Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #33

Status
Not open for further replies.
What was it, 9 minutes after they found her, they found him? I'm assuming that the dog walker called 911. How far away from him was she when she found the lady who saved her?

If he thought he had her "broken" - or he thought she was secured, he could have been out shopping or at work, even. If Jayme knew where he was, then easy enough to just go pick him up.

That said, I really hope she whacked him over the head with a two by four and knocked him out before she made her escape.

My biggest hope just a couple months ago, was that Jayme’s body would be discovered by hunters in the near future.

Her being alive, wasn’t even a consideration.

This being solved, seemed completely hopeless. I figured that it would be an enduring mystery.

I’m still pretty stunned at all of this.

Time for some answers, and justice for Jayme.

I was looking for you ilovechili, ISN"T IT GRAND!! WOO HOO!

I heard it I think as it was breaking, laid down for a nap and my mom texted and then I had to call my adult child, etc. By the time I got on here, what was a quiet site all day was exploding :) So very happy to have this outcome--not that it takes away from the tragedy of her parents--but she is not lost but is alive! One could not ask for a better outcome.

Edited to fix typos

Last edited:
Google Maps

She was found about 66 miles away from Barron. This case, somewhat, makes me think of Shawn Hornbeck because after he was found he talked about how he knew everyone was looking for him etc., although he did not out himself for some time and only under certain circumstances after years of captivity. Speculation only, but I would imagine that Gordon had missing information on Jayme posted about town and or on the news that she perhaps was aware of and therefore made the "run for it" at first opportunity. Like I said, speculation only. 13 years old is so darn young and I have no idea of her maturity level but she "went for it" and took that chance to save herself. Prayers for her, her family and her parents. I never expected this outcome of this case and am so very happy for her and her family and am beyond delighted that they have the suspect in custody.

T
I usually would agree but I don't think there are enough MODS to keep up with that request. :eek: And they usually don't do that until the news stops calling a victim by name in connection with the suspect's charges/court case. Unfortunately for Jayme her case is as well known as Elizabeth Smart now. I don't see her being able to be anonymous or a Jane Doe in court. :(

My heart weeps for her. I hope she will find a way to heal, despite the fact that the world is about to know all the horrible details of what she has endured. I pray she will be granted all the strength she needs for the difficult days ahead. Simple comforts of being with her surviving family members and her dog Molly may help.

MOO.
Totally agree with you. This is one strong child to go through 3 months of he'll and still have the Moxie to escape.

My biggest hope just a couple months ago, was that Jayme’s body would be discovered by hunters in the near future.

This being solved, seemed completely hopeless. I figured that it would be an enduring mystery.

Time for some answers, and justice for Jayme.
I couldn't be happier. I checked the thread every once in a while, but I was so sure she was gone that it hurt to much to read and hope. SO very happy she'll soon be back safely with her family.

How far from Barron, thanks?

Time for some answers, and a bit of payback.

BBM
My feelings as well. I was thinking: maybe in Spring then. This is MUCH better! :D

I hope Jayme's Grampa is ok tonight. He has had to run the emotional gamut today. At first the rumor. Then finding out that rumor wasn't true. Then to find out she is alive! Every time I think about him saying he would go and get her if she needed him to I cry. Now he can mourn his daughter properly. Prayers for Grampa!

Gordon Camp is another correctional institution or program. Hold for Gordon Camp with no bond means an inmate is waiting at that site to go to his prison program called Gordon Camp. It doesn't mean he has no bond because he is a vicious murderer and kidnapper.

I couldn't be happier. I checked the thread every once in a while, but I was so sure she was gone that it hurt to much to read and hope. SO very happy she'll soon be back safely with her family.
I have probably 15 news apps on my phone.

When I got the first alert, I was like “no, you’ve made a huge mistake.”

By the fourth or fifth, I started to believe that it was true.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichaelKeell