GUILTY TX - Jazmine Barnes, 7, shot/killed in drive-by shooting, Houston, Dec 2018 *ARREST*

I think one of the articles mentioned they were going to get coffee? Or were they on the way to Walmart?

There’s no way I can get my two teenage nieces up at 6-6:30am on a Sunday to do anything. And her daughters are the same age, 15 and 14.

It’s scary there is a man randomly shooting people before 7am on a Sunday!!
I thought the same thing. Were they going to an 8 o'clock church service after coffee..??

I think one of the articles mentioned they were going to get coffee? Or were they on the way to Walmart?

There’s no way I can get my two teenage nieces up at 6-6:30am on a Sunday to do anything. And her daughters are the same age, 15 and 14.

As mentioned upstream, sounds like he could have possibly been on an all night meth binge, moo.

—-

Why the death of a 7-year-old black girl became a national story about race and violence

“”She said, ‘Momma, Jazmine’s not moving. She’s not talking,’” Washington told local news outlet ABC13. “I turned around and my 7-year-old was shot in the head.”

“It was not fair. It was not fair. He intentionally killed my child for no reason,” she added.“

—-

Texans' DeAndre Hopkins says he's trying to be 'a light' by donating to Jazmine Barnes family
https://www-m.cnn.com/2019/01/04/us...s-family/index.html?r=https://www.google.com/

“(CNN) — No money can make up for the loss of a child, but NFL star DeAndre Hopkins says he hopes the donation of his playoff game check to the family of Jazmine Barnes will show how much the community supports them.
The star Houston Texans receiver told CNN's Brooke Baldwin on Friday that he is not trying to get credit or "stars" for the gesture.
"Just trying to be a light, trying to help out the best way I can," he said.”

—-

“My hope is that every passing moment, that his conscience is eating away at him," Gonzalez said, asking the suspect to turn himself in.“

Snip

“"It was not fair. He intentionally killed my child for no reason," Washington, who has since gone home, told reporters. "He didn't even know her, he didn't know who she was."

Washington said she had turned the moments before the shooting over and over in her mind.

"Did I cut this man off? Did I turn in front of him? ... Did I do anything wrong to cause this man to fire shots in my car?" she said. "I didn't, I didn't do anything."

Gonzalez called the shooting "totally unprovoked."”

Search Continues For Suspect in 7-Year-Old Houston Girl's Shooting

Last edited:

In her interview the mother states that they had family coming over for breakfast that morning so she was going to a store called Joe V’s for a big value pack of coffee... (remember guys Christmas was just a few days prior, folks have family still hanging out) the shooting happened near the light in front of the Walmart. They never went to Walmart.

:( So sad what was supposed to be a family gathering turned into tragedy.

Unless they get a break (surveillance, hit on ballistics, witness info, etc), this is going to be a challenging case to solve, moo. Random shootings are very hard to solve for many reasons, moo. NOCO is an example of this.

Is it possible the family was being followed and didn't realize it?..then the driver pulls up at the light and starts shooting when the light turned green??

Nowadays anything is possible.

There seems to be no rhyme or reason why so many bad people seem to be shooting innocent people who are in moving vehicles.

All I know its scary as heck because now it seems to happen more and more often no matter what time of day it is.

I know those who come and go in this area have to be worried if he will strike again.

Recently a young aspiring model in Atlanta was shot and killed when someone shot her in the neck while she was just driving to work minding her own business.

I believe I read they believe she was caught in the crossfire when someone was shooting at someone else.

I doubt this happened in Jazmine's case though but it does show that even driving on any road can be very dangerous for totally innocent people.

Imo

I hate driving in Houston. Traffic all hours and people drive a minimum of 10-15 miles over the speed limit without blinking an eye.

Could he have followed her from home?

Guessing Joe Vs is close. Simple ride to the store?

What if he was after the husband/boyfriend/children’s father for some unknown reason?

I hope a clue is uncovered to identify the shooter.

He could be anywhere - very scary.

doesnt matter at all in the big picture, but unfortunately houston just had about the worst first quarter possible in their playoff game :( still three quarters to play tho!

i was hoping they would have a better picture of the truck or even a partial license plate by now, but as someone said recently it takes time to gather and go through all the video... there is definitely still a chance they find something *fingers crossed*

somebody must know someone that hasnt been driving their red/maroon pickup truck this week and matches the description, 100k just waiting for them...

Last edited:
Texans love trucks. Vehicle of choice for work and personal.

Texans buy so many pickup trucks that the big automakers actually make special trims, just for them.

Examples:
Ford King Ranch F-150
Ram Lone Star Edition
(Which is only available for sale in Texas)

<modsnip: referenced information was removed>

Sure wish this would get solved for the safety of others as well as justice for the family and Jazmine.
I noticed in one video the truck looks like it has black marking on rear fender. See something new each time I look at a video or picture of the truck.
Crazy to think that this guy hasn't been found yet. IMO

Last edited by a moderator:
Jazmine Barnes shooting: How a convenience store run shattered a family's life - CNN

Supporters call for justice for Jazmine as police search for girl's killer

“Lee Merritt, a Philadelphia-based lawyer representing Jazmine’s family, said on Saturday he believed the shooting had the markings of a hate crime, in part because of the “randomness and unprovoked nature” of the attack.

United States Representative Sheila Jackson Lee, a Democrat whose district includes parts of Houston, said the racial dynamics of the case were apparent. “Do not be afraid to call this what it seems to be: a hate crime,” she told the crowd, demanding an investigation by the Justice Department.”

Wow. How about getting the facts before inciting a potential race riot incident? They didn’t know beyond a shadow of a doubt whether it was random, targeted, gang related.

So the suspect in custody isn’t a white guy with a beard?

Last edited:
KPRC 2 Houston on Twitter
#BREAKING: Arrest has been made in the slaying of 7-year-old Jazmine Barnes, multiple sources tell KPRC2.

ABC13 Houston on Twitter
BREAKING: Sources say arrest made in deadly shooting of 7-year-old Jazmine Barnes

Stefania Okolie on Twitter
MORE: Sources also tell @abc13houston that the suspects(s) DO NOT resemble THIS composite sketch released earlier this week. Man who shot Jazmine Barnes to death may not have been white. The latest on the developments on #Abc13 at 10

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Knovah
Back