Burke Ramsey Files 750 Million Dollar Lawsuit Against CBS #2

It just seems strange to me that Burke did not demand CBS release a statement in regard to his innocence and/or an public apology to him.

Sometimes when big companies settle lawsuits like this: they use big checks, and usually one of the stipulations is that they will not admit any wrong doing.

JonBenet Ramsey's brother settles $750M defamation suit against CBS

This informative paragraph gives us more information:

A clerk in Groner's office on Friday said the order declares that the claims against those producing the documentary "are dismissed with prejudice and without costs or attorney fees. This is a final order and the case is closed."

Michigan online court records show that a separate $50 million lawsuit filed by JonBenet Ramsey's father, John Ramsey, also was terminated by the same judge's order on Wednesday.

A clerk in Groner's office on Friday said the order declares that the claims against those producing the documentary "are dismissed with prejudice and without costs or attorney fees. This is a final order and the case is closed."

Michigan online court records show that a separate $50 million lawsuit filed by JonBenet Ramsey's father, John Ramsey, also was terminated by the same judge's order on Wednesday.
So it sounds like that even though the judge dismissed the case. Cbs decided to cover their lawyer fees and probably some hush money under the table.

Especially since Cbs made billions off jbr death since it happened.

So I agree that it was both dismissed and settled for a No Hard Feelings type of thing. Jmo for now.

I didn't see the documentary. So I cant comment on whether what they did was right or wrong.

It states “without costs or attorneys fees” , doesn’t that mean CBS did not pay BRs attorneys fees ? Am I misunderstanding that?

I’ve watched interviews of Burke from kid to adult. He appeared to smile in interviews about the murder. Why, this does not make sense. I think Burke may be involved. Why would he smile during JonBenet’s suspect interview for him?

Well, I guess the Ramsey's win again.
There will never be justice for JonBenet

Well, I guess the Ramsey's win again.
There will never be justice for JonBenet

Sadly, indeed. From poor investigation to money winners.

I'll bet about five.
I'll bet zero. I think this is all about perception on the Ramsey side. They don't want Burke deposed and everybody knows it. I'm sure CBS just agreed to never run the segment again. Public perception will always be that CBS folded because they were wrong, and the Ramseys and LW will use that.

Last edited:
Hey Everyone,

Notice Wood is not crowing about the "settlement". Even if a lawyer can't mention amounts of money when these cases are settled they certainly can discuss the money in a generic sense.

The fact that there is zero fanfare from Lin Wood shows me with an almost 100 percent certainty that zero money changed hands. Or if money did change hands it was a very small amount. I am assuming it was much less than what it would have cost for CBS to go to court.

Did CBS agree not to show the documentary again? If that were the case Wood would have been yelling from the roof of his law firm.

Did CBS admit any guilt? No

What did Burke get out of this? ZERO that I can see.

I was hoping CBS would take this all the way to trial but hey, what can you do?

Don't look at this as being a big win for Lin Wood and the Ramseys. It's just the opposite in my opinion.
No admitted guilt,
Was money given to Wood? Don't know but my guess is no.
CBS can show the documentary again as far as I can tell. You would think if Lin Wood could have proven all the lies
he claimed was in the show he would have done his best to take this suit to court.

Notice how Lin Wood NEVER goes all the way to court to defend the Ramseys?

Just Sayin'

Tricia
Tricia, we think very much alike on this one.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back