AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #31

Status
Not open for further replies.
So they called back, and it went to voice mail. If mailbox was full, they would have gotten a message saying it was full. We don't know the condition of the phone when found. Maybe damaged. Plus were assuming perps were gone. Could have been damaged between calls if they were still there. I'm sure they were and whatever was heard on the call could have been scuffling over the phone. just some musings.

not necessarily, maybe? i know when i've tried to leave voicemails before on a mailbox that was nearing its capacity it would beep for me to begin but then when i would start speaking i would get cut off...no message saying it was full. and i figured that if the phone itself was damaged, that would be the same as the phone being turned off--it would go straight to the voicemail greeting with no ringing? i just don't know enough about phones to know if something other than a full box could prevent someone from leaving a message.

In this interview they are sitting on a couch. Brother is on the end. I saw and heard it...

If the family said they think they know who did it then that would be the headline. There's no way a news outlet is going to bury a headline like that. The whole theme of all these interviews is that they don't know.

The interview is from Nov 12. If you want to go back and look at the threads around that date I'm certain someone on here would have brought up such a noteworthy revelation.

Not denagrading your post at all. When there is no information we think out of the box and everywhere for a possible scenario. I just don't think Jayme was the target, but I do think it was someone known to all of them. Carry on. Good post!

I agree with this. I don't believe Jayme was the initial or intended target, but I don't discount the possibility that she was either. We just don't know if this crime had an intended target or not, and even if it did, which person was the target. Simply because Jayme was taken or is missing does not mean she was the target. There are other possibilities that could account for this.

I just don't think we know much of anything for certain. It has been speculated that it all went down in under 10 minutes, but truthfully we don't even know that as an absolute fact. And since that is the case, there is very little that can actually be ruled out with certainty.

not necessarily, maybe? i know when i've tried to leave voicemails before on a mailbox that was nearing its capacity it would beep for me to begin but then when i would start speaking i would get cut off...no message saying it was full. and i figured that if the phone itself was damaged, that would be the same as the phone being turned off--it would go straight to the voicemail greeting with no ringing? i just don't know enough about phones to know if something other than a full box could prevent someone from leaving a message.
I just had the thought that I wouldn't go to bed either if my mailbox was full. But, that's just me.

If the family said they think they know who did it then that would be the headline. There's no way a news outlet is going to bury a headline like that. The whole theme of all these interviews is that they don't know.

The interview is from Nov 12. If you want to go back and look at the threads around that date I'm certain someone on here would have brought up such a noteworthy revelation.

We did. Quite a few of us brought it up, commented on it, and discussed it at the time.

Do you think I said the family said they knew who did it?! I did not say that!!

I agree with this. I don't believe Jayme was the initial or intended target, but I don't discount the possibility that she was either. We just don't know if this crime had an intended target or not, and even if it did, which person was the target. Simply because Jayme was taken or is missing does not mean she was the target. There are other possibilities that could account for this.

I just don't think we know much of anything for certain. It has been speculated that it all went down in under 10 minutes, but truthfully we don't even know that as an absolute fact. And since that is the case, there is very little that can actually be ruled out with certainty.

We do know that the time between the call and the arrival of LE was fewer than 10 minutes, I believe, which does narrow the time frame considerably as to what is likely to have happened after the call. But prior to the 911 call, back to Denise's call to a family member at 10:00pm?, we don't know. I gather the neighbors are not reliable as to when the shots were heard (through no fault of their own; being awakened in the middle of the night is disorienting).

But yeah, you're right. There is very little to go on.

We did. Quite a few of us brought it up, commented on it, and discussed it at the time.

I looked back and didn't see any discussion of something like that. Unless it was at a much later date it's not there

This was my sense of the electronic sniffing dogs too. That it was something LE did to cover their bases since they were coming up empty elsewhere, and that they weren't necessarily looking for something specific. More of a "we have access to this resource so we might as well see if it can help us." No harm in trying.

Same sort of deal with the mattresses IMO. They wanted to check for any DNA from non-family members that could point them toward someone they needed to talk to, or offer a potential motive.

I think both of those things were done like a week or more after the crime, which is why I lean toward the "covering their bases" angle with that and not something more specific.
Curious if they have any idea of anyone that could have been staying in the house. Maybe looking for evidence if anyone else had been sleeping there?

At one point it is said by the neighbors they heard shots and looked at the clock but went back to sleep. Then they say something about their dog acting differently around the time the cops would have been there? I thought they went back to sleep?

Respectfully, I think you might be remembering it incorrectly. During the Mollie Tibbetts case I was 100% sure that a LE said something in an interview. I found the clip after like two hours of searching and it actually said the opposite of what I thought. So, I guess I just want to point out that we all can have memory lapses when cases go on for a long time.

I looked through every interview with the family I could find. They are directly asked many times if they have a gut feeling about what happened. In every single one I've been able to find they say they don't really have a clue.

The closest I could find (link below) is one where Denise's brother is asked if he has any gut feelings about it, and he kind of laughs and says "Got quite a few gut feelings...not just one." And then her sister (I believe the same one who made the family statement at the press conference) adds "And they change from day to day, different stuff you hear."

There's an interview (link below) with James' side of the family where they are asked about what they think happened. James' brother flat out says "I have no idea". His sister says that she doesn't have a gut feeling, and her first instinct was that it was someone from work, but that the only reason she thinks that is because James spent a vast majority of his time at work.

KARE 11 on Twitter

So I guess what I'm trying to say is that if the family did ever say anything about having an idea about who did it that would be very different from what they've said in other interviews. I kind of think some people are just remembering it wrong. (Which is totally okay!!) Respectfully, that is my take.
Great example of expressing a view respectfully and using sources to support your point. I admire posts like this, bravo!

i agree we have very little to go on and certainly should only exclude possibilities based on facts or certainties.

in the scenario i'm envisioning, there are 3 victims, perhaps victims is a better term than target here. two victims were executed, one was abducted. different intentions for different victims.

Well said.

Hindsight or going back to look I often find is worthwhile. We are months in and have heard tons of theories so I have went back lately to the call log and it sometimes gives one a new view to go back after some time and discussions. As you say, it is one of the very few "official" things we have. Often one looks back at something they have not seen in awhile and it gives new thoughts.

To my knowledge, unless I missed it, we still have no for sure explanation of the MI contact early on. We seem to know now what the other couple of addresses on it were related to.

Your remark about the neighbors' dog makes me also wonder was someone on or near their property? Probably not likely but a thought... And then were picked up later, could people have scattered if there were more than one, in a hurry, after a 911 call? The neighbors' account as well does not match LE as we all know ad nauseum by now but it still is one of the things that make one go hmm. Not directed at the neighbors, more so wondering why LE from the start said their clock was wrong and now their account is said to be probably entirely likely wrong. There is no reason to disbelieve the neighbors but there also is no reason to disbelieve LE. So it remains a mystery. Theories abound, the neighbor misreading the clock, etc. but they are theories and it remains a mystery.

I gather no one has found the school contact? There was one early on in this log. It is not so much that it may be important so much as where did it go?

Grasping at straws but as you say, it is the little bit of probably actual info we have.

We also apparently have a missing part of an interview--where the brother talked about yes, he darned well did have a gut instinct...

I remember it that way too. I mentioned it some time back. I went over and over the Internet videos last night every which way but could not find it. Darn.

This was my sense of the electronic sniffing dogs too. That it was something LE did to cover their bases since they were coming up empty elsewhere, and that they weren't necessarily looking for something specific. More of a "we have access to this resource so we might as well see if it can help us." No harm in trying.

Same sort of deal with the mattresses IMO. They wanted to check for any DNA from non-family members that could point them toward someone they needed to talk to, or offer a potential motive.

I think both of those things were done like a week or more after the crime, which is why I lean toward the "covering their bases" angle with that and not something more specific.

Were you thinking the dogs were looking for electronics that belong to the Closses and any that might have been in the house unknown to the parents and/ or cameras put up by the Closses or possibly the perpetrator that might have been installed in the house to watch the Closses?

At one point it is said by the neighbors they heard shots and looked at the clock but went back to sleep. Then they say something about their dog acting differently around the time the cops would have been there? I thought they went back to sleep?

I do remember something about their dog, but to correct one point, they reported they had not been to sleep yet when they heard the two shots. moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member