AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #31

Status
Not open for further replies.
In this interview they are sitting on a couch. Brother is on the end. I saw and heard it...
I find it interesting that the family puts out the image of wholesomeness yet they seem like there is an underlying layer that suggests why someone would do this. I mean it seems like they definitely have an idea in their head wither its correct or not.

I believe this is the photo being referred to - yes, this was from that weekend's party:

Jayme_2.jpg

[Editing] to add that we've all probably been snapped on camera looking bored or disinterested when the opposite was the case, so I'm not sure how much I'm willing to read into this shot, given there are others of her smiling at the same party.
Of the dozens of images of Jayme all over the place now, she is smiling in every single one. This one is an exception. It simply looks to me that this is the one photo she wasn't aware was being taken. Nothing more.

Being a grandmother from Connecticut, what in the world is a jake brake? LOL
It’s the really loud popping you hear when a semi is slowing down. It’s using the engines compression to brake.

Edit: Which I understand doesn’t sound much like a gun or back fire, buuuuut it’s way more common than both.

Last edited:
I do appreciate your thought and time with this. However, allow me to be more specific about what I was referencing.

I believe the segment in question was from the first interview, where the family was seated on a sofa. During the exchange, the camera was primarily focused on the brother, Steven. His answer was without hesitation and what really stood out for me was his demeanor. Along with the sadness and disbelief that the whole family showed, his answer was angry and obvious. It wasn't the, "oh, there's ideas" of the second interview, it was succinct and he owned it.

I saw it. Clearly others have seen it. It existed. It does not now.
Although I did not see the actual interview, I did read about it afterwards somewhere, perhaps here. At any rate, it is very interesting that his remark was deleted. I sure hope whoever he thought might have committed this crime was taken seriously by police.

I Have a question forgive me my bluntness.

How on earth did the 911 operator receive the SOS call, listen, call back no answer, identify the owner of said mobile phone and address of the caller, Then try the landline, glean information line was disconnected and then get several LE units there in 4 minutes. How? Just pondering nothing more

Four minutes is from dispatch time, not the call.

Call received at 00:53:26. Dispatched at 00:56:01.
Arrived at 01:00:29. HTH's

http://media.graytvinc.com/documents/barron+county+call+log.pdf

I do appreciate your thought and time with this. However, allow me to be more specific about what I was referencing.

I believe the segment in question was from the first interview, where the family was seated on a sofa. During the exchange, the camera was primarily focused on the brother, Steven. His answer was without hesitation and what really stood out for me was his demeanor. Along with the sadness and disbelief that the whole family showed, his answer was angry and obvious. It wasn't the, "oh, there's ideas" of the second interview, it was succinct and he owned it.

I agree with this 100%. And IMO the other family members appeared sad and shocked and he appeared angry, MOO. It was a statement, not random musings.

I think just looking for anything. Could be:

- tablets/computers/phones owned by the Closses that were used for secret communication
- cameras set up by the Closses
- hidden cameras NOT set up by the Closses
- old tablets/computers/phones that may have contained previous communications
- hidden flashdrives (with material on them that showed some kind of illegal activity)
- just anything to help with the investigation that they may have missed

Not that I believe they had a reason to think there would be any of these, but that they were just doing it to be thorough. Just wanted anything that would give them direction.

Oh ok. I thought you meant specifically some type of device watching them in the home. Although I suppose someone could do that and would know the movements of those inside when they came to the door. They would know when it was good timing to come to the house as well. Might be a little wild imagination getting away with me here.

I find it interesting that the family puts out the image of wholesomeness yet they seem like there is an underlying layer that suggests why someone would do this. I mean it seems like they definitely have an idea in their head wither its correct or not.
I remember an interview with James's brother early on, but not since. Has he spoken out at all and I missed it? I think his observations would be interesting to hear. I agree with your post. I know there is no perfect family. I would hate for mine to be held to scrutiny.

It’s the really loud popping you hear when a semi is slowing down. It’s using the engines compression to brake.

Edit: Which I understand doesn’t sound much like a gun or back fire, buuuuut it’s way more common than both.

A few of the small towns that I frequently drive through have “No Jake Brake” signs at the town limits.

Thank you, I learned something new. I haven't been able to get the idea of this being a spur of the moment, thrill type of crime by some young men in souped up, hot rod type of cars. Young men, high on something and bored that started something that got out of hand very quickly and deadly. The red car, the girls cruising by, the reference of Denise's brother that he knew or had a gut feeling about who did this. LE may know what red car it is but can't prove who was behind the wheel. Can you imagine how hard it would be to step forward to LE if you knew what happened and still live in this town?

Agreed. It was too the point
I wasn’t that worried about rando trick driver or out of state predator ...

He sounded like I wanna tell u the 20 yr old kid visiting jayme is worthless and my brother hated him ..

Or my brother told manager about 2 employees using meth during shift... and they quit and told my brother off...

It sounded like that... this sounds like us... I’ve narrowed it down to 60/80
People...

Incidentally....gotta feel for Steve naiberg..
If I read back story correct... wife misscarries 2016..?? Then brother is shot dead 2 years later ... I don’t know about u... that’s a lot in 2 yrs to deal with....I wouldn’t even want to do interview...

I believe this is the photo being referred to - yes, this was from that weekend's party:

Jayme_2.jpg

[Editing] to add that we've all probably been snapped on camera looking bored or disinterested when the opposite was the case, so I'm not sure how much I'm willing to read into this shot, given there are others of her smiling at the same party.

Oh ok. I thought you meant specifically some type of device watching them in the home. Although I suppose someone could do that and would know the movements of those inside when they came to the door. They would know when it was good timing to come to the house as well. Might be a little wild imagination getting away with me here.

Maybe that would be why the perp would not step far into the home so that he/she/they themselves would not be seen on the camera installed in the home. Not sure if anyone would go that far.

I remember an interview with James's brother early on, but not since. Has he spoken out at all and I missed it? I think his observations would be interesting to hear. I agree with your post. I know there is no perfect family. I would hate for mine to be held to scrutiny.

There are no perfect families and no perfect teenagers, lol. My daughter had given me zero trouble and zero drama EXCEPT for her age 13 year. No real trouble but plenty of backtalk, drama, and “Well I will just go live with my dad if you don’t let me go to _________”

Fortunately she outgrew it by the time she turned 14 but that during that one year I am sure someone could have taken some pouty and/or rebellious photos.

I Have a question forgive me my bluntness.

How on earth did the 911 operator receive the SOS call, listen, call back no answer, identify the owner of said mobile phone and address of the caller, Then try the landline, glean information line was disconnected and then get several LE units there in 4 minutes. How? Just pondering nothing more

That time frame was 7 min, 3 seconds. It took about 2.5 minutes do everything up to the dispatch of the 3 BCSO units.

How? It's a 911 call center. It's what they do. They have training, procedures, and software to help them do that job.

I've worked with these people for 15+ years across the US. They generally do an excellent job under high stress.

This call was handled very well. You can find my other points by searching for them.

I can do a 911 primer if there's interest I suppose, though there are excellent explanations online already.

Are we sure this photo is from the most recent party? I didn't know that. But at any rate, I wouldn't hold much stock in one photo of a moment in time taken like that. I guess part of the reason I didn't realize is the lack of kids birthday decorations in the photo.

Agreed. It was too the point
I wasn’t that worried about rando trick driver or out of state predator ...

He sounded like I wanna tell u the 20 yr old kid visiting jayme is worthless and my brother hated him ..

Or my brother told manager about 2 employees using meth during shift... and they quit and told my brother off...

It sounded like that... this sounds like us... I’ve narrowed it down to 60/80
People...

Incidentally....gotta feel for Steve naiberg..
If I read back story correct... wife misscarries 2016..?? Then brother is shot dead 2 years later ... I don’t know about u... that’s a lot in 2 yrs to deal with....I wouldn’t even want to do interview...
I wouldn't wish dealing with this on anyone. They also lost their mother in 2016.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Witchee