The British Royal Family - news, views, clothes & shoes! #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was curious how much Queen Rania of Jordan spent on her wardrobe. I found a figure of £200k for 2017. I also found this article:

Queen Rania releases statement regarding wardrobe spending

From the article: "Sadly, the statement points out that these types of accusations are often used against leaders’ wives: “The focus on clothing and spending wives of leaders in many countries and accusing them of wastefulness – whether right or wrong – is not new and has been exploited as a historical political tool. "

I read this about Queen Rania:

UPDATE: More information has come to our attention, and we want to clarify our information on Queen Rania. Her Majesty’s clothing is NOT paid for by the Jordanian taxpayer.

The total amount “spent” by the royal ladies on clothes in 2017

I was curious how much Queen Rania of Jordan spent on her wardrobe. I found a figure of £200k for 2017. I also found this article:

Queen Rania releases statement regarding wardrobe spending

From the article: "Sadly, the statement points out that these types of accusations are often used against leaders’ wives: “The focus on clothing and spending wives of leaders in many countries and accusing them of wastefulness – whether right or wrong – is not new and has been exploited as a historical political tool. "

I agree with Queen Rania I didn’t like the article for this reason. I only shared it because of the fashion pictures of the various women. The Duchesses of Sussex’s clothing is paid for privately so she isn’t wasting tax payers money either.

I agree with Queen Rania I didn’t like the article for this reason. I only shared it because of the fashion pictures of the various women. The Duchesses of Sussex’s clothing is paid for privately so she isn’t wasting tax payers money either.

I didn't know that and see comments on articles from people complaining about it all the time. Maybe they should write to them too and get the info removed since it's fake news.

The clothing amount is ridiculous. I hope all of the items are made responsibly. If so, it supplies jobs which woukd be far more than the amount spent.

We do have too many clothes.

I heard India had airplane hangers of donated used clothing that they end up burning

human, I volunteer at a local Salvation Army and I can assure you this is true.

Meghan definitely needed new clothes, she could have hardly worn the clothing she wore in "Suits"!

As for her Sperm donor, he definitely has zero class. Poor woman, you can't pick your family, but you can choose who to spend time with. Maybe he will trip over his clogs on the way to the loo.

Apparently Mr. Markle doesn’t get it! The more he speaks out, the further he pushes Meghan away. Royal or not, what daughter or son is going to respond to a parent acting like Mr. Markle with the same tirade in the headlines?

He isn’t winning points from the public by letting us know Meghan did not send him a Christmas card. I didn’t expect her too.

The same goes for sister Samantha.

Wow seems Mr. Markle has resorted to threats now. Yep that's a great start to the possibility of ever mending the relationship!!!! WTF! What is he to tell us. Rebellious teen years, caught smoking and kissing a boy etc. etc. etc. Take up world hunger Mr. Markle as you clearly have too much time on your hands. He and Samantha make me sick!!!!

She is the Hollywood starlet who has found her greatest part as the most glamorous member of the Royal Family.

And now the Duchess of Sussex is set to take over the regal role of patron of the National Theatre from the Queen, The Mail on Sunday has learned.

According to Palace sources, Her Majesty has made the decision that Meghan should be given the coveted position as a mark of her growing confidence in the Duchess. It is understood the appointment will be announced in the next few days.

Last month, Meghan had a private meeting with Rufus Norris, the director of the National Theatre, and, according to sources, they discussed plans for her role.

Has the Queen handed Meghan Markle role as patron of the National Theatre? | Daily Mail Online

When the Duke and Duchess of Sussex welcome their first-born this spring, the baby will become one of the most famous people in the world.

But with Harry and Meghan counting down the days until the birth, speculation is mounting over whether the child will be given a HRH title.

I can reveal that the excited parents-to-be have not yet been given permission by the Queen for their children to be styled as His or Her Royal Highness.

TALK OF THE TOWN: Why Meghan and Harry's baby may be denied the title HRH | Daily Mail Online

It is going to be interesting to see if the couple want their baby to have a title or if they don’t like Princess Anne and her children.

If Meghan’s father actually cared about the rift, he would sned he a private message begging her forgiveness. Maybe saying he has dementia or whatever his problem is. He can promise that he will never ever talk about her again.

Rather, he love$ the ca$h he get$.

It amazes at the ‘threats’ Mr Markle and Samatha Markle throw out. They try everything to get Meghan and/or Royal Family to respond. No matter what the Royals do this will not stop, for the reason human mentioned....money. Money is the driving force. MOO

Will Meghan RETURN to Suits? Bosses want her back for 'one last' episode which could land her a multi-million pound donation for charity

Meghan Markle could return to TV drama Suits for 'one last' episode | Daily Mail Online

I will be surprised if this does happen.

I agree.

Suits may think if Megan said yes one time, they could get her for more episodes
IMO Megan will not go back as it would be more then a cameo and I do not think the Queen or Harry will be happy about it.

Also once here in North America, I could see daddy and step sister or other family members trying to get to Megan....a nightmare for security and all.

Besides, Megan will want to be with her expanding family.

View attachment 162937 View attachment 162938

Kate goes blue with cold! Duchess wraps up in Catherine Walker coat she last wore in Norway to protect against the bitter weather as she and William join the Queen at church in Sandringham

Kate and William join the Queen at church in Sandringham | Daily Mail Online

A question to seamstresses.....was Kate’s blue coat remade for after her pregnancy to wear? OR is it a coat that can be worn and not taken in? Kate is so slim I think it was altered....in any case, another beautiful thrifty garment Kate repeated! She looks beautiful in blues! Also shows Catherine Walker designs can be altered without losing the style!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member