Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #34

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well looks like the earlier gossip was correct. Jake Patterson. From what I have gathered his parents are divorced. And if him and his brother were living in the house after parents moved out ... I believe his brother moved away. Brother has a record for sexual assault (from a few years ago). From what I can gather if Jake had a FB page it has already been removed.

does anyone know how to check archival site for if he had a FB? I'm pretty out of the loop on those.

Anytime I try these sites it say, "this site can't be reached" Not sure why but will keep trying. When do you think he would be extradited to Barron? I would think that would be the course since that's where the murders and kidnapping happened.

There's no point in trying over and over. A lot of US government sites for things like this are blocked to access outside of the USA (or North America, I don't know exactly the level of the block, only that it exists). I'm just saying this so that you don't waste hope and time thinking it might come back later...it won't.

What is an "incel"?

Wiki:

Incels (a portmanteau of involuntary celibates) are members of an online subculture[1][2] who define themselves as unable to find a romantic or sexual partner despite desiring one, a state they describe as inceldom.[3] Self-identified incels are largely white and are almost exclusively male heterosexuals.[4][5][6]

Discussions in incel forums are often characterized by resentment, misanthropy,[1] self-pity,[7] self-loathing,[8] misogyny,[9] racism,[9] a sense of entitlement to sex, and the endorsement of violence against sexually active people.[5][6][10][11][9] The Southern Poverty Law Center described the subculture as "part of the online male supremacist ecosystem" that is included in their list of hate groups.[12][13]

At least four mass murders, resulting in 45 deaths, have been committed in North America by people who have either self-identified as incels or who had mentioned incel-related names and writings in their private writings or Internet postings. Incel communities have been criticized by the media and researchers for being misogynistic, encouraging violence, as well as spreading extremist views and radicalizing their members.[2][4][14][15]

OMG staaaaahp. She was absolutely elated and full of happy tears and excitement. She couldn’t contain her happiness. I’m sure the school will have counselors, school psychologists were mentioned once or twice. This woman obviously cares, A LOT.
Give these people a break! They have been through a trauma too and their adrenaline is soaring.
Seriously you guys, lay off LE and the superintendent!

Amen! It's so rare that someone is found alive, I can't believe there's so much scrutiny over LE and the super and how they are acting. I'm just thrilled to be here, reading this and to know that the perp is behind bars.

Surprised at all the negativity about LE. This is a fluke crime without much of any evidence, YES, Jayme is the one who escaped and saved herself. LE was so emotionally attached this case, I give them all the credit in the world for never giving up. They are overwhelmed with joy I do not see it as them patting themselves on the back. Please remember that most of us thought she was probably deceased and this is an amazingly positive experience. just saying I am going to focus on the positive IMO
I agree 100%
Guys n gals, the pressure that LE was under was immense, In particular Sheriff Fitz
He wouldn’t have had much sleep or relaxation over the last 3 months and I bet his family time was severely impacted. Unless you have been in charge of an investigation such as this ( I have ) and you understand the work that goes on behind the scenes along with the worry et al then you cannot possibly imagine the toll it takes. Honestly, it personally ages you as an SIO and you get I’ll with stress if you’re not careful. So I think LE are entitled to show jubilation and give one another a pat on the back for the work they undertook tireslessly and their personal sacrifices made to their own family and health .
Having said all that , Jayme Closs is one remarkable young lady and deserves all the credit in the world . We are all soooo happy to see her alive but let’s nit forget, amongst the elation, she still has no parents to love and hold her and this along with the trauma of whatever occurred during the last few months will take a lot of mental strength for her to get through . And just to finish , now LEs work really gets hard as they now have to collect and develop all the evidence in a secure and professional manner so that they can prosecute this creep and ensure that he is never released . So we shall move onto other cases but Jaymes and LE both have a ton of hard work facing them, albeit in different ways .
I’m so happy she’s free and I always believed she was still alive because of the lack of sightings etc . But here in the U.K. , I still woke my 12 year old twins up at stupid o’clock to tell them that Jayme had been found alive . So thankful for such a miracle today x

SOMEONE needs to take Sheriff Fitzgerald aside and tell him to knock it down about 10 pegs. He cannot present himself this way at 4pm.

He was definitely keyed up but I certainly understand why. This has probably been a life consuming job for him since the murders took place. His voice was nearly gone from yesterday’s events and I doubt he had any sleep.

A very personal case for everyone in that small community.

Just watched the press conference. Wow. What a twisted and tragic story with a happy ending for Jayme. From what I read, the suspect was living in the house he grew up in. His parents moved out and allowed him to continue to live in the house. He was unemployed. WHO has been supporting him?? His parents?? He had to have some money coming in. Was his brother also living there? I also read a family member had a cabin up in that area. Maybe this is where he discovered Jayme. All of this will eventually come out. I wonder if any other arrests will be made. Especially if someone else lived in the house. He inactivated all his social media....under the radar....he KNEW exactly what he did. Well, I know Wisconsin doesn't have the death penalty, so he will have his permanent home in prison. Jayme has a great family support system and I know they will protect her into adulthood. Lives have forever been changed because of this evil idiot man. He has no conscious....PERIOD.

"A neighbor says she and her husband had problems years ago with the man suspected of kidnapping a Wisconsin teenager and killing her parents.

Authorities announced Friday that they arrested 21-year-old Jake Thomas Patterson on Thursday on suspicion of kidnapping 13-year-old Jayme Closs and killing her parents at their home near Barron in October. Investigators say Jayme escaped from a cabin in the town of Gordon where Patterson was holding her Thursday.

Patterson has no criminal history in Wisconsin. Daphne Ronning told the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel that Patterson's parents moved to Gordon about 15 years ago.

She says the parents later moved away but Patterson and his brother continued to use the home. She says she and her husband once caught them siphoning gas. She says her husband spoke with them and they didn't have any further problems.

Ronning says she didn't know Patterson was living in the house and hadn't seen Jayme around."

He was arrested in his car just down the street. I wonder, was he just returning to the house? Or was he out looking for her? If he had pulled up just as she was running up to the woman with the dog.......

Jayme told the woman she had been taken and that someone had killed her parents, Kasinskas said. “She didn’t express any fear fear,” Kasinskas said. “She didn’t say that she was afraid this person was coming after her.”

The two women waited with Jayme for about 30 minutes for police to arrive.
The suspect was taken into custody about 10 minutes later. Jayme was able to tell them what car to look for, Kasinskas said.

Missing WI 13-year-old Jayme Closs found alive; suspect arrested

So perhaps he had a room within a room? to conceal her? if this is the same house that neighbors reported people coming and going - how else would they not know she was there?

If links are accurate, the cabin was pretty small. Perhaps he had some kind of underground cellar w/ trap door?

why? It’s an emotional and happy day! For everyone .. even people like us who didn’t know Jayme. I’m happy about it and I’ve been smiling ear to ear about it. Skipping around too... Even the FBI agent was finally smiling.. ITS THE BEST DAY EVER! :D

His elation was genuine. They all worked hard. LE never wants this type of horrindous crime to happen in their community.

I feel he needs to reign it in some. That’s all. I’m sure those guys standing behind him were a tad bit nervous he was going to give info he shouldn’t.

What does incel stand for?
Incel stands for "involuntary celibate" – the name assumed by deeply misogynistic men who believe women are to blame for their lack of sexual intimacy. Incels often believe women should be verbally shamed and, in extreme, physically punished with sexual assault, rape or disfigurement. Coming together on internet communities such as Reddit, "incels" categorise society into two camps, the "Chads" (attractive men) and "femoids" or "Stacys" (attractive women who the Chads find attractive).

He was definitely keyed up but I certainly understand why. This has probably been a life consuming job for him since the murders took place. His voice was nearly gone from yesterday’s events and I doubt he had any sleep.

A very personal case for everyone in that small community.

Imagine our elation in the WS community and then amp up the volume by several notches....I think that's about an accurate description of the community in Barron...I can imagine Fitzgerald's elation being more intense since everything went cold with not a clue in sight. I think in a way, it's a sense of relief, as no one knew whether it was random or not and had to go through a day watching their backs 24/7.

Paul Blume on Twitter
Here is mugshot. Jake Thomas Patterson behind bars in the Barron Co jail. Sheriff says #JaymeCloss absolutely was his target.
View attachment 163704

He is almost 6 foot, he is young, but he looks like a bigger guy. He could very easily intimidate a young, petite, 13 year old girl.
She was so brave to escape. The courage she must have built up to do so is telling of her character.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam