Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #34

Status
Not open for further replies.
oaqk4zp8pt921.jpg

full released photo

Scott Bauer on Twitter
A woman who called 911 to report that a missing 13-year-old Wisconsin girl had been found says the girl told her that the man arrested in the case "killed my parents and took me." KK told @AP that Jayme Closs said she didn't know why she was targeted.

Scott Bauer on Twitter
A 21-year-old Gordon man, Jake Thomas Patterson, was arrested on homicide and kidnapping charges KK says she doesn't really know Patterson even though he lives three doors down from her. She says she taught him middle school science but only remembers that he was quiet.

BBM and name changed to initials
Poor Jayme. I am so happy but yet so heartbroken when I think about what she has had to and will continue to endure. She missed thanksgiving and Christmas with her family and lost her parents forever and may never understand why.

It’s early but I agree, he seems like a classic incel. I wish the government would say what a threat there is from extremists in this country, but they sure like to keep it buttoned up. Same kind of guys who join Isis, just a different ideology and not considered a threat.

FTR imo, in my studies I have been noticing similarities between these types of individuals and random/mass shooters. Jmo.

Wow wow wow wow wow wow! Just heard the news on the radio. This is not what I expected in this case (but was a dim, hopeful hope). Wow.

I don't know any of the details yet - about to catch up with the discussion, but had to express my "WOW!" response and also express sincere wishes for a smooth and loving recovery from this horrible ordeal.

For those who are criticizing law enforcement's comments at the press conference, unless you have been in their shoes please don't. In this day and age, LE is criticized harshly for basically doing their job. And rarely do they receive acknowledgement for the incredible sacrifices they make. It is appropriate for them to acknowledge and support each other, and IMO that is what they were doing at the PC. Not as a "Hey, we're great, and we solved this case on our own" kind of thing, but as a demonstration of respect and acknowledgement to each other for the tremendous efforts they have all put forth for Jayme. The Thin Blue Line brotherhood understands the toll a case like this takes on an LEO, and IMO they are simply acknowledging the endless hours, sleepless nights, unbelievably high frustration, and frankly, totally unexpected glorious outcome. The fact that they did this does not take away from anyone else. It does not change or diminish the fact that Jayme was her own hero. LE sees an inordinate amount of tragedy, heartbreak, and darkness throughout their careers. No one requests LE because they are having a good day. Allow them this brief time of light. And please remember that while Jayme's case has come to the conclusion that everyone has been hoping and praying for, all of these LE professionals are likely currently working on multiple cases that will not. If they read these threads, and some of them probably do, your words serve no purpose but to hurt and discourage. They need and deserve our support and encouragement. Please.
Thank you!

What we know about the suspect in the kidnapping of Jayme Closs
Here’s what we know about him:

• Patterson is a 21-year-old from Gordon, Wisconsin, about 70 miles north of Barron, not far from where Jayme lived with her parents.

• Patterson was taken into custody Thursday after the girl gave investigators a description of his vehicle, according to Douglas County Sheriff Tom Dalbec. A short time later, a patrol officer found a vehicle that matched the description and pulled it over. Patterson was arrested down the road from his home outside Gordon. He did not appear to be looking for Jayme, Dalbec said.

• He’s being held in the Barron County Jail. He faces two counts of first-degree intentional homicide in the killings of Jayme’s parents, James and Denise Closs, and one count of kidnapping, Barron County Sheriff Chris Fitzgerald told reporters.

• Patterson “planned his actions and took many proactive steps to hide his identity from law enforcement and the general public,” Fitzgerald said.

• Fitzgerald said investigators believe Jayme was Patterson’s target and that the suspect had no earlier contact with her family.

• Patterson had “zero” criminal history locally or in Wisconsin, Fitzgerald said. Authorities are not looking for any additional suspects.

• He’s unemployed, Fitzgerald said, and lives in a remote area outside Gordon.

Wiki:

Incels (a portmanteau of involuntary celibates) are members of an online subculture[1][2] who define themselves as unable to find a romantic or sexual partner despite desiring one, a state they describe as inceldom.[3] Self-identified incels are largely white and are almost exclusively male heterosexuals.[4][5][6]

Discussions in incel forums are often characterized by resentment, misanthropy,[1] self-pity,[7] self-loathing,[8] misogyny,[9] racism,[9] a sense of entitlement to sex, and the endorsement of violence against sexually active people.[5][6][10][11][9] The Southern Poverty Law Center described the subculture as "part of the online male supremacist ecosystem" that is included in their list of hate groups.[12][13]

At least four mass murders, resulting in 45 deaths, have been committed in North America by people who have either self-identified as incels or who had mentioned incel-related names and writings in their private writings or Internet postings. Incel communities have been criticized by the media and researchers for being misogynistic, encouraging violence, as well as spreading extremist views and radicalizing their members.[2][4][14][15]

Interestingly enough, there is currently an incel who is looking for funding for a movie he is filming, on a crowdsource funding site. In this movie a man, desperate for love, kidnaps a woman, raping her and holding her against her will. Eventually she falls in love with him because she sees what a wonderful man he is and that he became who he is through rejection by women.
It would not surprise me if Jayme's kidnapper subscribes to this line of thinking.
And yes, I flagged that account and pleaded with the website to remove the movie and not allow donations for it. So far they've one nothing.

Last edited:
For those who are criticizing law enforcement's comments at the press conference, unless you have been in their shoes please don't. In this day and age, LE is criticized harshly for basically doing their job. And rarely do they receive acknowledgement for the incredible sacrifices they make. It is appropriate for them to acknowledge and support each other, and IMO that is what they were doing at the PC. Not as a "Hey, we're great, and we solved this case on our own" kind of thing, but as a demonstration of respect and acknowledgement to each other for the tremendous efforts they have all put forth for Jayme. The Thin Blue Line brotherhood understands the toll a case like this takes on an LEO, and IMO they are simply acknowledging the endless hours, sleepless nights, unbelievably high frustration, and frankly, totally unexpected glorious outcome. The fact that they did this does not take away from anyone else. It does not change or diminish the fact that Jayme was her own hero. LE sees an inordinate amount of tragedy, heartbreak, and darkness throughout their careers. No one requests LE because they are having a good day. Allow them this brief time of light. And please remember that while Jayme's case has come to the conclusion that everyone has been hoping and praying for, all of these LE professionals are likely currently working on multiple cases that will not. If they read these threads, and some of them probably do, your words serve no purpose but to hurt and discourage. They need and deserve our support and encouragement. Please.
If they do read it, I hope it will give them pause to their behavior in the future. Learning a lesson isn't a bad thing. No one is trashing them like some are acting like. They just needed to tone down their self congratulating schtick, Nothing more, nothing less.

Interestingly enough, there is currently an incel who is looking for funding for a movie he is filming, on a crowdsource funding site. In this movie a man, desperate for love, kidnaps a woman, raping her and holding her against her will.

Sidebarring: This movie should not be made, like, at all. This is disturbing on so many levels. WTF is wrong with people?

Yep. At the time, no one could fathom that the suspect might have no connection to the family. I'm ashamed to say I really thought the father must have somehow been involved. There was no family connection at all. They lived close to the interstate highway, and that was the only reason.
It horrified me that he spotted them out playing in a kiddie pool. He is that sick that he killed all but one of an entire family. He would have eventually killed her, had she not been spotted. In the Petite case, he spotted the mom and youngest daughter in a parking lot. It happens more than we know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong