OH Pike County: 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested#40

Status
Not open for further replies.
My 2 cents. Makes sense inmates not on sanctions would get a phone call with a loved one, even the Wagners. They are presumed innocent for now.

And yes some States allow bedside visits but I'm guessing the inmate must meet the same criteria as for funerals.

Yes for the family member too. Last wishes honored.

It’s possible the attorneys and JudgevDeering have discussed this. And all are thinking about how to resolve it. And ANGELA WAGGIE is innocent until she goes through a trial. Whatever she did to have the judge again order no contact may have sealed her fate regarding consideration they may have had regarding a final visit.

If that visit resulted in anything bad, it would be a negative slash on the case itself. If she had someone who tried to work an escape, or if anyone got so much as a scratch.

AND NO ONE WAS GRANTED A FINAL GOODBYE TO;

Hanna Rhoden, age 19

Chris Rhoden Jr, age 16

Frankie Rhoden, age 20

Hanna GILLEY, age 20

Dana Rhoden, age 37

Christopher Rhoden age 40

Gary Rhoden, age 38

or

Kenney Rhoden, age 44

Their last words to family and loved ones are the words said in the days prior to the murders. No one can change that.

For those who think the DP is a must in this case rather than LWOP, due to them being allowed to live in prison and have visitors, etc..
This link shows the men on Death Row with many showing the date they were put there. One has been there 35 years. So it is not a given that they will be executed any time soon after being convicted if that is the case.

Waiting to die: 26 men scheduled for execution in Ohio

The Rhodens lived in Pike County jmo

Not to nitpick, but Dana's home was located in Adams County. If you look at the map below, the Adams/Pike County line in the area of the Rhoden homes runs along Union Hill Rd.

Map of Adams County Ohio

davmicmin has a point. Hopefully it was resolved when AG DeWine declared that Pike County would have jurisdiction over the cases.

Not to nitpick, but Dana's home was located in Adams County. If you look at the map below, the Adams/Pike County line in the area of the Rhoden homes runs along Union Hill Rd.

Map of Adams County Ohio

davmicmin has a point. Hopefully it was resolved when AG DeWine declared that Pike County would have jurisdiction over the cases.

I promise Danas house was and land is in scioto county. The property deed and mortgage are recorded in scioto county. plus I work for a local land surveyor and I have worked on surveying the county line and around crsr property.

Thank you for the link...the audio was much better! I didn't mind the "blocker" this time. Because, AW's face was not as important to me, as was the face of her attorneys. I watch/read faces all day long, more telling than what comes out of their mouths. Today I sensed a little exasperation with their client...definitely a colder physical posture. If I noticed it, you know they felt it. Since AW was attired in the same jail house blues (Gosh, I've always wanted to say that!:D!:D)....it might be not be a stretch of the imagination to think or suggest someone was trying to sneak a message in with the street clothing??
Of course, I am just an armchair sleuth...but after watching RW write feverishly on her own clothing (!!), somehow I don't think it is much of a stretch. RW could watch the whole thing on Ytube or FB with her mother when she got home....she did not have to write on her clothing. The action was not only ridiculous, it was the oddest distraction ever. Was she trying to imply, writing messages on clothing is an "everyday event" in their family....so what's the problem with writing notes on AW's clothing, too?? I just don't think the info from the judge was so unique one needed to ruin a perfectly good pants.
Actually you might be on to something there. That Robin was upset by that no contact order was pretty obvious. Could she have been caught trying to give Angie clothes that had writing on them? A message from Fred maybe? If so Robin would have been scolded at the very least by the jailers. And reported to the prosecutors.

JMO

If all she has done her whole life is work on the farm for her mother, she may have little knowledge of the proceedings she is attending. I'm sure she has to be at them to report back to her mother. She could be totally innocent and still get scrutinized by people. The bad part is we know nothing about her. She could have been involved, totally out of the loop on the murders, or helping LE.

Don’t assume Robin is unintelligent. On a modern farm enterprise she. Will know high tech, more animal husbandry than all of us combined, the bottom line, finances, science, farm chemicals and even the grade each piece of land maintains for the most efficient drainage. She’s been raised to run a business, and apparently does it well.

A lot has been put upon her she didn’t ask for. And I think each of us needs to be careful and a bit compassionate for her.

She was not charged, wasn’t arrested and has been shocked into a new very burdensome reality.

Robin is facing the very real possibility that her mother is facing prison time, and may die alone in a cell. She faces more lurid facts every time she gets into her vehicle to head to court. She has no clue when it will end, or when she can fit prison visits into her schedule in 4-5 years.

Her parents estate has to be modified, legal documents prepared for an orderly transition of her mother’s assets.
But Robin has been handed a mess she will have little time to address properly and effectively.

The Waggies decision to murder affected so many more than the Rhoden, Manley and Gilley families. And I’m not minimizing the horrible impact on anyone.

And as far as I’m concerned she can write on her pants, her toes or her face if she needs to. To date she has done nothing wrong, and honestly has handled herself mostly with grace. She deserves no criticism up to now.

Put yourself in her place, insanely stupid decisions by her brother and his family, and just maybe by FRED CHANGED HER LIFE. as far as we know she experienced the same shock when LE crashed the gate at the farm and arrested her 76 year old mother.

A mother who should have set a much better example. She’s not carrying a load right now, she’s pulling 10 semis loaded with ten tons of trying to figure what the hell happened.

Last edited:
I promise Danas house was and land is in scioto county. The property deed and mortgage are recorded in scioto county. plus I work for a local land surveyor and I have worked on surveying the county line and around crsr property.
Hi Davmicmin...Welcome! I bet you have had some interesting assignments and have insight on a lot of real estate transactions over the years. :D Off the record...what is the strangest thing you have seen...and of course, NOT related to this specific case. For instance, is it dangerous to survey when owner's dog are on property? How would you proceed?

Last edited:
For those who think the DP is a must in this case rather than LWOP, due to them being allowed to live in prison and have visitors, etc..
This link shows the men on Death Row with many showing the date they were put there. One has been there 35 years. So it is not a given that they will be executed any time soon after being convicted if that is the case.

Waiting to die: 26 men scheduled for execution in Ohio

You are factually correct.

I revert back to elected official of the past. A majority voted for the death penalty.

A majority thought it proper and the will of the People of the State of Ohio to impose death upon those found guilty of the most heinous crime of aggravated murder.

Tell me Dudly, I’m trying to understand your position regarding these 8 murders.

How could have it been more heinous?

Exactly why do you believe the death penalty should not be imposed in this case?

Where’s the line that must be crossed to make it ok?

I’m writing this with respect and because it’s honestly how I learn. And considering other views is my first step in transition of altering my own opinion. Thank you for the time it takes you to respond.

Map of Adams County Ohio

Pike was the first responder. 911 made the decision when they sent help to BJMs plea for assistance. Readers squirrels were on scene first. And I like his squirrels.

I have a question. Back 40 years ago a landowner could get a total property history. Back to the first survey by feds. I can’t recall the name of the document. Help. It’s an old process and an old word. I’ve been searching for weeks.

I thought it was in Adams? Either way, it shouldn't be an issue. Murder is a crime under state stautes. If the wording needs to be changed on where the offense took place, its no big deal. JMO

I have a question. Back 40 years ago a landowner could get a total property history. Back to the first survey by feds. I can’t recall the name of the document. Help. It’s an old process and an old word. I’ve been searching for weeks.

most counties have what's called chain of title cards. is that what u mean? in pike county we also have vms (virginia military surveys) on the west side of the scioto river.

Map of Adams County Ohio

KR lived in Scioto, I believe.

Hi Davmicmin...Welcome! I bet you have had some interesting assignments and have insight on a lot of real estate transactions over the years. :D Off the record...what is the strangest thing you have seen...and of course, NOT related to this specific case. For instance, is it dangerous to survey when owner's dog are on property? How would you proceed?

i tell people, with my job I meet more dogs than I do people. in 12 years I've only been bit once. can't really say I've seen anything strange. mad neighbors sometimes. now some neat things ice seen are stone corners that are over 150 years old.

Pike was the first responder. 911 made the decision when they sent help to BJMs plea for assistance. Readers squirrels were on scene first. And I like his squirrels.

Agree, then BCI took over the investigation within the first couple of hours. The depositions in the autopsy lawsuits by Cincinnati Enquirer and Columbus Dispatch explain a lot of what happened, jurisdictional decisions, etc.

Here's a link to Dr. David Kessler's deposition in the CD lawsuit. He's the Pike County Coroner

http://supremecourt.ohio.gov/pdf_viewer/pdf_viewer.aspx?pdf=816546.pdf

Link to deposition (CE lawsuit) of David Trout, BCI agent lead investigator of the Rhoden Murders investigation

http://supremecourt.ohio.gov/pdf_viewer/pdf_viewer.aspx?pdf=816543.pdf

Another deposition for Dr. Kessler is also in this document

These are very interesting docs to read with regards to how the investigation began.

ETA: Correction, David Trout's affadavit is a that link, not deposition.

Last edited:
Agree, then BCI took over the investigation within the first couple of hours. The depositions in the autopsy lawsuits by Cincinnati Enquirer and Columbus Dispatch explain a lot of what happened, jurisdictional decisions, etc.

Here's a link to Dr. David Kessler's deposition in the CD lawsuit. He's the Pike County Coroner

http://supremecourt.ohio.gov/pdf_viewer/pdf_viewer.aspx?pdf=816546.pdf

Link to deposition (CE lawsuit) of David Trout, BCI agent lead investigator of the Rhoden Murders investigation

http://supremecourt.ohio.gov/pdf_viewer/pdf_viewer.aspx?pdf=816543.pdf

Another deposition for Dr. Kessler is also in this document

These are very interesting docs to read with regards to how the investigation began.

Thanks for the links, Betty. I remember it being said they came post haste. I'd forgotten how post haste. They got there just after the call for KR came into the 911 Center.

Investigators already had whiteboards up, evidence collected and laptops whirring by the time one of the state's top crimefighting bosses walked into the Piketon Community Center the afternoon of April 22.

It was 1:30 p.m. -- just five hours and 41 minutes after family members began discovering bodies shot in multiple residences of the Rhoden family in Pike County.

"I walked into the room and there were five analysts sitting there with their laptops inputting data,'' said Thomas Stickrath, the superintendent of Ohio's Bureau of Criminal Investigation, of the community center's transformation into a makeshift command center where an army of cops, forensic scientists and analysts set out that day to catch the killers.

Just mere minutes before Stickrath's arrival, another 911 call alerted authorities to the eighth and final body at a fourth Rhoden residence. That body was found in a camper perched on a hillside off a remote gravel road, a few miles from the three other scenes.

There was no question at that moment one month ago: This would be one of Ohio's largest homicide investigations in state history. And the BCI lab and headquarters in London, Ohio, would be central to solving the case.

The Pike County sheriff, with just 13 road deputies, invited the state's crime-fighting experts to help.

"We came in with a surge immediately,'' Stickrath said. "We are a lab on the ready."

Inside the Rhoden investigation: Scientists work with cops

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members