AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #31

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your scenario seems plausible, minus maybe 2 things. I just don’t think the turkey suit is necessary. Have you seen pictures of that get-up? The other thing that gives me pause is that Jayme’s bedroom is in the back corner of the house. Did she stumble in a daze all the way to the front door?
Yes I don't think it is likely they wore a suit either.
That is the million dollar question...how did he get Jayme without going very far into the house to get her?

Just thinking
Something I wanted to bring up but the conversation had moved on by the time I got to the end of the comments was the idea of the murderer wearing protective gear from the plant. That kind of thing is made to not shed fibers or contamination. That is the point of it. If those suits could leave fibers so easily it would shed all over the products on the line.
I remember a case where the killer went home and soaked his tennis shoes in bleach. I can't believe how many times they found bloodstained clothing in a murderers hamper or washer or dumpster. I have seen interviews where people wore bloodstained items into the interrogation room because they didn't think about it getting on their shoes or jeans because they didn't see it themselves.
I had another idea while reading the posts about where Denise was found. What if she got up to go to the bathroom in the night and took her phone. James hears beating at the door and thinks something is going on with Denise. He reaches the main room and realizes it is coming from the door. He moves toward it and that is when it comes open and he is shot. Denise hears the shot and stumbles from the bathroom trying to dial 911. She fumbles the phone which disconnects it and ends up dropping it. The killer sees her framed by the light of the bathroom and shots her too. A gun going off in the house should wake up anyone. Jayme stumbles out and collides with the killer and that is how he grabs her.

I think more likely scenario is perp or perps we’re in house recently... so random DNA isn’t going to matter...

DNA on bullets would.

If it’s just altercation that led up to this ...
Everyone already up and yelling.. James / Denise likely know perp... know they have gun and thought keep door closed... perp didn’t mind shooting through door...

Perp knows jayme says sorry get in the effing car... take her to random cabin to hide.. or pull off road and shoot her...

I change every 12 hours between rando perp and family circle six degrees Kevin bacon connection...and not going past 3 links and it’s done...you got perps...

I think phone text / calls 10 days prior are Likely bigger clues than anything out there...
Just a hunch ... and Fitzgerald likely wouldn’t say man were James and Denise pissed at xxxxxxx. Atleast not till trial.

"No, because I think we have the vehicles."

"BANFIELD: Some of the leads have come from Jayme`s particular social media trail?

[18:15:04] FITZGERALD: Oh, oh. All family members.

BANFIELD: All family members, social media trail. Have the electronic trails of Jayme`s parents been fruitful, in terms of trying to get a direction as to where you`re going with this crime?

FITZGERALD: Yes, I can`t comment on that, I won`t -- like I said all along, we won`t -- you know, share that information unless it becomes like we need to release it to the public so they can help us."

After this it launches into a phone call with the neighbor. She says she was at an event at Jennie O? She saw the car at the plant that LE says was cleared. ?? How many times has she been interviewed. I googled her and she even invited the reporters in her house and let them take pictures. Its odd that no one else will talk but here she is eating it up.

CNN.com - Transcripts

Just thinking

I think more likely scenario is perp or perps we’re in house recently... so random DNA isn’t going to matter...

DNA on bullets would.

If it’s just altercation that led up to this ...
Everyone already up and yelling.. James / Denise likely know perp... know they have gun and thought keep door closed... perp didn’t mind shooting through door...

Perp knows jayme says sorry get in the effing car... take her to random cabin to hide.. or pull off road and shoot her...

I change every 12 hours between rando perp and family circle six degrees Kevin bacon connection...and not going past 3 links and it’s done...you got perps...

I think phone text / calls 10 days prior are Likely bigger clues than anything out there...
Just a hunch ... and Fitzgerald likely wouldn’t say man were James and Denise pissed at xxxxxxx. Atleast not till trial.
I said something similar about maybe DNA or fingerprints that were found were easily explained away by the person they interviewed. Sheriff did say he thought they might have already interviewed the person responsible.

That is the million dollar question...how did he get Jayme without going very far into the house to get her?
Yeah. I struggle with that question, too. I just don’t know. I do know that there are two words that people don’t like, but would add options to a possible answer. Compliance or complicity. We just don’t know.

The Closs Mystery

scroll way down and this has part of the log and was the first I seen it, I don't know if it has changed or is the same or??? is just something I had saved and might be a little something that someone might be looking for maybe.

Rehashing because yes, that is what we do :)

That damn chair confuses the hell out of me. I haven't looked at the picture in weeks but looking again now those really do look like restraint ropes. So was the chair within the 5 feet of the front door? How would you tie someone up, kill two people, and then free the person (assuming here just for the moment that Jayme was the one restrained) all within 4 minutes? Why would you even need to tie someone up for that short of time?

No scenario of anyone being tied up makes any sense to me. Wonder if forensics took it just in case it was important but it really isn't and the ropes had already been there for some reason.

Edit: looking again and zooming in I go back to my original thought that they look like string ties for a cushion. Oy

Last edited:
"No, because I think we have the vehicles."

"BANFIELD: Some of the leads have come from Jayme`s particular social media trail?

[18:15:04] FITZGERALD: Oh, oh. All family members.

BANFIELD: All family members, social media trail. Have the electronic trails of Jayme`s parents been fruitful, in terms of trying to get a direction as to where you`re going with this crime?

FITZGERALD: Yes, I can`t comment on that, I won`t -- like I said all along, we won`t -- you know, share that information unless it becomes like we need to release it to the public so they can help us."

After this it launches into a phone call with the neighbor. She says she was at an event at Jennie O? She saw the car at the plant that LE says was cleared. ?? How many times has she been interviewed. I googled her and she even invited the reporters in her house and let them take pictures. Its odd that no one else will talk but here she is eating it up.

CNN.com - Transcripts
I mean, in writing anyway, this reads as though he is answering, even if he doesn’t mean to be.

In fairness to Fitzgerald, you think jayme alive, your goal is to provoke perp to let jayme go first, then to get perp to confess

Or you atleast want to find body.

If this all was escalating one night ... gotta be text galore.. you’d hope...

If perp
Is 16-40.... Lets hope the FBI would search the PS4... or Xbox... they can offer you additional info ... some people message like mad on those ..even putting phone up for 3 hrs message only on Xbox or PS4...

Sony Just Coughed Up PS4 Data To The FBI In A Kansas Terror Investigation

The released call log was from scanned documents. This becomes obvious once you try and search the *&$#$&# document! :) Drives me crazy. The log hasn't been modified since release. It's also a legal document. Dispatch systems are built to make it nearly impossible to change without a record of the change. (Capturing a call log like this in a searchable format takes more work usually.)

The videos, I don't know. I saved a couple of them but not the one in question.

I remember the Sheriff stating that there was no gun found at the scene "surprisingly", but can't find it now. Does anyone else recall this?

I thought maybe we could start compiling a list of unanswered questions. This is just a very marginal start from a newbie. Feel free to contribute to.

Was the Smreker time accurate? Did they hear bullets? Were the bullets from the gun that killed Jayme's parents or random gunfire (unlikely but...)?

What officially and specifically happened with the cars lead?

Was the family social or reculsive?

Was someone seeking revenge on parents, looking to abduct Jayme, a combination of the two or something else entirely?

Who was present at the day of party? What was Jayme's mood that day?

Did Jayme's parents have a positive working relationship with their coworkers and employers?

What officially happened with the man in overalls lead?

What officially happened with the strange call lead?

Where was Jayme's father Sunday?

Was there no DNA found or was the DNA found tied to existing DNA in the house?

I think that whole 5 feet into the house comment from the sheriff is garbage. Either they have absolutely nothing and they are making the assumption because they cannot come up with a real timeline of how long the perp was there. OR they have DNA but no idea who it belongs to from other areas of the home and it is their only evidence to convict, and they don't want the perp to think that. To me they are playing the "we got nothing" card to convince the perp they may just get away with it in hopes they slip up or someone talks.

Unless she went willingly, I don't believe they would have her if they only went 5 feet into the house. She would have ran away in the other direction out the back.

I think that whole 5 feet into the house comment from the sheriff is garbage. Either they have absolutely nothing and they are making the assumption because they cannot come up with a real timeline of how long the perp was there. OR they have DNA but no idea who it belongs to from other areas of the home and it is their only evidence to convict, and they don't want the perp to think that. To me they are playing the "we got nothing" card to convince the perp they may just get away with it in hopes they slip up or someone talks.

Unless she went willingly, I don't believe they would have her if they only went 5 feet into the house. She would have ran away in the other direction out the back.

I too truly can come up with no way they can know this for sure about the five feet. I sit here and look at my 12 inch floor tiles and count 5 of them for 5 feet fro my door and picture it. He is barely inside the door. I am trying to picture this with shooting Jim and I would think he would then be next to his body in which case would you not have possibly stepped in some blood, etc. Footprints may not be DNA I understand but that seems a bit messy with a chance of some type of transfer. Then you shoot Denise from five feet in and she has no chance to run around a corner? And then you tell Jayme to come to you (perhaps pointing gun at her) and she just happens also to be standing in sight also just docilely waiting and comes to you? I don't know... Perp could not have asked for things to go any smoother aside from the 911 call.

In think the 5 feet thing is just more semantics possibly or maybe an omission of there was a second perp at the back, etc.

I know the kicking in of the door has been discussed ad nauseum but just a question. If Jim was trying to hold it shut versus someone trying to kick it in and push it in, wouldn't he have the advantage? Or no? Meaning would it have to take some possibly younger and stronger than he? Thoughts? Or is kicking it in far easier than trying to hold it shut?

ETA: Forgive the typos, the coffee has not kicked in yet :)

Last edited:
I too truly can come up with no way they can know this for sure about the five feet. I sit here and look at my 12 inch floor tiles and count 5 of them for 5 feet fro my door and picture it. He is barely inside the door. I am trying to picture this with shooting Jim and I would think he would then be next to his body in which case would you not have possibly stepped in some blood, etc. Footprints may not be DNA I understand but that seems a bit messy with a chance of some type of transfer. Then you shoot Denise from five feet in and she has no chance to run around a corner? And then you tell Jayme to come to you (perhaps pointing gun at her) and she just happens also to be standing in sight also just docilely waiting and comes to you? I don't know... Perp could not have asked for things to go any smoother aside from the 911 call.

In think the 5 feet thing is just more semantics possibly or maybe an omission of there was a second perp at the back, etc.

I know the kicking in of the door has been discussed ad nauseum but just a question. If Jim was trying to hold it shut versus someone trying to kick it in and push it in, wouldn't he have the advantage? Or no? Meaning would it have to take some possibly younger and stronger than he? Thoughts? Or is kicking it in far easier than trying to hold it shut?

with the kicking in you have a sudden burst of pressure so maybe that could over come the pressure of holding it shut from inside?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23