulman) started a broadcasting career, most notably from 1977 until 1983, he hosted a hard-hitting television talk show on CITY-TV called The Shulman File which featured confrontational interviews, sensationalist and risqué topics and outrageous opinions....”
Morton Shulman - Wikipedia

“After leaving politics, he (Shulman) started a broadcasting career, most notably from 1977 until 1983, he hosted a hard-hitting television talk show on CITY-TV called The Shulman File which featured confrontational interviews, sensationalist and risqué topics and outrageous opinions....”

Misty pls review the attachment in my post 838 re Shulman, in case you missed the connection.

APOTEX SUES DEPRENYL FOUNDER - Pharmaceutical industry news
19-07-1993
A legal wrangle is developing in Canada between the Canadian drug company Apotex and Morton Shulman, the founder of another Canadian drug company, Deprenyl Research.

Apotex is claiming that Dr Shulman, who is one of Canada's best-known family doctors, has defamed the company by issuing prescriptions to his patients that have a stamp on them telling pharmacists not to provide the patient with drugs manufactured by Apotex.

Apotex has placed documents with the Ontario Court's general division and is seeking C$1 million ($785,700) in damages, according to local reports. The company has stated that its drugs are safe and approved for sale by both the federal government and the government of Ontario

It’s very informative. Just bringing @Idlager’s post for reference:
Canada - Barry, 75, & Honey Sherman, 70, found dead, Toronto, 15 Dec 2017 #10

How did Dr. Barkin and BS get along?

Probably they didn’t when both were involved in competing businesses.

Of note, at one time Kerry’s adoptive father was also Deputy Minister of Health for the Province of Ontario, Secretary of the Premier’s Council on Health and Chair of the Deputies’ Cabinet Committee on Social Policy for the Province of Ontario.

Remembering Dr. Martin Barkin

He was diagnosed with Parkinson's disease in the early 1980s and became a pharmaceutical entrepreneur specializing in treatments for that disease.
The company Deprynyl was later taken over by adopted father Martin Barkin. Barry tried to destroy Morton.

Shulman was diagnosed with Parkinson's disease in 1983, and formed a company, Deprenyl Research Ltd. (which became Draxis Health Inc.),[9] in order to acquire Canadian rights to the anti-Parkinson's drug Deprenyl.[8]
The company was taken over by my adopted father, Martin Barkin. Barry tried to destroy Mort.

As far as I can tell Kerry has never admitted to lying. If you watch the video you will see that Kerry is quite shocked that he had failed the lie detector test. That in itself should tell you something because I don't think he's that good of an actor. At that point the guy that performed the test starts suggesting excuses to him, "maybe you embellished" and Kerry reluctantly takes the bait. Lie detector tests are not foolproof, and I very highly doubt that conducting one in the midst of a television news expose would make it any more accurate. Kerry was railroaded by the 5th Estate, plain and simple.
I took another polygraph 2 days later arranged by my attorney and “passed with flying colours”. I was emotional after the 45 minute test. The examiner turned to me and said, “why are you crying”..... l replied, “2 days ago l failed and l feared l was losing my mind”.
“How could you fail. Let me ask you something: how long was it”?
I replied, “around 4 hours”.
He said, “anyone will fail a polygraph if it’s longer than an hour. Would Iike to see the print out chart of the first hour after you were asked 6 times: did Barry Sherman ask you to arrange the murder of his wife”?

"A polygraph examination normally takes anywhere from 1 to 3 hours, although shorter or longer tests may result in a variety of circumstances. The length of an examination depends on the purpose of the examination, as well as the subject's attitude and a number of other factors. Examinations may be very short because a subject "confesses" or may be lengthy when an examiner seeks to resolve an inconsistent or inconclusive pattern of responses. The examination can be divided into at least three components: pretest interview; question procedure; and post-test interview. The actual questioning aspect of the examination, which may be repeated three or four times, lasts no longer than a few minutes for each question set (limited, in some cases, because the blood pressure cuff can be inflated for only 10 to 12 minutes without causing the subject undue discomfort). Each aspect of a polygraph test is described below in detail. Unless specifically noted, generally used polygraph procedures are described, Federal Government procedures are often different and, where important such differences are noted."

Scientific Validity of Polygraph Testing: A Research Review and Evaluation (Chapter 2)

I took another polygraph 2 days later arranged by my attorney and “passed with flying colours”. I was emotional after the 45 minute test. The examiner turned to me and said, “why are you crying”..... l replied, “2 days ago l failed and l feared l was losing my mind”.
“How could you fail. Let me ask you something: how long was it”?
I replied, “around 4 hours”.
He said, “anyone will fail a polygraph if it’s longer than an hour. Would Iike to see the print out chart of the first hour after you were asked 6 times: did Barry Sherman ask you to arrange the murder of his wife”?

Kerry, just my opinion but telling that story which you insist is the truth, you’re admitting you were willing to facilitate a murder of another innocent person over money (the basis of your relationship with Barry) and dislike (Honey). I don’t understand why you don’t perceive how your recollect is harshly incriminating against yourself, given you’ve mentioned you might be considered a suspect.

But regardless, your story does not prove Barry was physically violent much less suicidal, nor does it negate a targeted double homicide occurring 20 years later.

Only if you had been witness to a murder/suicide occurring Dec 13, 2017 might the results of any one or more polygraphs be significant.

It’s been posted here before, as I recall. But as Shulman passed away in year 2000 what connection do you think there is to the murder of Barry Sherman?

The interesting link is Dr Barkin. And how BS allegedly tried to put Shulman out of business. It paints a picture of the lengths BS would evidently go to defeat rivals, and shows how enemies were created.
It certainly is as relevant as the seemingly endless recurring postings here about whether RT should have sold Empire to Barry.

The interesting link is Dr Barkin. And how BS allegedly tried to put Shulman out of business. It paints a picture of the lengths BS would evidently go to defeat rivals, and shows how enemies were created.
It certainly is as relevant as the seemingly endless recurring postings here about whether RT should have sold Empire to Barry.

If I recall correctly, Kerry has also alleged his adoptive father was abusive and squandered his inheritance. Although two of his brothers took the Barkin name and both were also acknowledged in Barkin’s obituary, Kerry was not. So I don’t think a pharmaceutical business connection between that older generation proves much of anything, other than the now adult “orphans” approaching their senior years appear to not be united in any decades old family feud.

Kerry, just my opinion but telling that story which you insist is the truth, you’re admitting you were willing to facilitate a murder of another innocent person over money (the basis of your relationship with Barry) and dislike (Honey). I don’t understand why you don’t perceive how your recollect is harshly incriminating against yourself, given you’ve mentioned you might be considered a suspect.

But regardless, your story does not prove Barry was physically violent much less suicidal, nor does it negate a targeted double homicide occurring 20 years later.

Only if you had been witness to a murder/suicide occurring Dec 13, 2017 might the results of any one or more polygraphs be significant.
Although the murder for hire pricked everyone’s ears...the only reason l participated on The Fifth Estate was to discard the notion/belief that my cousin had a wonderful, tender loving relationship with Honey and a closely knit family. At the time of the filming, the theory was M/S. I told the producer Ronna Syed that what she was hearing from family/friends in the Jewish community that Barry adored Honey and wouldn’t harm a hair on her head was inaccurate.
I simply told her that Barry had a terrible temper, which l had witnessed several times and had a fair amount of disdain towards Honey. That she wasn’t a nice person and an unfit mother with a terrible/estranged relationship with her 3 daughters for yrs. Ronna told me she was waiting on an audio tape of Barry killing Honey. Also, a vdo tape of a man covering his face moving a cctv camera at Old Colony, who looked a LOT like Barry!!!!
Could Barry and Honey’s marriage have improved over the last 10 years. Yes....l believe very doubtful, because of people l’ve spoken to. Honey was a rough person, lacking social grace and to be perfectly frank, RUDE. Anyone and everyone knows this. She continually pushed Barry’s buttons.
*** I wasn’t 100% sure Barry killed Honey then hung himself until my 4 hour interrogation/interview/q+a with Detective Price and my coffee shop get together with Tom Klatt. They’re both very bad poker players and both confirmed what l know to be true. Both Brandon and Tom wanted to know:
1. How l knew so much.
2. The name of the retired homicide detective who spoke about the M/S.
3. And more, including the computerized alarm system which monitored all windows and doors at 50. That Honey was dead/killed somewhere else in the house.. her body moved to the basement pool and hung. She was dead 6-9 hours before Barry. Nobody came/left the house except Honey and Barry.
4. I was questioned by the TPS 5 months after Dec 15th....and NEVER questioned as a suspect! Only mission: find out what l know.
When l left 31 division at 1:00am., the last thing l said to Price as he gave me back my iPhone,”do the right thing. Go back to your original theory of murder/suicide and tell the good people of Toronto the truth”.

@Kerry Winter
About your opinion of m/s...... So after murdering his wife, somehow Barry stages a double suicide scene side by side so both of them were found to have died by the exact same cause of death, ligature neck compression.

Suicide notes are commonly proof of suicide so what do you think is the reason for him to overlook the significance of writing a suicide note to make the staging seem even more convincing, maybe even written on behalf of the two of them?

<snipped for reply>
4. I was questioned by the TPS 5 months after Dec 15th....and NEVER questioned as a suspect! Only mission: find out what l know.
When l left 31 division at 1:00am., the last thing l said to Price as he gave me back my iPhone,”do the right thing. Go back to your original theory of murder/suicide and tell the good people of Toronto the truth”.

Is it not true that you were questioned by TPS on Feb 1st, later the same evening the 5th Estate documentary aired on TV? The timing would suggest that was so LE could question you about statements you publicly made.

WARMINGTON: Sherman cousin Kerry Winter speaks with Toronto Police

True enough.

But we can't overlook how this reflects, too, on the industry as a whole.

Big Pharma, Little Pharma roaming the same jungle...

Barry made instant enemies by the very nature of his products; he undercut larger companies and sliced into their profits.

That invites serious dislike, lawsuits (and more) and necessitates a mindset of callous and cunning.

Have a hard time imagining the proverbial nice guy surviving, much less thriving, in what certainly appears to be more jungle than marketplace.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member