Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #37

Status
Not open for further replies.
Latest: Complaint: Suspect hid Jayme Closs under bed
1:10 p.m.

Thirteen-year-old Jayme Closs has told police she tried to hide from the man accused of killing her parents and kidnapping her, but that he dragged her out of her home and threw her in the trunk of his vehicle.

Prosecutors filed a criminal complaint Monday charging Jake Thomas Patterson with two counts of intentional homicide, kidnapping and burglary. Investigators believe Patterson broke into the Closs home near Barron, Wisconsin, in October, killed Jayme’s parents and kidnapped her.

The complaint states that Jayme and her mother hid in the bathroom as Patterson came to the front door. They heard a gunshot and knew Patterson had killed her father.

Patterson then broke down the bathroom door, shot her mother and taped Jayme’s hands and ankles. He then dragged her to his car and threw her in the trunk.

Lou Raguse on Twitter
Lou Raguse‏Verified account @LouRaguse 1m1 minute ago
This is incredibly awful and heart-wrenching. My God, I haven't felt this way since Danny Heinrich testified in the Jacob Wetterling case. #JaymeCloss

Jessica Arp on Twitter
Jessica Arp‏Verified account @news3jessica 2m2 minutes ago
MORE DETAILS: Patterson told investigators he didn't know #JaymeCloss name or her parents prior to the abduction/murders. "The defendant stated he never would have been caught if he would have planned everything perfectly." #news3

Dw5RJdVWwAEKDo0.jpg

0 replies1 retweet0 likes

Lou Raguse on Twitter
Lou Raguse‏Verified account @LouRaguse 4m4 minutes ago
This is incredibly awful and heart-wrenching. My God, I haven't felt this way since Danny Heinrich testified in the Jacob Wetterling case. #JaymeCloss

Chris Égert on Twitter
Chris Égert‏Verified account @cegertKSTP 1m1 minute ago
Criminal complaint more: Kidnapping / murder suspect in Closs case told investigators why he allegedly targeted #JaymeCloss @kstp

Dw5RiMfWoAA1NYc.jpg

0 replies0 retweets0 likes

I think there are a lot of people out there, who hoped that there was a more direct connection between Jayme and her attacker.

That’s because the reality of how he came to find her, is far more terrifying.

She got off a bus, it was as simple as that.

My daughter is getting off the bus in 2 hours. She is 13. I feel sick.
I honestly never thought of it- perps can follow school buses and pick out a kid and know the child lives. Who thinks of this stuff?!! All these years we have worried about them being picked up on their walk to or from School or while waiting for the bus.

Ohhhh. So this guy is all about his "15 minutes of fame" (that's sarcasm on my part).

ETA: Just read how he saw Jayme and decided she was "the one".

Folks, please hold on to your children tightly. Very tightly.

This couldn't really be prevented. They called the cops and the cops were there super fast. She even heard the sirens from the trunk she was in. You can't hide your kids behind a veil. Weirdos might see them. And little can stop a shotgun from blasting in a door.

Luckily, this kind of nightmare is incredibly, and definitively rare.

Jake Thomas Patterson charged with homicide, kidnapping in Jayme Closs case
Before he went to the Closs home on Oct. 15, Patterson told investigators he drove a few miles before he stopped to steal license plates from a car parked at a residence.

He removed the light from the trunk of his car, as well as "what he described as a glow-in-the-dark kidnapping cord ... so that no one could pull the trunk release once inside."

Jayme Closs told authorities that, on Oct. 15, the night she was abducted, she was asleep in her bedroom and woke up early in the morning to the sound of her dog barking.

She got up to see why her dog was barking, and noticed a vehicle coming up the driveway. She woke up her parents and her father went to the door to see what was going on.

They saw a man standing at the door with a gun. She and her mother hid in the bathroom.

They heard a gunshot. Denise Closs used her cell phone to call 911.

Patterson broke down the bathroom door and told Denise to hang up the phone.

Patterson told Denise to put tape over Jayme's mouth. She did. Then Patterson shot Denise.

I think they are selectively showing pictures that keep the public stirred up. Eg. Sheets look like satin in one picture, den doesn't look that bad as far as being messy, etc., where are pictures of bathrooms, his bedroom? They are just creating a morbid curiosity in the public. I'd like to see pictures from a respected news source.jmo
I agree. May not really even be of the house in question. CBS This Morning did show the pictures and worded it "from the Daily Mail reportedly showing" where Jayme was held.

This couldn't really be prevented. They called the cops and the cops were there super fast. She even heard the sirens from the trunk she was in. You can't hide your kids behind a veil. Weirdos might see them. And little can stop a shotgun from blasting in a door.

Luckily, this kind of nightmare is incredibly, and definitively rare.
In no way am i bashing the police. I’m just curious- don’t all police cars now have dash cams? Wouldn’t they have checked the dash cams to see if they saw the perp fleeing while they were on their way?

Stephanie Fryer on Twitter
Stephanie Fryer‏Verified account @stephfryermedia 44s44 seconds ago
Stephanie Fryer Retweeted Jessica Arp

Patterson thought he got away with the murders of James and Denise Closs and the abduction of #JaymeCloss. #news3

Stephanie Fryer added,

Dw5RJdVWwAEKDo0.jpg

Jessica ArpVerified account @news3jessica
MORE DETAILS: Patterson told investigators he didn't know #JaymeCloss name or her parents prior to the abduction/murders. "The defendant stated he never would have been caught if he would have planned everythin…
0 replies0 retweets0 likes

This is beyond awful. Poor Jayme - since he confessed, do they have a trial or does it go straight to sentencing?

First is a plea. Then a trial if he doesn't plead guilty. Confession does not mean a person is automatically deemed guilty by a court of law.

Due process rights afford every defendant certain rights. And many innocent people have confessed either due to coercion, torture, cognitive disability, and/or a desire for attention. So those due process rights are important.

(I am 100% certain this psychopath is guilty, just to make sure no one misunderstands.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
okaydandy