Found Deceased UK - Jack Morrad, 28, Colors nightclub, Basildon, Essex, 23 Dec 2018

Officers searching the fishing lake in Gloucester Park, #Basildon, as part of the investigation to find Jack Morrad have suspended their search following the discovery of a man’s body.

The discovery was made shortly before 11.30am today, January 3.

The body is yet to be identified, but Mr Morrad’s family have been informed that the search has been suspended.

Formal identification will take place in due course.

Essex Police

Officers searching the fishing lake in Gloucester Park, #Basildon, as part of the investigation to find Jack Morrad have suspended their search following the discovery of a man’s body.

The discovery was made shortly before 11.30am today, January 3.

The body is yet to be identified, but Mr Morrad’s family have been informed that the search has been suspended.

Formal identification will take place in due course.

Essex Police

Ah love him. I know the body hasn’t been identified yet and it doesn’t say in the report that it is Jack, but it’s awful news.

So much more so with men it seems @Greg. How to prevent it is the impossible question. x

I know... it’s hard isn’t it. I’m not sure there is a prevention really because after a few drinks people don’t think of danger - I know I don’t. Maybe more CCTV where there is water, maybe around Christmas more volunteers are placed where there is water (I know it’s not always a Christmas thing - I don’t know I’m just thinking) and maybe just more awareness... no - how to prevent this is actually an impossible question.

My brother is 29 and every time he goes out with his friends (and he usually doesn’t get home until 5/6am) I say to him - usual rules apply - stay away from water. He thinks I’m absolutely nuts, but reading WS and knowing the actual facts of how many young men end up in water after a night out tell me I’m not.

It’s just so, so sad honestly. I feel sad that Jack’s family and friends are now without him. But like others have said on this thread this afternoon, at least Jack’s family aren’t left wondering where he is and what happened to him. They will have closure - even if it’s the worst possible outcome. I know I for one will be thinking of them all tonight.

I live by a river with decent cctv coverage - it doesn't seem to stop people going in it, all it does is solve the mystery of what happened to someone a bit quicker.

I know - I thought that, and that’s the sad thing. Awareness is my only other last chance saloon suggestion but to be honest after a drink some of us just don’t think of what’s dangerous or what we are actually doing. When you’re drunk, you’re drunk.

And yes - CCTV could help solve it quicker but it’s not really a prevention I know.

When my brother went to Bristol (full of water) a few months ago - I was like - usual rules apply - but even more so tonight!! He still texts back like yeah, yeah...

My thoughts, as I know all of ours are - are with the family and friends of Jack tonight.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle
Back