Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #37

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a feeling he was trying to make Jayme feel like this was her new home. After all, he went to great lengths to have her to himself. I just can't figure out why he didn't allow her to keep herself clean. That seems so strange to me.

maybe the chance to be clean or somewhat clean was there. she had witnessed her parents deaths and was held against her will, apparently she had lost track of time. an adult would be depressed a child with all that put upon them might not even consider a bath if it was available. I certainly don't intend to sound like I am faulting her for not being clean, just saying with the situation as it was the only thing she could pull herself together to do might have been just the moment she ran.

I wanted to mark for reference that the JP residence is 200 feet from the road.

(Looking for Link)
—-

I have a feeling he was trying to make Jayme feel like this was her new home. After all, he went to great lengths to have her to himself. I just can't figure out why he didn't allow her to keep herself clean. That seems so strange to me.

My thoughts exactly, kk.

It depends. When we first bought our house, Direct TV was the cable system offered. Although they did have internet service, it did not extend to my house (it stopped about half a mile on my road before it reached me). The fibers had not been put in that far down. Instead, our only option was Hughes Net which is satellite internet, not broadband. In very rural areas, this is common.
I had never experienced satellite internet until Hughes Net. Only option and it’s just marginally better than dial up.

I read in an article this morning about women's clothing and makeup in the same room she was being held. I wonder if this was for Jayme to look nice once she decided to accept herself in his life. Yeesh... This term is becoming more apparent for me to describe this creep. I also read somewhere among my research that some in this group believe kidnapping a female is A-OK.

I think he may have just placed her where his older sister had stayed.

If it was for that purpose it failed because Jayme's hair was dirty and matted when found. She didnt even have correct size shoes to wear. Imo when she escaped she had to wear his shoes.

He didnt have the decency to give her any human dignity.

However I'm sure in the end she didnt want to bathe in front of this creep anyway that controlled her every move.

He dehumanized her stripping her of any human dignity. If anyone one washed dishes or cleaned anything it was because he forced Jayme to be his maid.

Jmo

Maybe just me and maybe I’m not seeing it right (trying to view pics on my phone and my eyes are too old for that) but he didn’t have a bed for her either? Nobody feels at home without a bed to sleep in. Of course I’m also just speculating what his intentions were, but I can’t imagine “keeping” somebody without providing them a bed. I do that much for dogs I’m fostering...
There was a bed in the basement that some are wondering if that's where he kept her.

How many hours before this dirtbag appears in court?

Jake Patterson, suspect in Jayme Closs case, due in court

“Jake Patterson , 21, is set to make his initial appearance Monday afternoon in Barron County Circuit Court. Prosecutors are set to formally charge him with two counts of intentional homicide and one count of kidnapping before court begins.”

How many hours before this dirtbag appears in court?

Jake Patterson, suspect in Jayme Closs case, due in court

“Jake Patterson , 21, is set to make his initial appearance Monday afternoon in Barron County Circuit Court. Prosecutors are set to formally charge him with two counts of intentional homicide and one count of kidnapping before court begins.”

I think he is due to appear at 3:30pm, which is the same time as mine. I am guessing less than 7 hours to go until he appears.

I think he is due to appear at 3:30pm, which is the same time as mine. I am guessing less than 7 hours to go until he appears.

(Thanks, Saribella. Steam coming out my ears and trying to contain my mob type mentality. I will probably be yelling at the tv.)

—-

Jake Patterson’s Attorneys Speak Ahead Of Initial Court Appearance In Jayme Closs Case

“Patterson’s attorneys say they met with Patterson Sunday night but did not say if their client has confessed to Jayme’s kidnapping or the killing of her parents. They said they have faith in the judicial system and expect to move forward with a fair trial.

Though Wisconsin allows a video appearance in court, Patterson’s attorneys say they will request Patterson appear in person given the severity of the case. Patterson is currently in a single cell at the Barron County jail.”

(Sorry for any reposts, trying to get up to speed this morning with the latest msm, might as well help bring it forward as I’m reading here)

—-

Suspect in Wisconsin killings, Jayme Closs kidnapping due in court

“A young man suspected of killing a Wisconsin couple, kidnapping their teenage daughter and holding the girl against her will for three months is expected to make his first court appearance Monday, and charging documents could shed light on why he targeted the girl.“

Snip

“Patterson's defense attorneys, Charles Glynn and Richard Jones, said they believe Patterson can get a fair trial, but they're not sure where. The public defenders didn't reveal many specifics about what they expect from Monday's court hearing, but they acknowledged the case was "a tragic situation from every perspective."

"It's been an emotional time for this community and a difficult time for this community. We don't take that lightly. But we have a job to do in protecting our client," Jones said.“

Suspect in Wisconsin killings, Jayme Closs kidnapping due in court

Last edited:
I had never experienced satellite internet until Hughes Net. Only option and it’s just marginally better than dial up.

For those who have never lived in the country and had to experience Hughes Net (or satellite internet in general), you've never fully been in the 4th layer of Technological Hades. You're right, just marginally better than dial up. For many of us rural people, it's the only thing available. It would *almost* be better to not have internet at all.

Once Windstream laid down the fibers and put in their broadband (our speed is 12mbps) then DirectTv put in theirs as well (same speed). Before that, however, you could get DirectTv and Hughes Net as a package for cable/internet but DirectTv's actual internet service didn't reach here.

It depends. When we first bought our house, Direct TV was the cable system offered. Although they did have internet service, it did not extend to my house (it stopped about half a mile on my road before it reached me). The fibers had not been put in that far down. Instead, our only option was Hughes Net which is satellite internet, not broadband. In very rural areas, this is common.

I do wonder if he did have any access to watch TV including the news.

The reason I don't believe he had it or didnt turn it on is Jayme said she had no idea people were looking for her.

Even if he never had it on when he let her out of confinement it seems like she would have been able to overhear it sometime during the 3 months. He did play the radio loud though so maybe he did that when he watched the news about Jayme and she couldnt hear the tv.

I think he told her no one was looking for her to make her feel more isolated..helpless and alone.

Jmo

I saw a Direct TV remote on a table in one of the puctures as well. I believe they could also offer internet?

It’s usually an offer in partnership w/a carrier like ATT. If ATT (DSL for ex) isn’t available in a particular area, no deal. What they tell you and what they deliver are night / day. Often the “internet” provided by a local service is fine for email but that’s about it (no streaming for ex). It’s tricky in the country.

The reason I don't believe he had it or didnt turn it on is Jayme said she had no idea people were looking for her.

Even if he never had it on when he let her out of confinement it seems like she would have been able to overhear it sometime during the 3 months. He did play the radio loud though so maybe he did that when he watched the news about Jayme and she couldnt hear the tv.

I think he told her no one was looking for her to make her feel more isolated..helpless and alone.

Jmo

A perfectly good way of getting her to accept the life she was in with him. "No one's looking for you, give in..." was probably what he tried to instill in her.

It’s usually an offer in partnership w/a carrier like ATT. If ATT (DSL for ex) isn’t available in a particular area, no deal. What they tell you and what they deliver are night / day. Often the “internet” provided by a local service is fine for email but that’s about it (no streaming for ex). It’s tricky in the country.

CenturyLink is one of them, which is available in his area.

Jmo
BBM
I hadn't read this before. Who did she tell this to?

“Charging documents in Wisconsin typically contain at least a partial narrative of what happened at a crime scene, as prosecutors try to prove there's probable cause to support the allegations.

Details of Jayme's three-month captivity have not been released, and Barron County Sheriff Chris Fitzgerald has not said whether Jayme was sexually assaulted. But Patterson's attorneys, public defenders Charles Glynn and Richard Jones, have been lauded for taking high-profile cases with a special emphasis on sexually violent people, according to a state public defender office news release from February 2018.“

Suspect in Jayme Closs kidnapping, her parents’ deaths due in court

Suspect in Wisconsin killings, kidnapping due in court

“Glynn and Jones issued a statement Saturday saying they were relying on the court system to treat Patterson fairly.“

(Sitting on my hands, due process and all that crap, it has to happen...)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member