Deceased/Not Found AZ - Jhessye Shockley, 5, Glendale, 11 Oct 2011 - #7 *J. Hunter guilty*

Let me address a couple of points about this case that you could find if you had followed it from day 1 like many of us here did.

Yes, she was put in jail and lost custody of her children previously for abuse. During that time, our beautiful butterfly Jhessye lived a wonderful, magical, and loving life with her foster parents (who are related to her). Upon being released from jail, this "woman" (I will not call her a mother) took Jhessye from the only home environment that she had been safe in. She was likely taken for the purposes of getting additional welfare money; not out of love or respect. She was treated by this "woman" as property.

There are eye-witness accounts to Jhessye being abused yet again. There is a sibling that places her in the closet for a long period of time until she disappeared. This eye-witness account was corroborated by the evidence police found at the home and in that closet.

The woman that tells the account of taking a suitcase to a dumpster was fully checked out. They would not have spent the time, money, and effort at the dump if the evidence didn't follow the account. The evidence included evidence of decay in the woman's trunk. No, they did not find her body at the dump. That does not mean it was not there. I have watched multiple accounts of bodies sent to the dump where the police know exactly where and when it was dumped and it is still almost impossible to find. This was a small, malnourished little girl in a suitcase. It is very likely that - especially after such a long time - it would be near impossible to find her remains in a suitcase.

These children were brutalized by this monster. She deserves to be in jail because she committed a crime. No, I do not think she is capable of rehabilitation. However, that is strictly MOO. The child that testified against her will need help her entire life because of the treatment she suffered at the hands of this GUILTY person - J. Hunter. Sorry, but that is MOO and one that I hold strongly based on all of the information presented during the long trip from the time Jhessye went missing to the time that J Hunter was found guilty.

You are probably right in implying that I should have researched more before my first post. I seem to have been totally wrong about why she went to jail the first time, and although that needs to be researched more it does point strongly against her so far.

Regarding the search for the body, 30 years ago landfills were rough places to search for anything. Today a lot of records are kept in detail and it should have been possible to find the body if it were there. The more I have seen of that aspect of the case the weaker it looks, and at the very least I wish that searchers had continued until they could say either the body was there or it was not.

As for the bigger issue, no mother kills a child unless there is some extraordinary stress, and a person could also say that any person could be subject to stress that would cause them to do something even as far as that woman is accused of. If she is guilty I don't see what real benefit is arrived at by demonizing her rather than analyzing her situation. Another person in her situation is not going to be prevented from committing a similar crime, any more than she was prevented by her direct knowledge of the legal system. That's for a different forum obviously...

Just starting to research a little, I'll copy one paragraph I read from a photobucket link on the first page and not post any more on this thread unless there is good reason

"Johnson said she worries about the childrens' welfare under foster care, saying the youngest has had bad foot infections that went untreated and had somehow suffered a broken arm. She said the younger two had been in four different foster homes and that the oldest child had attempted suicide twice." I don't know if that is true or not but ... http://photobucket.com/gallery/user/crankycrankerson/media/bWVkaWFJZDo1MDU5MDE0Mw==/?ref=1

Let me address a couple of points about this case that you could find if you had followed it from day 1 like many of us here did.

Yes, she was put in jail and lost custody of her children previously for abuse. During that time, our beautiful butterfly Jhessye lived a wonderful, magical, and loving life with her foster parents (who are related to her). Upon being released from jail, this "woman" (I will not call her a mother) took Jhessye from the only home environment that she had been safe in. She was likely taken for the purposes of getting additional welfare money; not out of love or respect. She was treated by this "woman" as property.

There are eye-witness accounts to Jhessye being abused yet again. There is a sibling that places her in the closet for a long period of time until she disappeared. This eye-witness account was corroborated by the evidence police found at the home and in that closet.

The woman that tells the account of taking a suitcase to a dumpster was fully checked out. They would not have spent the time, money, and effort at the dump if the evidence didn't follow the account. The evidence included evidence of decay in the woman's trunk. No, they did not find her body at the dump. That does not mean it was not there. I have watched multiple accounts of bodies sent to the dump where the police know exactly where and when it was dumped and it is still almost impossible to find. This was a small, malnourished little girl in a suitcase. It is very likely that - especially after such a long time - it would be near impossible to find her remains in a suitcase.

These children were brutalized by this monster. She deserves to be in jail because she committed a crime. No, I do not think she is capable of rehabilitation. However, that is strictly MOO. The child that testified against her will need help her entire life because of the treatment she suffered at the hands of this GUILTY person - J. Hunter. Sorry, but that is MOO and one that I hold strongly based on all of the information presented during the long trip from the time Jhessye went missing to the time that J Hunter was found guilty.

Lest we all forget ... [video=youtube;pz1tfisC99k]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XmoRgOmh6g[/url] -and- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pz1...ily members who loved and fought for Jhessye.

I would think not. I thought they only took cases where DNA could prove innocent? She'll never win an appeal or be released IMO I just read these old threads. She's a level of evil I don't think I've seen before
#RIPJhessye

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

It looks like to me they have gotten permission to review the case. . OR I am reading the link wrong?

It has been a long, long time since I have visited this thread and I have just been listening to a podcast about this case.

I don't know if anyone has brought this up at any point but just thinking outside the box, is it possible JS wasn't in the suitcase at the time of disposal?

Was it possible that the mother had removed her by other means?

Does anyone think that she would be smart enough to have thought that through?

Just some random thoughts.

302700.jpg

Inmate 302700
Last Name First Name Middle Initial
HUNTER JERICE

Gender Height (inches) Weight Hair Color
FEMALE 68 145 BROWN

Eye Color Ethnic Origin Custody Class Admission
BROWN BLACK Medium/Low 07/22/2015
Projected Eligible Release Date
Prison Release Date Release Type
Natural Life SENTENCE EXPIRATION
Most Recent Location As of Date
Complex Unit Last Movement Status
PERRYVILLE ASPC-PV LUMLEY MDM 08/07/2020 ACTIVE

Commitment and Sentence Information 2 record(s)
Commit# Sentence Length Sentence County Court Cause# Offense Date Sentence Date Sentence Status Crime
A01 20 Y/ 0 M/ 0 D MARICOPA 2012008323001D 09/23/2011 07/17/2015 IMPOSED CHILD/ADULT ABUSE
A02 LIFE MARICOPA 2012008323001D 09/23/2011 07/17/2015 IMPOSED MURDER 1ST DEGREE

Disciplinary Infractions 3 record(s)
Violation Date Infraction Verdict Date Verdict
08/10/2016 PROMOT PRISON CONTRABAND 08/26/2016 GUILTY - Major
07/14/2016 DISOBEY VERBAL/WRITTEN ORDER 07/19/2016 GUILTY - Minor
05/20/2016 DISOBEY VERBAL/WRITTEN ORDER 05/24/2016 GUILTY - Minor
Disciplinary Appeals 1 record(s) [Info]

Appeal Date Outcome Description As of Date
08/29/2016 FINDINGS UPHELD 09/01/2016
Profile Classification 6 record(s) [Info]

Complete Date Classification Type Custody Risk Internal Risk
Active Classification Reclassification Medium Low
08/05/2020 Reclassification Close Low
06/13/2017 Reclassification Close Low
11/29/2016 Reclassification Close Low
02/03/2016 Reclassification Maximum Low
08/10/2015 Initial Classification Maximum Low
Parole Action 0 record(s)

Parole Placement 8 record(s)
Custody Date Class Type Approved Date Next Review Parole Class
06/13/2017 RE-CLASS/ADMIN. REVIEW 06/13/2017 06/13/2018 0
11/29/2016 RE-CLASS/ADMIN. REVIEW 11/29/2016 11/29/2017 0
08/26/2016 DISP. ACTION 08/26/2016 3
08/10/2015 INITIAL CL. 08/10/2015 08/09/2016
07/17/2015 ADMISSION 2
07/17/2015 PAR.CL.CHG. 1/406 Day(s)
08/29/2012 ADMISSION 2
08/29/2012 PAR.CL.CHG. 1/1052 Day(s)
Work Program 9 record(s)

Assigned Date Completed Date Work Assignment
01/04/2019 01/08/2019 PORTER-BUILDING
09/24/2018 10/22/2018 RECREATION WORKER
08/29/2018 09/24/2018 RECREATION WORKER
07/13/2018 08/29/2018 RECREATION WORKER
06/05/2018 07/13/2018 RECREATION WORKER
07/29/2016 08/05/2016 KITCHEN-COOK HELPER
06/30/2016 07/29/2016 KITCHEN-HELPER
01/08/2016 05/20/2016 PORTER-BUILDING
10/26/2015 12/03/2015 PORTER-BUILDING
Notification Requests, Detainers, and/or Warrants 1 record(s)

Detainer Date Detainer Type Charges Authority Agreement Date Cancel Date
07/22/2015 NR 2012008323 MARI CLK CRT

What happened to Jhessye Shockley? Glendale girl's body has never been found

GLENDALE, AZ (3TV/CBS 5) - The case of a 5-year-old Glendale girl who vanished and whose body was never found
continues to haunt Arizonans, nearly a decade after her disappearance.

upload_2021-6-2_9-10-22.png
JHESSYE SHOCKLEY

Missing since Oct 11, 2011

(Source: National Center for Missing & Exploited Children)
Jhessye Shockley was reported missing in October of 2011. Her remains were never found, despite an extensive search for her, including a 96-day search of a landfill. "The date October 11, 2011 will forever be embedded in my mind and heart. It has been 10 years since since that dreaded day when I got the phone call that Baby Jhessye was missing," Jhessye's cousin, Lisa Vance, told Arizona's Family. "I guess you could say it's a wound that will never heal."

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taketherisk
Back