TX TX - Julie Moseley, 9, Mary Trlica, 17, Lisa Wilson, 14, Fort Worth, 23 Dec 1974 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've tracked down several articles about the son of former FWPD-turned-Sears security guard Bill Hutchins, who was fired from FWPD in 2016 after 24 years at the Crimes Against Children Department.

Credit to @Parkestx who posted the story a few months ago!

You'll note that Dennis Hutchins was working in this department back in 2001 when his father made the allegation that "at about 11:30 p.m... he had a run-in on the parking lot with a young mall security guard who was driving a pickup truck."

Below is from 24 June 2016 edition of the Star Telegram, revealing just one of the 1100 cases re-examined by a FWPD task force launched in response to Dennis Hutchins' internal investigation. The perp is called Donnell Browning Jr.

"A day later, a man driving a similar car called over to a 12-year-old girl who had just been dropped off at Stripling Middle School, between Camp Bowie Boulevard and Interstate 30.

I am a Fort Worth police officer. You need to get in the car...

A man reportedly told a 12-year-old girl who had just been dropped off at Stripling Middle School in December 2013

“Hey you, young lady,” he shouted to her, according to court documents, then told her, “Come here.”

When she approached, the man flashed a badge and told her, “I am a Fort Worth police officer. You need to get in the car and I am going to pull into the parking lot to go talk to the principal about a situation with a guy.”

The girl said no and walked away as the man continued to insist that she get in his car. The man then drove off."

Okay, back to the drawing board. The problem is, we don't have a good starting point. We need a factual time line-we could then rule something in or out....We do have a good idea of what time the girls departed, as, IMO, TM- Julie's brother, is a valid witness. He's given that time as approx. 10:15-11:00a.m. if I'm not mistaken. From there, do we have any other facts, or is everything just hearsay at that point, from a timing perspective?
Ok. It's from that old article on missingtrio, but Debra says Rachel woke her p to see if she wanted to go. What time was that? and in other reports and articles, I can't put my finger on, Rachel went by her mother's house on the way I guess, and asked Terry if he wanted to go. I've read all that somewhere, and that Rachel called other people on the phone. So, all those people, that the police have talked to, should have that timeline since she woke up fairly tight. Debbie says (here) she worked Sunday night and wanted to sleep. OK, assuming Tommy had already left for work - then Debbie would be the best guess on when she left home, and Terry, his sisters and Renee's Grandmother the best guess on how long the girls spent on Gordon. I read several places that they left that house closer to noon than 11am. Maybe it's not all that important, but if people are just now saying for the first time that the girls (Rachel anyways) went to Myers, stopped for gas, went by 2 other houses, but theres no witnesses, that time window needs to shrink down around what could NOT have happened. The last person to see someone alive is usually the guilty person. Terry, granny, those other sisters - they weren't the last people to see the girls alive. So, it's very important to determine whether ANY witness really saw them in the stores. If that can't be figured out, then all bets are off. There's no timeline that can box in a suspect unless he can't prove where he was between about noon and 6:00-10:00. PROVE. So, I guess all bets are off or somebody would be in prison.

Ok. It's from that old article on missingtrio, but Debra says Rachel woke her p to see if she wanted to go. What time was that? and in other reports and articles, I can't put my finger on, Rachel went by her mother's house on the way I guess, and asked Terry if he wanted to go. I've read all that somewhere, and that Rachel called other people on the phone. So, all those people, that the police have talked to, should have that timeline since she woke up fairly tight. Debbie says (here) she worked Sunday night and wanted to sleep. OK, assuming Tommy had already left for work - then Debbie would be the best guess on when she left home, and Terry, his sisters and Renee's Grandmother the best guess on how long the girls spent on Gordon. I read several places that they left that house closer to noon than 11am. Maybe it's not all that important, but if people are just now saying for the first time that the girls (Rachel anyways) went to Myers, stopped for gas, went by 2 other houses, but theres no witnesses, that time window needs to shrink down around what could NOT have happened. The last person to see someone alive is usually the guilty person. Terry, granny, those other sisters - they weren't the last people to see the girls alive. So, it's very important to determine whether ANY witness really saw them in the stores. If that can't be figured out, then all bets are off. There's no timeline that can box in a suspect unless he can't prove where he was between about noon and 6:00-10:00. PROVE. So, I guess all bets are off or somebody would be in prison.
Right, so just to clarify, there are NO mall witnesses, or none that we have access to, correct? Someone, who, without a doubt, 100%- saw the trio AT or INSIDE the mall? The ONLY person who is in question in my mind, someone who was mentioned in some articles in the FWST, is the record store clerk- who proclaimed to talk to them (or Rachel) - is the only person that I'm aware of, and I'm not clear that this was ever completely verified. Does anyone know? So, does he get scrapped as a witness? And for now, I personally (this is my opinion only) am dismissing the security guard scenario- as that has theory led absolutely nowhere, except more speculation and again, no proof whatsoever that I'm aware of. So... they left around noonish, give or take, and then what....? They stopped at Army/Navy, Myers, for gas, and at two houses. Okay, so where are the witnesses from the houses? Who are these people? We CAN verify the Army/Navy stop, due to the jeans...however, we'll never be able to verify the gas and Myers stops, right? But the house stops theoretically CAN be verified...so where are these people and what time are these witnesses proclaiming they saw the trio?

They are "silent" due to police warnings or threats of/or death?

The conversation about the tv show
makes me think the cops aren't responding for some reason, maybe something they know they don't want the perp to know they know? Maybe they don't release names of witnesses bc they'd be hounded forever? Maybe many witnesses are already passed? (In which case better reason to find out answers sooner rather than later?)

They should at least make some sort of statement like "we have no idea" or "Yes, we're pretty sure what happened."

Then see the reactions.

If LE can spy on me in my living room through my little $40 camera or pick up DNA from invisible traces on something I've touched, you'd think there was a way this could be re-evaluated. But we're still theorizing on Jack the Ripper and nobody will likely ever solve that one.

Still.

Gracie55, Thanks for the post! We need more like it!
(I tried quoting but nothing came up! Doesn't work for me seems.)
The case haunts me. Having grown up but a town from FW i see so few degrees of separation from my own life.

It makes my blood run cold to think maybe I crossed paths with evil and survived, where the girls vanished. What happened? Did someone they knew go ballistic for some reason? Maybe there really was a sk at work? Something else going on? I really want to know if the security I felt growing up under the shadow of the Six Flags was misplaced.

For sure I'm nervous even driving through the area now. I might get shot or pegged by a brick from above pranksters on a bridge. It's gone crazy. Progress.

But the 70s seemed like gentler times. Was it all an illusion? While we watched in awe as the mega-entertainment capital grew wings, corruption gnawed at the foundations?

What I think put the most pressure on Rachel's family was her writing that letter, if she did. If she didn't write it her husband must have. His story is told nowhere but rumors. The police called the letter a bunch of bull. Showing up the next morning? To me that says whoever wrote it knew the police were telling the families to try and stay calm. They ran away they'll be back. Somebody that overheard the police say that late on that parking lot - before the news got hold of it. Rachel wasn't there to overhear the police suggest they ran away. Rachel wasn't at her car to hear police call in the car's location and describe it as Sears upper lot. Makes sense to me somebody rushed home, wrote that letter, then stuck it in a mailbox where it was picked up and postmarked after midnight. Someone that knew those girls well enough to know Tommy's address or how to find it, and his full name. Someone with paper and pens and pencils and envelops and stamps? Someone with enough time to do all that?
EBM - that's editted by me you people without lists:
I should not have said "It must have been written by her husband." I should have said it must have been written by someone that was there to see and hear all that. So, who all was there?

That letter was never mailed ! Didn’t fit the envelope for one thing. Someone took over 2 hours to leave the PD to go home and get the envelope and return it to the PD because they “forgot” it ? Really. What happened during those 2 hours that the person took to get it back to the PD?? Where was the husband and why didn’t he take it to the PD?

That letter was never mailed ! Didn’t fit the envelope for one thing. Someone took over 2 hours to leave the PD to go home and get the envelope and return it to the PD because they “forgot” it ? Really. What happened during those 2 hours that the person took to get it back to the PD?? Where was the husband and why didn’t he take it to the PD?
I've read so much so fast it starts to run together. correct me if i'm wrong. I thought, well, newspaper said debbie took the letter over to hewr parents house. then her mother called police and they came over to the arnolds house and took the letter with them. sorry, i'll go look that up. it's only the next day or the next. I don't remember anywhere it saying the letter was taken downtown by anybody.

Just the letter went to the A's "I read".
Then the police wanted the envelope. I have no idea when they got it. I have seen multipal stories about it all different.

I've read so much so fast it starts to run together. correct me if i'm wrong. I thought, well, newspaper said debbie took the letter over to hewr parents house. then her mother called police and they came over to the arnolds house and took the letter with them. sorry, i'll go look that up. it's only the next day or the next. I don't remember anywhere it saying the letter was taken downtown by anybody.

Ha. Welcome to the world of 3 stories to every fact. This, that and the other. I just hope that someday, someone will stand up and say enough. No more games, and just tell the truth. Tell exactly what they know. Including times. Stand up for the girls. But that's not going to happen is it?

Ha. Welcome to the world of 3 stories to every fact. This, that and the other. I just hope that someday, someone will stand up and say enough. No more games, and just tell the truth. Tell exactly what they know. Including times. Stand up for the girls. But that's not going to happen is it?

Sadly it doesn't seem like it will ever happen.

The case haunts me. Having grown up but a town from FW i see so few degrees of separation from my own life.

It makes my blood run cold to think maybe I crossed paths with evil and survived, where the girls vanished. What happened? Did someone they knew go ballistic for some reason? Maybe there really was a sk at work? Something else going on? I really want to know if the security I felt growing up under the shadow of the Six Flags was misplaced.

For sure I'm nervous even driving through the area now. I might get shot or pegged by a brick from above pranksters on a bridge. It's gone crazy. Progress.

But the 70s seemed like gentler times. Was it all an illusion? While we watched in awe as the mega-entertainment capital grew wings, corruption gnawed at the foundations?
actually wasn't there quite a few sk in the area in the 70's?

<modsnip>

What would he gain buy telling a bunch of strangers things he has already told the FWPD?I think the real thing that would help is having FA come on here and explain why CA was at the mall all night or if her and RA even went to the mall that day or about a stranger showing up at her house claiming to be a witness or her idea the girls were sold.Much more intriguing.Is this against terms since it was in print in MSM.Is it not victim friendly?I mean TT is discussed openly and was never named as a suspect.I sure hope the documentary team that is working on the movie stays away from the same old narrative and looks for real answers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member