Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #34

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately, another website has given his name, his brother’s name and their mother’s name. And it has included a screen-shot of brother’s FB page & brother’s police report, which is a sexual assault to a minor, and it includes his address.

ETA: I didn’t check or look for the alleged perp’s FB page nor his mother’s, but it appears that brother’s FB page has been removed from FB.

This would certainly be a huge jump from that prior charge... but we've seen strange things before.

Sorry if someone posted this and I missed this, but it’s pretty interesting that she may have been able to run out and ask for help.

“KSTP's Beth McDonough said a source reports a teenage girl is said to have walked up to a woman walking her dog in Douglas County Thursday afternoon, screaming that a man had murdered her parents.

A release from the Douglas County Sheriff's Office said Closs was located in Gordon, Wisconsin at 4:43 p.m., and a suspect was taken into custody at 4:54 p.m., also in Gordon.”

Jayme Closs located alive, suspect in custody

Such wonderful news. I wish Jayme & her family much peace, light & healing in what is sure to be an extraordinarily difficult transition time.

As a side note, I absolutely adored my aunties growing up, and it's obvious Jayme has a strong, close family of both aunties and uncles. May they find comfort in one another.

(I'm not all weepy, YOU are.)

Waking up to this news over here in the UK - wonderful! We all prayed Jayme would be alive and found one day and i'm sure she will recover in time from her ordeal as she is undoubtedly the strongest and bravest person on the planet at this moment. Sending our love and thoughts with you Jayme and to your little dog too.

We seem to have a lot of new people on here tonight. We're all really excited to have news and because most of us on here have followed the case since the beginning, we are ready for answers. However, if something (like a name) hasn't been reported in MSM or by LE we aren't allowed to talk about it here. There are lots of rumors out there but we more or less treat them as unverified until they come from official sources.

Agree. Once you see, you can't unsee. And once you hear, you cant unhear. Knowing details can really do a number on your psyche. This isn't a movie...this is a real, flesh and blood human girl who survived an horrific ordeal.

For those who are able to be more detached and clinical...please just understand that it is not clinical for Jayme, or her family. So while you may find the details interesting, and not for reasons that are nefarious, she and her family can be hurt by those details being so public, even if its just pictures of where she was held.

I appreciate your post, but you suggest that those of us that are, as you coin it ,"clinical and detached"-(which by the way is very untrue) are somehow incapable of understanding that this is a "real, flesh and blood human girl who survived a horrific ordeal"..., we get that and it is sickening and all the more reason to sleuth the crap out of this case and if that means seeing or hearing or understanding every gruesome or not detail so be it. Some of us want to know what where and when and how, as I would assume most people interested in forensics or crime would want to know. Wanting to know or "see" has nothing to do with any lack of understanding or compassion for the victim. To me, it is all about the victim. For those that wish they could "unsee" or "unknow", how the heck do you balance it all out without reviewing every single detail?? There are many facets to sleuthing a crime and nothing should be ignored. So yes, I do want to see the cabin she was held in, I want to understand the conditions, I want to know everything about the perp ..I want to know what she endured .I want to know it all, and there is nothing detached nor clinical about that.

Abducted - Find Jayme Closs

Someone will be a very happy puppy today!

On the fb page that comes up, when I clicked the above post, few posts down, a tv station was on air following the breaking news. From Wisconsin, channel 5. The reporter spoke with Jayme’s Grandfather on the phone and shared a bit of the conversation. Also, they have crews in route to the location in Douglas county. Roughly 60 miles away from Barron(spell check, sorry). On the news report, they spoke a bit about how a woman walking her dog, Jayme came running up to her. Man in custody, early 20s, he’s a suspect. Also, mentioned, during the chemical search by the dogs at the Closs home, there was a tablet found that was hidden, I had never heard that. Anyway the news report was very informative.
KSTP-TV

Last edited:
I appreciate your post, but you suggest that those of us that are, as you coin it ,"clinical and detached"-(which by the way is very untrue) are somehow incapable of understanding that this is a "real, flesh and blood human girl who survived a horrific ordeal"..., we get that and it is sickening and all the more reason to sleuth the crap out of this case and if that means seeing or hearing or understanding every gruesome or not detail so be it. Some of us want to know what where and when and how, as I would assume most people interested in forensics or crime would want to know. Wanting to know or "see" has nothing to do with any lack of understanding or compassion for the victim. To me, it is all about the victim. For those that wish they could "unsee" or "unknow", how the heck do you balance it all out without reviewing every single detail?? There are many facets to sleuthing a crime and nothing should be ignored. So yes, I do want to see the cabin she was held in, I want to understand the conditions, I want to know everything about the perp ..I want to know what she endured .I want to know it all, and there is nothing detached nor clinical about that.

Well said, couldn't agree more.

Hi! First post on this page. Have been following this case from day 1 thinking SO much about it. I just woke up (I'm in Sweden) to these news. Made this account because I just had to share that I'm so happy she was found alive! This is such a strange case and the trauma for this girl is so enormous. But it appears she has relatives that truly love her and hopefully with their support and also professional help she will heal. May the perps be put away in jail forever.

Välkommen till Websleuths, I am from Sweden too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leannamj