Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #35

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do people think there has to be some sort of family tie or link? Abductors usually have zero ties. Simple he had a plan to kidnap a girl just link the hundreds of previous abductors before him. He very Most likely had been cruising around in a different town to find his prey. The further away from where he lived the better. LE already confirmed there were no links. Predators who plan a kidnap, always pick people that have zero ties with as it means they will never be under the radar. I am certain Jake confirmed he had no ties with the Closs this in his first interrogation with LE. This explains why police said he covered his tracks and the lack of links.

What most likely happened? He wanted an young girl for his keep. He went cruising around schools saw her walking alone from school, stalked her and found out where she lived and more about her family. He put his plan into action that fateful night.

Nothing really strange about this just a typical abduction. I guess we will see when everything comes to light
Because the sheriff said she was the target. If she was the target he had to know who she was beforehand. If he knew who she was then there had to be some prior contact.

You don't have to take care of a rural cabin IMO. All you have to do is make sure everything is shut off for winter and locked up, then turn it all back on in the spring.

Where I lived in MN, banks did zero for houses that were foreclosed.My daughter sold a darling house and then the buyers were foreclosed. The bank let the pipes explode and the next buyers got a deal. They explode from freezing

I ran into some people while walking and they said that the house next door which was incredibly expensive had gone into foreclosure and the bank let the pipes there explode as well

Interesting tidbit in the link about the ownership of the house transferring from Patterson's father to a credit union shortly after the kidnapping. Was it foreclosed on or sold? How did JTP manage to continue living there, with Jayme, for over two more months?

It can take many months for a bank repossession. As in 6m-2y depending on how many houses are on their list. Generally speaking, banks leave the previous owners to live there until it comes up on their lists to be addressed next. They then issue eviction and change the locks. It’s better / safer to have the home owner there for free vs leaving it empty when they don’t have the resources to immediately address it (ie; winterize, etc.)

Does Wisconsin have the DP? Would this be a DP case?

Premeditated murder x 2
Kidnap
Defer on other charges...

Or he could just plead, and get LWOP. Shudder.

Hey, he could be buddies with Chris Watts, who is currently in Wisconsin Prison.

Premeditated murder x 2
Kidnap

Hey, he could be buddies with Chris Watts, who is currently in Wisconsin Prison.
No death penalty in Wisconsin.

Hopefully he eventually pleads guilty to all of this.

Jayme has been through enough. She doesn’t need to be revictimized by a trial.

It says that was 3yrs ago and he only worked 1 day, then quit. Jayme would’ve been 10. Surely, it’s coincidence? That is a freaky bit of info though. jmo
Working at the plant, even for one day, indicates he was in the area. For the moment, I'm making the assumption he lived in the Barron area and perhaps had noticed Jayme not because he worked at the plant for one day three years ago but because he lived in the area three years ago. Speculation, not fact.
jmo

Because the sheriff said she was the target. If she was the target he had to know who she was beforehand. If he knew who she was then there had to be some prior contact.
But not necessarily initiated by her or known to her. She was a dancer. She also has a picture in a cheer uniform. Not sure if they are one in the same in WI but he could have seen her at a dance/cheer function and just started fixating on her. She would be clueless to it all.

I wondered the same thing. And hasn't it been posted that the house was on the market (just recently taken off)? How could that be? Did the credit union take possession of it and put it on the market without ever looking at it and seeing that someone lived there? Was JTP basically squatting in an empty, abandoned house? This guy really lucked out.

Yeah, it sounds like the dad couldn't/wouldn't make payments anymore and transferred title back over to the lender. The son just stayed and waited to be evicted by the lender. Yeah, sort-of lucky, but a house under a 100K is not going to be a high priority. Especially when it's winter and, presumably, no maintenance.

I highly doubt the Closses had anything to do with someone who worked for the same factory they worked in for one day. It's a smallish city and Jennie-O is a big employer. I am sure lots of people come and go there.

It says that was 3yrs ago and he only worked 1 day, then quit. Jayme would’ve been 10. Surely, it’s coincidence? That is a freaky bit of info though. jmo

I doubt he'd come across Jayme's parents with these statistics. I was thinking maybe Jenny O had a couple of hundred employees.. Lol

About Jennie-O Turkey Store
Jennie-O Turkey Store is one of the largest turkey processors and marketers in the world. We employ over 7000 people, operate 7 processing plants, 175 growing and breeder farms, 8 feed mills, and 3 hatcheries. Our team is the leader in the turkey industry because we are the best at managing all segments of our supply chain from the consumers’ eating

I’m sure these inspections are supposed to happen, but I once walked into an animal hoarding case where the bank that had foreclosed on a property had no idea that the previous owner’s former tenant just never moved and had continued to squat there, rent-free, for 6 or 8 months with 3 dozen cats. It happens.

I think it happens a LOT. I have seen the same with businesses they just let go to total ruin.... Not the owner, the bank and their "company" who is probably supposed to take care of same...

Maybe the credit union was letting him stay there in return for him being a "care-taker" while they had it on the market? But it would sure be risky to keep the girl locked up there if there was always the possibility of a prospective buying coming by. But maybe since it was fall/winter, the market is dead.

I’m sure the market is very bad this time of year. All financial institutions would have their own policies. Where I worked, we would never have allowed someone to stay there as a caretaker. First there is the possibility they will trash the place. Second there is the liability issue. JMO

I’m sure these inspections are supposed to happen, but I once walked into an animal hoarding case where the bank that had foreclosed on a property had no idea that the previous owner’s former tenant just never moved and had continued to squat there, rent-free, for 6 or 8 months with 3 dozen cats. It happens.

Some financial institutions just seem to always be behind. They don’t care for their assets as they should. SMH, they set up prime locations for crime. JMO

Slightly o/t, I’ll never forget all the people cheering, welcoming home Amanda, Gina and Michelle (definitely worth a watch):

(PS: Going to rest after an emotional all-nighter but I have no doubt you guys will be able to tell me what this eats for breakfast by the time I wake up!)

Love you guys!!)

Premeditated murder x 2
Kidnap

No death penalty... which is odd... for people that love to hunt...

If he’s in prison in Wisconsin... don’t know where he ends up... why would he not get killed in about 6 months inside...

If your in for life, what are they going to do, serve u worse food...and tack on 20 yrs..

He won’t last long in general population.<modsnip>..

Last edited by a moderator:
IMO, I don't think his single day at Jenny O three years ago has anything to do with this. Rather, it's the fact that he used to live there. He may not have seen the Closses 3 years ago, but at some point, while visiting old acquaintances or family in Barron, he saw Jayme. It could have been just last summer. Or it could have been just a couple of weeks prior to taking her.

You don't have to take care of a rural cabin IMO. All you have to do is make sure everything is shut off for winter and locked up, then turn it all back on in the spring.
I don't really think it's a ''cabin', at least not what I picture a cabin to be. It's value is $100,000 two bedrooms on 2 1/2 acres. Until a few years ago it was a permanent residence where the family lived. I'm just posting this so people don't get the idea it is a clapboard shack in the woods. This is just my opinion based on research I've put together myself. Not a place to me you would suspect or choose to be a hideout for a kidnapped child. Thank goodness it wasn't a shack in the middle of the the woods and it had people close.

Concerning the loss of her parents, I can understand what she's going through. I lost my brother when we were 17 and I think about him all the time, even to this day. It's a heartbreaking experience and is agonizing to live with. On top of the abduction and being held prisoner (and it doesn't take a genius to work out that he very likely raped her), I cannot even begin to fathom what's going through her head. The angels are looking down on you, Jayme.

Dear Earth,

It saddens my heart to hear of your great loss of your brother at such a young age. My hope is that the wonderful memories you will always have of him will make you smile from time to time.

It's evident that "the Angels are looking down on you" as well with your great compassion and kindness flowing throughout your message.

Your brother's light will always shine in your heart and those of your family.

I have to wonder if he may have had some type of employment at her school at some point. For his age, maybe a custodian. Saw Jayme frequently as he worked, became infatuated. Wouldn’t have been hard to pull her emergency card or written info if he worked into the evening when most have gone home.

I have the assumption, that if he worked a day at the turkey-o plant, but quit due to “moving,” that he at least knew someone in Barron who is was staying with 3 years ago. Perhaps couch surfing and out wore his welcome? He knows or is related to someone in the town. How that crosses with Jayme, I do not know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member