VA VA - Arieanna Day, 3 months, Roanoke, 12 September 2018 *Charges dropped*

Police announced Friday they're using a new investigative technique in their search.

Roanoke City Police Chief Tim Jones said they're partnering with a forensic expert with the University of Tennessee.

10 news asked Jones if evidence found using his technique would be admissible in court.

"The technology is so new we may be new here. If the location of Arieanna's remains come about by the use of his technology, which we won't know about for sometime," said Jones.
Roanoke police partner with forensic expert in search for Arieanna Day

I'd love to know what the new investigative technique is!

Also from the link:
The message from police Friday is that they are still desperately searching forArieanna Day, and they kept reiterating that her parents were the last ones to see her Alive and remain the main suspects.

I wondered if the new technique would have something to do with a new type of ground penetrating to locate bodies?
I found this:
On October 13, Jones said the investigation team used the servies of a forensic anthropologist from the University of Tennessee, Dr. Arpad Vass. Vass, he said, is part of the university's Law Enforcement Innovation Center for Public Service.

Jones said they are using Vass' new DNA technology to try to find Arieanna's remains, calling it "like a bloodhound on steroids." he chief said his team did find "samples" in the field that were sent to forensic labs, but would not disclose the types of items found.

When pressed, Jones said little about Andrew Terry and the circumstances surrounding his arrest.
I Googled Dr. Arpad Vass - he's a research scientist and forensic anthropologist. Interesting guy. He testified in the CA case. He works with "decomposition odor analysis."

There was an article in May of this year about something Dr. Vass developed and calls his INQUISITOR machine which apparently is a grave detection device. DNA from a family member can be used as a reference sample. I'm not sure how exactly it's used or even if it's what Chief Jones was talking about but he did say they found what he called samples in the search area that they sent for forensic testing. He didn't say what the samples were.
Roanoke Police reveal more about investigation into infant's disappearance
Grave-Detection Machine, Invented by Dr. Arpad Vass Receives Long Awaited Approval for his Patent in July 2018 – ForensicRecoveryServices.org

This poor darling baby- where is she? If the mom did have something to do with it, will she crack soon? I know I couldn't put my head on a pillow at night if I harmed a piece of hair on my child- how do people like this sleep (I mean all killers, not just the parents of Arieanna, if they are involved). How do you go about your day, how do you live a normal life, after such a thing?

Tuesday, January 8th:
*Grand Jury gets case (@ pm ET) – VA – Arieanna Day (3 mos) (Sept 12, 2018, not found, Roanoke) – *Andrew Christopher Terry (31) arrested (9/12/18) & charged (9/20/18) with illegal disposal of a body. Held without bond. Bond denied 9/20/18. Judge granted (10/25/18) $50K bond, has bonded out.
9/26/18: Revocation hearing on 10/29.
10/16/18 Update: Appealed ruling on “no bond”. Appeal granted a $50K Secure bond. The bond stipulations are the following: Turn in his passport, can't leave the Commonwealth of Virginia, has a curfew 10 p.m. to 7 a.m., & he is not to interfere with the current investigation. Next is Prelim hearing on 10/25.

10/25/18 Update: In September, Terry was arrested and charged with illegally concealing a body. Last week a judge allowed Terry out of jail on a $50,000 bond. The case is scheduled to go before a grand jury on January 8. Next hearing is Revocation hearing on 10/29.
10/29/18 Update: Revocation hearing is continued (no date given). Goes to Grand Jury on 1/8/19; Review hearing set for 2/19.

Did the mom ever make any statements to media?
I believe the only public statement Arieanna's mother ever made was in a FB group about finding her. Here it is, keeping in mind recent information.
"Beautiful Arieanna,

You’re 4 months old today. Baby girl, some days it’s hard to remember to breathe without you here. The pain is unbearable. How can I sleep when I don’t know where you’re sleeping? How are we supposed to go on?

We have hope that you are out there somewhere alive and will be home soon. But if you are not we know you’re in heaven looking down on us and we know you are watching and want us to be strong because you left us with beautiful memories.

I wish you were here with us wearing a pretty pink bow in your hair and your million dollar smile lighting up the room. We would celebrate and watch you laugh.

A baby as innocent and perfect as you shouldn’t have to come face to face with real life monsters. You are loved and missed by all of us. Every second of every day. Your brother and sisters ask about you and I don’t know what to tell them. They’ve asked if I need help looking for you. How does a mother answer that question?

Baby girl, we will never stop looking for you. Never. We pray every day you will return to us safely.

Happy Birthday Arieanna Renee.

We love you,
Mommy, your big brother and sisters"
Mothers pens letter to missing Roanoke baby on 4-month birthday

It’s always interesting to see how different communities respond when a child goes missing. It was heart warming to see the community rally around Casey Hathaway when he went missing. I wish all communities cared so much. It appears that poor Arieanna has little or no support. It’s so very sad. I wonder if it’s because everyone thinks she’s dead so there’s nothing they can do, or if there’s a general apathy in the area she went missing. Somebody needs to rally the troops for this baby. It reminds me of Junior Phillips. You don’t hear much about him either.

It’s always interesting to see how different communities respond when a child goes missing. It was heart warming to see the community rally around Casey Hathaway when he went missing. I wish all communities cared so much. It appears that poor Arieanna has little or no support. It’s so very sad. I wonder if it’s because everyone thinks she’s dead so there’s nothing they can do, or if there’s a general apathy in the area she went missing. Somebody needs to rally the troops for this baby. It reminds me of Junior Phillips. You don’t hear much about him either.
Well, in this case, we have a father admitting she's deceased. Even telling LE where he allegedly buried her, but they haven't found her. Her mother and no other family members, to my knowledge, have reached out to the media, formed groups online, or tried searching for her. The huge difference in many of these cases is the family's input and begging for the public's help, even if it's just thoughts and prayers.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken
Back