Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #33

Status
Not open for further replies.
She spent almost 3 months in shock and fear. She still found the strength and courage to escape. She is strong and has family that love her. She has mountains to climb but I have no doubt she will do it. She is a survivor.
Damn straight.

An older, stronger, armed monster had her in his grasp, and she was able to break free.

I just wish I could see his face when he realized she was gone.

That must have been a beautiful sight.

I could hear the excitement and genuine joy in Paul Blume's voice when he was reporting on air.

He's been following this since day one and has always shown great respect and deep compassion for Jayme, her parents and the rest of the family.

A stellar reporter.
Oh, I agree. It was a privilege to hear this glorious news straight from the mouth of this excellent reporter.

Really curious because of multiple posts that seem to affirm/confirm that some here have information about the suspect being 21 years old, yet I do not find a single post naming him nor linking to any actual verifiable information regarding any legitimately confirmed information on this "21 year old" being a, or the, suspect. I too read the jail roster and I cannot determine at all who the suspect is. Can someone please give me more information to solve the puzzle as to his identity as some members posting here seem to believe they have determined his identify. Respectfully, Thanks.
Identity not released. Media reports arrest of 21 year old male.

8390182-6580017-image-a-1_1547186199233.jpg

Jayme was found at Eau Claire Acres, a development located about 70 miles away from her home in Barron

Jayme's aunt, Kelly Engelhardt, told KARE 11 that the news is what the family has 'prayed for' every day.

'I honestly had faith... I figured if they hadn’t found her by now that the person that did this didn’t want her dead, so I had hope. Every day there was hope. We had too much love and support around us for us to give up,' her aunt said.

The teen's uncle, Jeff Closs, said he is shocked and beyond grateful for the outcome they desperately hoped for.

'It was just unbelievable because you hear about… you’re not sure if she’s not going to be found. And when you actually hear it, it’s just unbelievable. We’re all just so grateful and happy.

'We thought it was going to be a different ending and we’re so happy... hopefully she’s OK, we don’t know what condition. Just she’s alive.'
Jayme Closs is found ALIVE | Daily Mail Online

I was going by DHS.gov definition: "Human trafficking is modern-day slavery and involves the use of force, fraud, or coercion to obtain some type of labor or commercial sex act."

What Is Human Trafficking?
Exactly. By that definition, what happened to her was not “human trafficking.”

She wasn’t kidnapped for profit.

This was about him. Whoever he is.

Residents of an area of woods and cabins about 9 miles east of Gordon, which has few year-round residents, described the dramatic moments when Jayme was found. XXXXXX XXXXXX, a xxxxxxx at XXXXXXX who lives on South Eau Claire Circle with her husband, XXXXX and children, said that around 4 p.m., another neighbor walking a dog frantically knocked on the XXXXXXX door.
Standing with her was a skinny, dirty girl with matted hair, wearing shoes too big for her feet.
“This is Jayme Closs! Call 911!” the neighbor said to XXXXXXX.
Jayme was quiet, her emotions “pretty flat,” XXXXXX said.

Northern Wisconsin residents describe the moments they found Jayme Closs

Skinny, dirty, matted hair, and flat affect
Jamie may need to stay a while at the hospital.:(
I think her aunt said she would be coming home around midnight.

Well, a few posters here are now saying MSM said he is 21. Perhaps that is true, though LE has not released that info directly to the public that I am aware of. It could also be that news release of 21 is what started people here sleuthing jail rosters for recently arrested perps that age. Everything just feeds everything else and then it becomes difficult to separate fact from fiction.

The suspect is reported to 21-years-old according to news articles posted in this thread.

Northern Wisconsin residents describe the moments they found Jayme Closs

Seems like the doctors will probably want to monitor her overnight at least. If she is in shock, having up-and-down adrenaline issues, dehydrated, or any other concerns they are going to want to keep her in the hospital.

Just my opinion, obviously, since we’ve heard reports she will go home.

Inmate Roster - Douglas County Sheriff WI

It’s unknown where the perp will be booked, no one on WS has had the attitude to assume anything as fact to my knowledge—only sleuthing. I linked the Douglas county bookings link above that references ppl of interest or to be of interest in the future. again, that’s just for the county where he was found, he might not be booked there.

Good question. My thought is that he would be sent to Barron for an arraignment.

Last edited:
You know, it’s great that local and secondary media are all over this, but the major networks are all ridiculous. I’m referring to the broadcasting. I’ve been flipping through the channels, and this hasn’t been mentioned once that I can see. This was an international story. Yet they all seem to be stuck on an endless loop of ridiculous nonsense that everyone is sick of. I guess good news human interest stories are a thing of the past. They should all be ashamed. /rant.

Exactly. By that definition, what happened to her was not “human trafficking.”

She wasn’t kidnapped for profit.

This was about him. Whoever he is.
RE: Profit - how do you know it wasn't for profit? It's super-duper common now-a-days is all I'm sayin'.... Quite a big risk to murder 2 parents for no profit. IMHO. MOO

Im sure also that even though she was inside someone’s home with adults, she was probably scared to death that he would find her. Until the police showed up, I’m sure she was completely terrified that he would come with a gun.
Those 'saviors' must have *all* been terrified until at least the one perp was in custody.. afterall, the perp(s) had already shot and killed the girl's parents. Must have been awfully scary for all of them. I would imagine even when police showed up, there was still a risk.. until the perp was in cuffs. Can't wait to hear more details. It's unthinkable to me that the family wasn't familiar with this person.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member