Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #34

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd go willingly too if the alternative is getting myself executed with my parents. JMO
At this point I don't think they would have killed her too, although she had no way of knowing that at the time. Knowing he (or they) had a gun (or guns) that had just been used made Jayme compliant imo. But if she refused to go the perp (s) would have just forcefully grabbed her anyway. He (they) came for her and wanted her alive, obviously. jmo
I'm ecstatic she has been found! Hopefully she's ok enough to go home with her family today and cuddle her little doggy, whom I'm sure will be so happy to see her!

It’s interesting that this and other articles imply that LE found Jayme through their investigation. Sounds to me like she rescued herself. Clearly, they had no idea where she was. Not a criticism, just want to give Jayme credit. What an amazing little girl!

We had the same impression. I mean, LE worked hard on this case, and did everything they could, and they deserve our thanks and gratitude.

But Jayme survived this ordeal on her own for 87 days and made her way out of it presumably on her own.

I'll always be inspired by her courage, bravery, wits, will power and strength.

I do not believe that this is the home in question (IMO).

Kenoshan News had a video of the home surrounded by police tape. It does not match the zillow page. The video has been taken down.

Jayme Closs found alive

Regards.
They took the video down! I cannot find anything. Also Douglas County inmate sight is not up. They really are keeping this one quiet wonder why so secretive.

Last edited:
There is one on Eau Claire Circle listed for sale currently though, for $124,000, on Realtor.com. Even if not related, the photos provide a visual for the area.

Yup. The street isn't on google street view, but there are or were houses for sale on the circle which you can see pictures of. They're smallish, older, inexpensive homes in a heavily wooded area.

Last edited:
Three thoughts: 1) If Jayme had gone willingly, they would have found an electronic trail, and Jayme would have known where she was (article said she didn't know where she was). Also, she probably would have been fed and clothed better. 2) There is precedent for a 20-something young man suffering from mental illness to just drive to a town some distance away, pick a house, barge in, and shoot the whole family except for one small child. I have tried and tried to remember the case, but I think it happened in the mountain west somewhere in the USA or perhaps Canada. 3) Isn't Jayme a cheerleader? There is precedent (sadly) in Kansas for a young man to stalk a cheerleader and kidnap her. In my opinion this is how the alleged perp may have known about Jayme and targeted her.

I did a little property assessment sleuthing.. Apparently there is a home in that area that you cannot see from the satellite. Its near where the Kasinskas live which are the family from the article. Also, the owner of the home (WHICH I DID NOT SLEUTH) is 32. It told me that right on the listing. -- delete if not allowed.

i'd guess the 21 year old was likely a renter or it was a family members property. These people tend not to be super high functioning and even amongst regular 21 year olds property ownership is fairly rare.

I have never been so happy to be wrong! Reading the news last night that she was found still has me stunned. Now, the real work begins. I can’t imagine what she went through and it’s going to be a long road, especially with trials dragging through the court as they are. So grateful that she has so many who love her.

It’s interesting that this and other articles imply that LE found Jayme through their investigation. Sounds to me like she rescued herself. Clearly, they had no idea where she was. Not a criticism, just want to give Jayme credit. What an amazing little girl!
I wonder about this, wondering if LE had some inkling of her being held. It would explain the lack of searches besides those two that we know of.
Still, she’s an incredibly brave girl! My post is not to minimize her trauma or bravery. God bless her! So elated she’s found alive!

That's what i'm finding a bit odd, that a 21 yr. old goes to someone's home and blows away two adults and kidnaps a teen. Wonder if he was the only one involved? But so far LE have only arrested one suspect.
I said very early on that I thought this was done by a young person. I don't think he had any intention of killing anyone intitialy but that things went horribly wrong.

Glad someone agrees. I've read details of what some of these kids who have been held captive have endured and regretted it. It felt sleazy and violative of their privacy. Even when it was in a book they wrote. I feel they shouldn't have to sell details of their suffering for money. The taxpayers should care for all their needs for life. And well.

But I know some eventually discuss details in order to inspire others to survive and to reduce the stigma of sexual assault survivors. Regardless, I will never be excited to hear what happened to someone who endures such hell. It's awful stuff.

Great post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member