Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #34

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never felt that it was a work grudge or anything else against James or Denise. I always thought that Jayme was the target.

But I also thought that Jayme being the target would increase the chance of her being alive.

I have considered that since they have someone in custody they may have them in a jail that doesn't have an online inmate roster. Washburn County is in between Douglas and Barron counties and as far as I can tell there is no online roster.

Or they haven’t yet booked the suspect, are transferring them directly to Barron to be booked, or are keeping the name on the down-low while they round up others, or...

I can think of quite a few reasons why LE/MSM may be keeping back the name, OR we’re barking up the wrong tree regarding the suspect (age)...

Last edited:
I have a gut feeling that Zillow is like Facebook in the sense of properties. The property is still up on other websites.

My guess is they want it off market so they don't get inundated with calls from vultures.

Just a note on Zillow. I was looking at homes a couple of years ago and found that Zillow was terrible.
Properties would still be listed and stay listed even though they were sold. I do not think they update often, maybe they do now but we ended up sticking with Realtor.com

Yes. Eau Claire is French for Clearwater. Lots of water in Wisconsin. Early French explorers and fur trappers led to a lot of French naming, La Crosse, Fond du Lac, St. Croix. Marquette Univ. named for the 17th century French missionary and explorer Fr Jacques Marquette.

I can't believe how close she was - right up the Hwy 53.

Praise God!!!

Wasnt she found 70 miles away from her home? No wonder they couldn't find Jayme. That is like looking for a needle in a haystack and never knowing the haystack isnt even close by but 70 miles away!

It was a miracle she finally got the opportunity to escape.

I'm so happy for sweet Jayme and her love ones. Their prayers were answered and so were all of ours.

I have such happiness knowing Jayme is alive yet sadness overwhelms me as well.

Jim and Denise should be there to welcome their baby girl home and it breaks my heart they never got that chance.

I always have believed they were murdered in cold blood because they would both have fought to their death protecting precious Jayme.

In all of the happiness there is so much heartbreak as well knowing two good loving parents were killed in cold blood through no fault of their own. They must never be forgotten.

I am sure Jayme's strong faith in God sustained her during the time of her agonizing ordeal.

Imo she clung to the hope if she could escape one day she would be the one to see her parents got justice for being cruelly murdered.

It does bother me greatly about the trauma Jayme has had to endure.

It's very troublesome that several were seen coming in and out of the home where she had been held captive.

It gives me chilling flashbacks of the Holly Bobo case where many men were coming in and out of Zach Adam's home during the time he had kidnapped her.

The motive was to sexually assault Jayme. Unfortunately for so many that is always the motivating factor including cases where other victims inside the home were killed before leaving with the kidnapped child or children.

I just saw a case somewhat similiar to Jayme's case on ID. A man came inside a home getting the three very young girls to go with him and they left with him. He raped one of the young girls right in front of the other two. He wound up murdering both of their parents and 2 little brothers who were inside of their home.

Thankfully when he left the 3 young girls alone in the woods they did not stay where he told them to stay and were saved. Imo he was planning on returning to rape again and imo he would have then murdered them all. He was a neighbor. So murdering victims in order to rape a victim is more common than some may think.

At this time though I'm not sure this suspect knew this family personally. They certainly dont have to know the victims to carry out something like this and ID true crime cases sadly shows that doesn't have to be the case.

Praying for Jayme and all of her relieved elated family!!

Jmo

Just a note on Zillow. I was looking at homes a couple of years ago and found that Zillow was terrible.
Properties would still be listed and stay listed even though they were sold. I do not think they update often, maybe they do now but we ended up sticking with Realtor.com

ITA. Not only that, but in this particular case, they have the same photo(s) up for different properties :(. It’s a very unreliable source of information.

Anytime I try these sites it say, "this site can't be reached" Not sure why but will keep trying. When do you think he would be extradited to Barron? I would think that would be the course since that's where the murders and kidnapping happened.

I think he will be charged with crimes in Douglas as will. Murder and abduction in Barron, but imprisonment and a list of other charges will mostly be brought up in Douglas so I think an he will be not be moved until after a hearing or two.. The investigators have all the time they need before filing any murder charges because he will not be going anywhere and he is available for unlimited questioning at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23