Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #38

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it’s valid for sexting to be prosecuted as a child sexual offence if one party is much older than the other, or one is under the age of 16 years and the other is an adult (over the age of 18 years), or is a person in authority over the other; such as a teacher, sports coach, etc, and the other is a child up to, and including, the age of 17 years.
Yes, definitely. Do you mean "much older" (BBM above) but still under 18? I wonder if someone above the age of consent but under 18, would be charged if they were sexting an under-age? I also wonder if the age of consent is different in different states/territories.... I do know that if someone commits a sexual act on a child and the perp is under 18, they go to juvenile court, but JMO - is something a cop told me, and i haven't looked it up. Even if they are pursued as an adult, in retrospect, it still remains a juvenile offence

I agree the sexting blurs the lines but a minor under the age of 18 not considered an adult is still very capable of committing crimes against minors as to what and adult is.
Oh i know it! Takes no convincing me -- assholes

Plus if they are considered old enough to have sex (above whatever age it is - 16?) then the offence should be considered as a child sexual offence, for sure, if the other kid is below the age of consent

Oh - edit again - but it's blurry when say a 15 & 16 year old are in relationship... so complex

Last edited:
Oh i know it! Takes no convincing me -- assholes

Plus if they are considered old enough to have sex (above whatever age it is - 16?) then the offence should be considered as a child sexual offence, for sure, if the other kid is below the age of consent

Oh - edit again - but it's blurry when say a 15 & 16 year old are in relationship... so complex
Yes it’s blurry but probably irrelevant here on this thread anyway . The sexual register thing is relevant of course but can’t get off track as it’s about a 3 year old . Sorry if I steered the conversation in that way .

And for the record in Victoria I believe it’s statutory rape if one party is 16 and over and the other one is not. My boys who are bigger now both had girlfriends 2 years younger than them all through high school, the minute the girls turned 16 I breathed a massive sigh of relief !

Yes it’s blurry but probably irrelevant here on this thread anyway . The sexual register thing is relevant of course but can’t get off track as it’s about a 3 year old . Sorry if I steered the conversation in that way .
I wouldn't worry as many have been discussing a sex offenders register, and age is an issue. But yes, back to William :)

I'm thinking of how easy it may be for someone living nearby to William to grab him & pretty soon after, take off in a vehicle. But then their return - that's not so easy is it? Hiding him has a limited time frame - i would imagine, given the action around there. Unless there was enough time to hide him & leave later? The mind boggles

ps i am talking any resident of those two streets

I'm thinking of how easy it may be for someone living nearby to William to grab him & pretty soon after, take off in a vehicle. But then their return - that's not so easy is it? Hiding him has a limited time frame - i would imagine, given the action around there. Unless there was enough time to hide him & leave later? The mind boggles

ps i am talking any resident of those two streets
Yes and when does sexual deviantcy turn into probable murder ?

Yes and when does sexual deviantcy turn into probable murder ?

When a person can't have their DNA found on a child because they don't want to go to jail for years and years?

(Well ... at least two years and 6 months in Australia
roll-eye-smiley.gif
)

I think that’s what south Aussie is saying. Dispose of the evidence , which sadly may be William .
So sexual deviancy turns to probable murder when the perp hides a body adequately? IDK. Has anyone here done philosophy 101 when a + b =c etc, students would have a field day with this one :)

So sexual deviancy turns to probable murder when the perp hides a body adequately? IDK. Has anyone here done philosophy 101 when a + b =c etc, students would have a field day with this one :)
Sexual deviancy, specifically the paraphilia of violent sexual fantasies involving children, turns to probable murder when the person who is experiencing said fantasies’ thoughts become actions, and the opportunistic child victim of those actions has been missing for a long period of time say, more than 4 years. Now could we not become bogged down in semantics please?

Last edited:
I wish we were privy to the reasoning behind that search, maybe a neighbor/local came forward with information during the Benaroon Drive search.

Yes, the more I think about this, the more I think Mr Savage may know something.

The June 2018 search was right in the vicinity of his home (as well as grandma's) and where he was walking with his dog on the morning that William disappeared.
Who knows what he knows? Only he does .. and maybe the police and Coroner.

Nope certainly not me but the perpetrator may have been thinking life over life . One or the others .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melissawilkinson44