This Could Be the Break

Originally posted by Imon
(from PMPT) "...Trujillo ended up using a different, simpler method and lifted one partial print."
Was the partial print ever matched to anyone?
____
IMO

The book doesn't say and I've never read any other things about it. Sure hope they checked. The book made it sound as if the superglue test was to be conducted in a tent-type situation, but that Trujillo simplified it. My guess is that it wasn't matched up to any know suspect or if it was, LE has kept mum about it. I hope it's the latter. ;)

Betcha the print was matched to one of the Ramseys. If it wasn't, it would've been included in the Ramseys' famous EVIDENCE OF AN INTRUDER list.

I wonder from where on the body the print was lifted.
____
IMO

You're right, Ivy...RST would have been all over it. For some reason, I think the print was lifted from JB's leg.

Ramsey fingerprints on most items or parts of JBR's body wouldn't mean much, but a stranger's prints sure might. I've wondered why the cops took the black sheet metal listed in the evidence inventory. Anyone see other inventory items that might have held fingerprints?

imo=in maxi's opinion

Imon128 said:
The book doesn't say and I've never read any other things about it. Sure hope they checked. The book made it sound as if the superglue test was to be conducted in a tent-type situation, but that Trujillo simplified it. My guess is that it wasn't matched up to any know suspect or if it was, LE has kept mum about it. I hope it's the latter. ;)

I don't know how it could have been simplified. To do superglue fuming properly, you must have a confined space. I suppose it is possible it was done in a small closed room, but it would take a lot of superglue and it would be all over everything in the room. And as we all know, superglue doesn't come off once its on.

A quick primer on superglue fuming:

A solution of cyanoacrylate (the major ingredient in superglue) is placed in a metal dish. This solution is then heated to the boiling point to allow the fumes to disperse. The fumes then adhere to all surfaces being fumed. It is possible to see the differences in depth from the oils deposited by a fingerprint. It works very well where traditional fingerprint methods are not possible. (Traditional methods include using fingerprint powders and lifting the print, and stains such as ninhydrin or methyl black which chemically react with the proteins in the oils of the fingerprint)

Remember it has been a while since I've done any forensic stuff. And I only had one class on it where we did everything except DNA type stuff in that class. I would have liked more, but I couldn't take them.

I have no idea how it could have been simplified, either. I just posted what PMPT said, per the autopsy readings there. Trujillo was being guided by an outsider and must have changed his mind for some reason or person, it sounds like. He did get a partial print, per PMPT. That's all I've read about it that I could share.

Trujillo did indeed lift a partial print from JonBenet's thigh using the superglue method. I don't believe that he simplified it and as far as who the fingerprint belonged to...only LE knows and they aint talkin.

Since the case is going nowhere...why hasn't the DA's office consider undoing the knots on the garrote and looking for more evidence?

Toltec, my guess is that now that the mystery DNA has been entered into the database, Wood is satisfied and has told Keenan there's no need to "investigate" further. Also, I doubt Wood and the Ramseys would want to call attention to the ligature knot and the fact that only fibers indistinguishable from Patsy's jacket fibers were found in it.

Babcat said:
I never ceases to astound me as to what lengths people will go to hold on to an erroneous belief ... no matter what. Who exactly are you trying to convince? Others... or yourself? :rolleyes:

I'll crawl back into my cave now.

Bahahahahahahaha--- .:clap:

Get the hell outta that cave and continue to post Happy to see ya Babs :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Lifting a partial print doesn't mean that the print is usable. It may have been smudged or otherwise flawed so that no comparison was possible.

I believe if there was a print on JonBenét's thigh that matched a family member it would have been used against that person as evidence of their complicity in her sexual assault and/or death.

I also believe that if there was a clear, usuable print that could not be identified it would have been strong physical evidence of an intruder/killer, and therefore would have been used by Smit to that advantage in his presentations.

LovelyPigeon said:
Lifting a partial print doesn't mean that the print is usable. It may have been smudged or otherwise flawed so that no comparison was possible.

I believe if there was a print on JonBenét's thigh that matched a family member it would have been used against that person as evidence of their complicity in her sexual assault and/or death.

I also believe that if there was a clear, usuable print that could not be identified it would have been strong physical evidence of an intruder/killer, and therefore would have been used by Smit to that advantage in his presentations.

Not necessarily so LP...If Patsy's fingerprint was found inside of JonBenet's thigh than that could be easily explained away...Patsy changing JB's panties or wiping her after she went potty.

There are no legal standards for "matching" a fingerprint. Some societies and courts require different numbers of points of comparison.

I don't believe any partial fingerprint was obtained: where is that discussed?

I know a partial palm print was obtained, that has not been matched to anyone.

Toth said:
I know a partial palm print was obtained, that has not been matched to anyone.
You wouldn't by chance be refering to the palm print on the door in the basement which has now been matched to Melinda, now would you Toth?

It's certainly a grey area. It has been suggested that the palmprint is Melinda's and neither confirmed or denied by those in the know.

Perhaps if Fox go to court, we might find out?

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/738343/posts

Excerpt:

Investigators also said a palm print on the door leading to the wine cellar is that of Melinda Ramsey, JonBenet's adult half sister, who was in Georgia at the time of the girl's death. The technician who originally ruled her out as the source of the print erred, the newspaper said.
Attorney Lin Wood of Atlanta, who represents JonBenet's parents, John and Patsy Ramsey, said his clients do not dispute the palm-print findings....

IMO

Ivy said:
Attorney Lin Wood of Atlanta, who represents JonBenet's parents, John and Patsy Ramsey, said his clients do not dispute the palm-print findings....

Thanks Ivy. No wonder Toth didn't know anything about that, the article is only 2 years old...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back