Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #34

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really wondering what the family dynamic is with his family? He held her captive over the course of Thanksgiving & Christmas, two occasions where, even at 21 years old, he would probably be expected to make some contact or visitation with his family.

If he did have contact for the holidays, I'd love to hear what they found his demeanor to be.

I have a theory but it is just that, a theory. And bare with me because I may seem like I am saying jayme had a part in it but 100% am NOT saying that.
My theory is that is was somewhat like the dede Blanchard case - expect jayme wasn't being tortured but just complained about normal teenage/ parent struggles. Perhaps she met this man online and vented to him about not having the freedom she wanted to or something, so he decided to take it into his own hands and "free" her from her parents.
Again, I do not think she actually wanted her parents dead and I am NOT saying he thought he was saving her, I think he was obsessed with her and sick.
I am so happy Jayme is safe but my heart breaks for her and the pain she has been going through and will continue to go through. Prayers that she is able to heal.

I don't think we have enough information yet, on if there was any sort of "relationship". I though the police ruled out any online relationship? Perhaps I'm wrong.

Yep. At the time, no one could fathom that the suspect might have no connection to the family. I'm ashamed to say I really thought the father must have somehow been involved. There was no family connection at all. They lived close to the interstate highway, and that was the only reason.

I am keeping my mind open on this. As far as they know, there was no connection. Since there are many things they do not know yet, who knows. He does have a Barron County connection, anything is possible. I am guessing that they have nothing outright that shows them that but it also said he went out of his way to hide his identity to them...? He had to have seen them somehwere, could have been at home or elsewhere... Unless he found her online and then stalked her etc. Not putting this perfect, but he knew somehow this girl lived here.... He got past cops. He apparently planned and plotted... Hard to say the family did not encounter him somewhere. Just thinking that offhand the family did not know the name or know of any "friendship" or connection to the Closses. I hope we get these answers. If he lawyers up or if Jayme does not know (from the perp), we may never know...

If they do read it, I hope it will give them pause to their behavior in the future. Learning a lesson isn't a bad thing. No one is trashing them like some are acting like. They just needed to tone down their self congratulating schtick, Nothing more, nothing less.

I agree. Their self-congratulation drew a lot of ire in my other true crime forums, it rubbed a lot of people the wrong way. It’s an opportunity for them to reflect on how they came across and if they would do it differently in the future.

Anyway they are public servants, they can handle public scrutiny and criticism. We act like someone writing they “didn’t like when LE did X” here, on this site, is going to damage the future of justice. It won’t. It’s just opinions.

Missing teen Jayme Closs helped lead authorities to the man accused of kidnapping her and killing her parents - CNN
"(In cases like this) we need a big break, and it was Jayme herself who gave us the break," FBI Special Agent Justin Tolomeo told reporters Friday during a news conference in Jayme's Wisconsin hometown of Barron.

Investigators now believe Patterson killed Jayme's parents -- James Closs, 56, and Denise Closs, 46 -- at their home in October and abducted Jayme, and that it appears he went there with the precise intention of taking the girl, Barron County Sheriff Chris Fitzgerald said.

A motive -- and whether Patterson and the Closs family knew each other -- remains under investigation, authorities said.

"She said to us that, 'This person killed my parents and took me,'" KK told CNN's Poppy Harlow.

"She said that this person usually hides her or hides her when others are near, or when he has to leave the household. She did not go into detail about how she got out of the house or anything like that."

If this is about that account with a name like barron hunter or something- that's just a troll. Reddit knows who the user is and it is not this guy. Just someone trying to get attention. This was discussed previously on this thread.

Thanks man. He was just very specific and positioned wild hypotheticals that seemed more than random

I try to keep up on here, but it moves so fast and then life gets in the way.

You struthers are insanely awesome though. Idk how yall do it, but you constantly amaze me (and confuse me sometimes lol).

Most importantly, SOOO glad Jayme was found/is a little badass who fought to survive.

Me too, Cody. And they better not make us wait until trial. I want to know today at 4 pm, dang it! :p
MOO
Do you remember the name of the dance studio she took lessons at? I'd like to see if there's any businesses around there that could be a clue. There was some "talk" on a social media site of a prior place of employment for JTP. Obviously rumor, not confirmed.

Wow, just watched the press conference and you can tell everyone is so happy that Jayme is safe. I so wish the media would just leave town and let these people hoot, holler and enjoy this moment. For Jayme, she's finally safe; for her family they have that missing piece of their family back; and for the community they can breath a sigh of relief that a monster is taken off the streets. It felt like you could almost reach out and touch the joy in that conference.

THANK GOD! And thanks to all of the hard working Law enforcement agencies in the State of Wisconsin. After all of the searches and speculation, she is finally safe and will be brought home, amidst her family and friends and all who love her. So rarely are horrid situations like this, ever solved. It is a testament to those of us who held out hope, that sometimes our prayers are answered.

Evan Frost on Twitter
Just checked in with Barron schools bus driver Amy Stone, who put a tree in her yard to honor Jayme. Says it’s staying up until she knows Jayme is home and all she heard on the bus this morning was “they found Jayme!” The kids are happy. #jaymecloss @MPRnews

DwpemLCX0Akij1r.jpg

DwpemLBWoAAEL5G.jpg

Evan Frost on Twitter
Says her 10-year-old has been struggling over the past weeks and that it “didn’t even feel like Christmas.” Her son wore green to school for Jayme today. #JaymeCloss

Wow, just watched the press conference and you can tell everyone is so happy that Jayme is safe. I so wish the media would just leave town and let these people hoot, holler and enjoy this moment. For Jayme, she's finally safe; for her family they have that missing piece of their family back; and for the community they can breath a sigh of relief that a monster is taken off the streets. It felt like you could almost reach out and touch the joy in that conference.

It's thanks to the news media that the woman knew who she was, and that the entire state and perhaps country was looking for her. I'll take the publicity any day if it's me and my family.

Ohhhh, I am getting an incredible incel vibe from this guy. And that whole culture? Talk about a cesspool of the darkest belly of the internet. Really really disturbing.

I have to cut LE a break. Likely they've been awake since yesterday morning, they're cruising on three gallons of coffee and Snickers bars and adrenaline and it's one of the exceedingly rare cases that they found a live kidnap victim.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
L1752