Sievers Sidebar #5

Yes, the Jarvis house is in sad shape. I passed by there before Christmas. I would say a tear down but one never knows. IF someone were to buy with intent to live there it would certainly be repair (if possible) vs demo & new build costs. STILL, people know what happened there AND those not knowing... I assume there must be full disclosure???? Any buyer not knowing the circumstances would hear such after the fact—not good.

Thank you! Does anyone know or understand what Plaintiff’s maximum bid means in simple speak? TIA!
I think that is the amount owed to the lender and other fees. So if MS came up with $460,772.79 by 11 Jan, he would be entitled to retain possession.

(I think.)

ETA:
In other words that is the maximum MS would have to pay.

I think that is the amount owed to the lender and other fees. So if MS came up with $460,772.79 by 11 Jan, he would be entitled to retain possession.

(I think.)

ETA:
In other words that is the maximum MS would have to pay.
Okay. That’s an outrageous amount of money for a house in such neglect but IIRC didn’t MS have more than one mortgage? Perhaps that amount is what he really owes with penalties and interest. Yikes!

Thank you! Does anyone know or understand what Plaintiff’s maximum bid means in simple speak? TIA!
OK, I tried to do a little research and it still doesn't make sense to me. LOL
However I did run across this article that gives a good overview of foreclosure process in Florida. The average length of time for a foreclosure is 893 days, longest in the nation!
Florida Foreclosure Laws and Procedures

Last edited:
Okay. That’s an outrageous amount of money for a house in such neglect but IIRC didn’t MS have more than one mortgage? Perhaps that amount is what he really owes with penalties and interest. Yikes!
I wasn't going to post this as it has the girls' names on it, but here's a couple of screenshots (where it doesn't mention the girls) detailing the amount owed:
Screenshot 2018-12-28 at 22.43.00.png
Screenshot 2018-12-28 at 22.43.16.png
If someone would bid $1000 they would get it?

Apparently so if they are the highest cash bidder:
Screenshot 2018-12-28 at 22.43.56.png

Hopefully these images are readable if you click on them.

Pics are from the final judgement in the foreclosure case, searchable from here under MS's name:

https://matrix.leeclerk.org

Last edited:
Hubby says they can ask for the moon but ultimately it will go for whatever it auctions for; likely not much. I believe people are able to view the property including interior and bring in experts the day of it not before. Surely no bank would finance anything without an inspection and estimate to make it habitable.

I remember reading that the Sievers bought the existing home on the right which included the land they later built their new home on. They lived there until construction was complete then sold it. At some point records showed a house number created for that new home site—if I can find that again I’ll post it. UNLESS someone else has that handy.
I would think lenders involved will be doing a write off.

I am under the impression that homes that are auctioned have a minimum bid that is acceptable on each property.

This keeps the mortgage company from losing so much money as in the example above of the $1,000. JMO.

Florida....Sievers house goes up for auction within “short” time period for non mortgage payment and then there is the Anthony’s house, again non payment of mortgage and many, many years later, it still is not up for auction.....why the difference.....Anthony’s special? Why suc a difference?

If someone would bid $1000 they would get it?
I don't know about Florida, but in Detroit specifically, there are so many abandoned homes selling for that price and sometimes less. I've been watching TheSheaShow on youtube where he rehabs and manages the properties for buyers who live out of the area, out of the state and even some that live out of the country. It's really interesting - he gives tours via youtube, explains what he's doing, what's going on.

Sorry, I got sidetracked. Bottom line: there are homes that sell for $100. The neighborhood of Teresa Sievers' home is infinitely safer than most of the $100 Detroit homes, so...

A lot of activity at the home this week...moving items out. Yesterday, moving day...furniture, etc., and the very large safe. Today, all news outlets have populated the area & are going door to door trying to get interviews. Tomorrow, 1/11 at 9am...auction. Also, I did hear that a lamp light is on at night. Hopefully, the home was taken care of inside.

News to me - - Homicide doesn't have to be disclosed in a real estate transaction in Florida:
https://www.winknews.com/2019/01/10/bonita-springs-murder-home-listed-for-auction/
[...]
Hopeful buyers may not know about its history because state law does not require homeowners to disclose if murder happened in a home when selling a property.
[...]

Statutes & Constitution :View Statutes : Online Sunshine
The 2018 Florida Statutes
600x3_gradient.gif

689.25 Failure to disclose homicide, suicide, deaths, or diagnosis of HIV or AIDS infection in an occupant of real property.—
(1)(a) The fact that an occupant of real property is infected or has been infected with human immunodeficiency virus or diagnosed with acquired immune deficiency syndrome is not a material fact that must be disclosed in a real estate transaction.
(b) The fact that a property was, or was at any time suspected to have been, the site of a homicide, suicide, or death is not a material fact that must be disclosed in a real estate transaction.
(2) A cause of action shall not arise against an owner of real property, his or her agent, an agent of a transferee of real property, or a person licensed under chapter 475 for the failure to disclose to the transferee that the property was or was suspected to have been the site of a homicide, suicide, or death or that an occupant of that property was infected with human immunodeficiency virus or diagnosed with acquired immune deficiency syndrome.

If you look close, it looks like mold along the baseboards. So either they did a quickie wipe job of the house, or had it cleaned and they missed some. Not as bad as i thought it would be OR if electric was off the whole time....

And from bid, looks like the bank bought it back themselves... with only one other entity bidding... at th 175k price. Will probably go on a real estate site next as a flip. JMO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back