Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #37

Status
Not open for further replies.
The part where she could hear the police sirens passing them while she was in the trunk is terribly heartbreaking.

If she could hear the sirens, he must have headed east - towards approaching LE - not west, as most of us and I believe LE thought?

Also, so many speculated about the school bus - and were correct - and wondered if school buses had exterior cameras. It now seems they certainly should.

The details are breaking my heart. She is the bravest, bravest, most heroic little girl in the world. I have nothing to say about the subhuman that he is. He doesn't deserve one iota of attention.

Liz Collin on Twitter
Patterson says he left for a few hours last Thursday only to return and find #JaymeCloss was gone. Then... “he knew he was caught.”

Dw5Nwr0UcAAUxd6.jpg

Criminal complaint against suspect in Jayme Closs disappearance released
According to the complaint, Closs confessed to killing James and Denise and kidnapping Jayme. He allegedly told authorities he worked at a cheese factory south of Almena for two days before quitting. On his drive to the cheese factory on one of his two mornings there, he had stopped behind a school bus on Highway 7 where he said he watched Jayme get on a school bus.

"The defendant stated he had no idea who she was nor did he know who lived at the house or how many people lived at the house," the complaint reads. "The defendant stated, when he saw (Closs), he knew that was the girl he was going to take."

According to the complaint, Closs said she was asleep in her bedroom on the night she was abducted when her dog started barking. She got up to investigate and saw someone driving up their driveway. She notified her parents and her father reportedly went to the front door to see what was going on.

He then reportedly said there was a man - later identified as Patterson - at the door with a gun.

The complaint states Jayme said she and her mother were hiding in the bathroom with the door closed when Jayme "stated she heard a gunshot and knew her father had just been killed."

Her mother called 911 shortly before Patterson is said to have broken down the bathroom door and told her to hang up the phone. Jayme described him as being dressed in black from head to toe, including a face mask, hat and gloves.

According to the complaint, Jayme said Patterson told her mother to put tape over her mouth, which she did. It was at that point, the complaint states, Jayme said Patterson shot Denise.

He then allegedly tied Jayme's hands and ankles together and dragged her to his car. The complaint states Jayme thought she was in the trunk of the car for two hours before they arrived at a house Patterson took her to.

Lou Raguse on Twitter
Complaint: On the night of the crime, Patterson stole license plates off another car and put them on his. He disconnected the dome light and trunk lights. He brought his dad's pump 12 gauge shotgun because he thought they were most difficult to trace. #JaymeCloss

January 14, 2019 12:54 PM

The criminal complaint against the suspect in the disappearance of 13-year-old Jayme Closs and the murder of her parents has been filed in Barron County, Wisconsin.

Jake Thomas Patterson, 21, is due to make his first court appearance later Monday afternoon.

The complaint states he is charged with two counts of first-degree homicide, one count of kidnapping and one count of armed burglary.

Sounds like he had every intention of shooting that gun, no matter that her parents were not the "targets."

Lou Raguse on Twitter
Complaint: On the night of the crime, Patterson stole license plates off another car and put them on his. He disconnected the dome light and trunk lights. He brought his dad's pump 12 gauge shotgun because he thought they were most difficult to trace. #JaymeCloss

January 14, 2019 12:54 PM

The criminal complaint against the suspect in the disappearance of 13-year-old Jayme Closs and the murder of her parents has been filed in Barron County, Wisconsin.

Jake Thomas Patterson, 21, is due to make his first court appearance later Monday afternoon.

The complaint states he is charged with two counts of first-degree homicide, one count of kidnapping and one count of armed burglary.
This poor child. :(

So many of the main points dicussed here over the last few months turned out to be correct e.g Denise barricading herself in the bathroom and making the call, it turns out poor Jayme was in there as well, and most worrying was that JP spotted Jayme coming off the bus. This was mentioned by so many and turned out to be spot on. Terrible details emerging but incredible to read of Jayme's escape from under the bed, what a brave girl.

There’s a bottle of finger nail polish remover in one of the den pics. It’s in a bowl. Don’t people use nail polis remover to make drugs? One time at Walmart i was buying 5 containers of it along with an entire basket full of 5 of everything toiletries. We have 5 kids so i buy in bulk nd store it all in a big closet.

Anyway, the checkout lady would only allow me to buy 2 nail polish removers at a time of maybe it was 4- i can’t remember. I’ve heard they do the same with Sudafed because use that in drug labs?? I didn’t ask the check out girl why. I just said ok. Anyway, why do you think he has nail polish remover in that bowl?
Any number of reasons. I use mine primarily to get adhesive off things rather than to remove nail polish. In any case, it’s either been there a long time or he used a ton of it on a single project. Not likely to have been bought for Jayme.

I’m glad we finally got the why and how and hope this will finally end the terrible and irresponsible speculation that the victim was somehow in previous communication with this “monster”!( and many other adjectives that we are all thinking)!

Paul Blume on Twitter
Complaint contains details of #JaymeCloss interview with authorities. She says she was asleep in her bedroom on 10/15. Dog started barking. Went to her parents room. Jayme saw man with gun at front door. She & her mom hid in bathroom in the bathtub.

Lou Raguse on Twitter
Complaint: Patterson forced Denise to put tape over Jayme's mouth. Then Patterson shot Denise. She says Patterson was dressed in black from head to toe. #JaymeCloss

Lou Raguse on Twitter
Complaint: Patterson taped Jayme's hands and feet and drug her out of the home. He put her in the trunk of the car. Jayme heard the sirens of driving by as the car drove away. #jaymecloss

Dear God in Heaven! I'm bawling reading these horrific details. For months there was unfounded criticism of Denise for being found barricaded in the bathroom without Jayme (according to the Radar Online article). I knew that it was either untrue or Jayme had been with Denise and forcibly removed from her. This also might explain why no speaking was heard on the 911 call-- he taped Jayme's mouth! MOO.

Last edited:
Stephanie Fryer on Twitter

Stephanie Fryer‏Verified account @stephfryermedia 39s40 seconds ago
Stephanie Fryer Retweeted Jessica Arp

#JaymeCloss was forced to hide under a bed for hours while others visited Patterson. #News3

Stephanie Fryer added,

Dw5MJECWsAEaidY.jpg

Jessica ArpVerified account @news3jessica
MORE DETAILS: Complaint says Patterson would make #JaymeCloss hide under a bed for hours while other people visited him, bins and boxes stacked next to the bed so she couldn't get out. She pushed them away on…
0 replies0 retweets0 likes

Lou Raguse on Twitter
Lou Raguse‏Verified account @LouRaguse 2m2 minutes ago
Complaint: "he was determined he was going to take JLC that night and was going to kill anyone in the house because he could not leave any eyewitnesses behind. Asked what he would have done if he was stopped by police... he most likely would have shot at the police" #JaymeCloss

Lou Raguse on Twitter
Lou Raguse‏Verified account @LouRaguse 2m2 minutes ago
Complaint: Twice while imprisoned under the bed, Patterson says it looked like Jayme tried to escape so he screamed to the point he knew she was scared and wouldn't try it again. He thought she was fearful enough of him that she knew not to leave the bedroom. #JaymeCloss

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leannamj