Found Deceased TX - Lauren Elizabeth Thompson, 32, Panola County, 10 Jan 2019 *called 911, car found in a ditch*

Did I miss it somewhere or did they say where she had been driving from? Where was she just before she drove her car in a ditch. Could she have been drugged?
It doesn’t say where she was coming from or going to and an oil/gas company lease road seems an odd place for her to be to run off the road into a ditch?

Officers found her car stuck in the ditch on an oil/gas company lease road
Search continues for missing Panola County woman | General | panolawatchman.com

Last edited:
What is terrible is that when people go missing in East Texas they are often not found. It is desolate and when it is in a desolate place, there are usually no witnesses and nobody to hear you.

Doris McIntosh--sweet elderly lady got stuck on an oil lease road. Still not found.
TX - TX - Doris McIntosh, 78, Carthage, 24 July 2009

Kimberly Flint (60 miles from Carthage) Missing since Sept 26, 2018
TX - TX - Kimberly Flint, 57, Reklaw, 26 Sept 2018

Jimmy Tidwell (30 miles from Carthage) missing since Feb 15 2012
TX - TX - James Jimmy Tidwell, 58, Mt. Enterprise, 15 Feb 2012

These are just a few, but similar scenarios. Vehicle is found abandoned, but the people are missing.
This is really scary.

@John David Wiles - are you familiar with the area where her car was found?
Dont know if you’ve had a lot of rain up in your area or if it’s been dry?
Is it a well traveled road? Wildlife in the area, possibly swerved to avoid wild hog, deer, etc?
I'm not John David Wiles, but I am familiar with the area. We have had alot of rain...a historically wet fall. The ground is supersaturated. Also, we have some flooding from the creeks and rivers. Water is literally standing on top of the ground. My understanding is that her car was near FM 1794 and CR 267. She had turned on to an oil lease road which is a road that is not really meant to be traveled. I am thinking she turned there by mistake. There are wild hogs and deer in the area. She could have swerved or lost control due to wet roads. Around thread #25 I posted a satellite map of the area. You can see how heavily wooded it is. One huge concern that I have is that she could have fallen into a creek or slush pit. I hope and pray that is not what happened.

I'm not John David Wiles, but I am familiar with the area. We have had alot of rain...a historically wet fall. The ground is supersaturated. Also, we have some flooding from the creeks and rivers. Water is literally standing on top of the ground. My understanding is that her car was near FM 1794 and CR 267. She had turned on to an oil lease road which is a road that is not really meant to be traveled. I am thinking she turned there by mistake. There are wild hogs and deer in the area. She could have swerved or lost control due to wet roads. Around thread #25 I posted a satellite map of the area. You can see how heavily wooded it is. One huge concern that I have is that she could have fallen into a creek or slush pit. I hope and pray that is not what happened.
It seems that if she turned onto the wrong road and then the car got stuck, she would stay inside the car, call 911 instead of calling 911 while walking in the woods?

@John David Wiles - are you familiar with the area where her car was found?
Dont know if you’ve had a lot of rain up in your area or if it’s been dry?
Is it a well traveled road? Wildlife in the area, possibly swerved to avoid wild hog, deer, etc?

Yes I'm quite familiar with the area. We've had a lot of rain lately.

Isn't that a few hours drive from where Brandon Lawson went missing? Any possible connection?
This article from 2018 has some updated info on Brandon and theories as to why he went missing all of which are plausible but in my opinion likely unrelated to Lauren as it's been five years and hundreds of miles from where he went missing. Five years gone: The disappearance of Brandon Lawson

This article from 2018 has some updated info on Brandon and theories as to why he went missing all of which are plausible but in my opinion likely unrelated to Lauren as it's been five years and hundreds of miles from where he went missing. Five years gone: The disappearance of Brandon Lawson

Don't think this is related. On some of the news comments, individuals have mentioned others, like Flint, that happened but they were not in Panola County, and were at least 40 miles away. I could name others, but I think they were unrelated. One of the disappearances from 1980 was a domestic situation; however, anyone in a stranded car is at risk (like Mrs. Flint, Mrs. McIntosh, and Ms. Thompson) are always at risk when their vehicle breaks down on a rode or they have a wreck. All of these people were in desolate areas so if an evil person comes by, there is little chance of a witness or cameras. It makes it really dangerous.

I just checked, and as of 5:00 pm, there is no news and no leads. The Sheriff's Department has no said whether they do or do not suspect foul play.

There will be a candlelight prayer vigil for her at the Footprints in the Sand Memorial in Carthage on Thursday night.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back