Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #37

Status
Not open for further replies.
everything for awhile is going to be so hard for her. it just grabbed me that she was alerted that someone was coming in the drive by her little dog. I am sure the dog is a great comfort to her, but everytime it barks at night she may relive that moment.

@gitana1 (thanks as always for being here and answering questions), is there a chance the state might not pursue S.A. related charges in order to protect the victim’s privacy? In other words, why go through everything to try to prove this and get a conviction on those charges when murder charges and kidnapping will suffice to keep him behind bars for the rest of his natural life?

Last edited:
I sobbed in the barn the night that Jayme - our collective daughter, sister, and friend - was located alive and homeward bound. We had a calf born the next night and decided to name her after such a heroic and courageous young lady. After reading the criminal complaint I 1) lost my appetite and 2) was shaking with rage that this happened in my community (let alone at all). That's when I grabbed my camera and had a photoshoot with my Jayme.

The only reason someone will pay $5 million to release this monster is to kill it themselves.
Thank you for this - I needed some heartwarming news today! I bet Jayme would enjoy seeing the photo of the calf named after her, someday :)

I sobbed in the barn the night that Jayme - our collective daughter, sister, and friend - was located alive and homeward bound. We had a calf born the next night and decided to name her after such a heroic and courageous young lady. After reading the criminal complaint I 1) lost my appetite and 2) was shaking with rage that this happened in my community (let alone at all). That's when I grabbed my camera and had a photoshoot with my Jayme.

The only reason someone will pay $5 million to release this monster is to kill it themselves.
She is beautiful, just like the hero she is named for.

He was given cash bail, which means HE has to come up with all 5 million.
Also, no bail bondsmen, not in Wisconsin, that's not how it works there.

Wisconsin Bail Bonds 855-224-5266
You may be looking for a bail bond in the state of Wisconsin. Your state does not offer money or commercial bail bonds. Bondsman from other states are unable to assist you in Wisconsin.
Wisconsin has their own state run bail bond program. This means that if you need to bail someone out of jail in the state of Wisconsin you must go directly to the jail where they are being detained. In the State of Wisconsin you will pay cash for the full amount of the bail at the jail in person.

Do a google search for "bail bondsman" in Wisconsin. There are dozens listed.

The state may not offer surety bonds but private lenders can. (How to Post Bail in Wisconsin: 5 Things to Know - Stuck in Jail)

"10 Percent surety bond – The surety is not a bail bond agent, but instead is an adult 21 and older willing to help the defendant – most often a relative or close friend. For a $100,000 bond, for example, the defendant or individual surety pays $10,000 in cash to the court. Much of the money is returned, similar to a cash bond, making a surety bond without the help of a bail bond company a more affordable way for a defendant to get out of jail. Any individual surety can expect to prove he or she is financially solvent."

"The cost of a pre-trial release from jail is lower in a state such as Wisconsin with no private bail bond industry. The 10 to 20 percent that bail bond agents charge around the country is not an issue for defendants in Wisconsin. Instead, the cost need not be more than 10 percent of the bail – with much of that returned if the defendant shows up for all court hearings. A cash bond can be more expensive initially, but again, much of the money given to the court is returned when the defendant follows all release stipulations."

Further explanation at link. Can you tell I've had to bail people out?

Nothing is sealed yet. According to the post-hearing press conference, the Douglas County Attorney's office has not yet filed charges, and is currently working with investigators to determine what, if any, charges will be brought against the defendant.

Given that the crimes that may have occurred inside the home happened in Douglas County, and the murder and kidnapping occurred in Barron County, Barron County can only charge what occurred in their locale.

I don't think that's 100% accurate. Douglas County may be determining charges but it seems all that has to happen is for one county to consent to another county handling the charges. What I have found indicates that any DA in any County in the state can charge a defendant. Then the question is where the trial will be held. That is dependent on the county where the crimes were committed but if they were committed in multiple counties, the cases will eventually be consolidated. It would make no sense to have two simultaneous trials involving the same defendant and chain of events.

Wisconsin Legislature: 939.03

2013 Wisconsin Statutes & Annotations :: 971. Criminal procedure — proceedings before and at trial. :: 971.01 Filing of the information.

2013 Wisconsin Statutes & Annotations :: 971. Criminal procedure — proceedings before and at trial. :: 971.19 Place of trial.

No. He stated he walked through the whole house and then returned to the closed bathroom door. He definitely was in more than 5 freaking feet.

And bound her and dumped a license plate in the trash etc. hit the bathroom door something liek 15 time, walked all through the home and came back to the closed door, yet he used the media thing of 4 minutes probably... as a challenge i am guessing... i don't totally get why anyone would take his word for anything... just saying... but we don't know everything...

Courtney Godfrey‏ Verified account @courtneygodfrey 1m1 minute ago
Patrick Patterson, suspect’s father just walked out of courtroom with suspect’s brother. When I asked if he knew this was going on in his home, he just shook his head ‘no’ #JaymeCloss

Wow, I am shocked to hear they were in attendance, I never would have expected that. I still have not come across any public statement "his" family has made regarding the allegations. United front maybe??? Poor Jakey has problems maybe????. I am being mean and cynical, I can only imagine what "his" parents and siblings are going through. I think Dennis Rader's family was shell shocked to learn the truth about their loved one, it may very well be the case for "his" family. Really, if it were my loved one charged with these allegations I would be in disbelief and would be there in support, for now, while trying to come to terms with it all.

Do a google search for "bail bondsman" in Wisconsin. There are dozens listed.

The state may not offer surety bonds but private lenders can. (How to Post Bail in Wisconsin: 5 Things to Know - Stuck in Jail)

"10 Percent surety bond – The surety is not a bail bond agent, but instead is an adult 21 and older willing to help the defendant – most often a relative or close friend. For a $100,000 bond, for example, the defendant or individual surety pays $10,000 in cash to the court. Much of the money is returned, similar to a cash bond, making a surety bond without the help of a bail bond company a more affordable way for a defendant to get out of jail. Any individual surety can expect to prove he or she is financially solvent."

"The cost of a pre-trial release from jail is lower in a state such as Wisconsin with no private bail bond industry. The 10 to 20 percent that bail bond agents charge around the country is not an issue for defendants in Wisconsin. Instead, the cost need not be more than 10 percent of the bail – with much of that returned if the defendant shows up for all court hearings. A cash bond can be more expensive initially, but again, much of the money given to the court is returned when the defendant follows all release stipulations."

Further explanation at link. Can you tell I've had to bail people out?

Thank you for this, bellyup!

Oh what a beautiful calf! That face and those eyes!

You know.. I'm not trying to be critical here, but I'm wondering why at least one of the deputies didn't leave the crime scene and try to catch up with the Ford Taurus they saw on the way there? I know we can't go back in time, but I'm just saying....

I wasn’t there but I can imagine that it was just another car on the road in the mind of the officer. If the police stopped every car going the other way from every crime they would have cars lined up on the shoulder with no police cars to send to the scene.

Hindsight is certainly 20-20.

Just a tidbit for anyone interested in DNA being ordered. In my state it's the law that everyone arrested for a felony is swabbed for DNA following arrest. Unless laws have recently changed, Wisconsin is the same but requires an arrestee to be either arrested on warrant or have a probable cause hearing before DNA is analyzed. Anyone found not guilty will have their DNA removed from the system.
JMO
Edited to correct

Last edited:
I am stumped as to why they did not annouce the Taurus as a possible vehicle...it might have clicked with those up near that cabin. Maybe she would have been rescued months ago.

Even more, after all revealed today, I would want to move far away, get a new name, new appearance etc...I just would. I would want my dog and aunt and uncle to just take me to another state. I know Jayme won’t want that, but in knowing myself at her age, I would not be able to bear the scrutiny. And back then, the media would have been much, much less. Her name will come up forever now as the girl who endured this horrid crime and captivity. Bless her heart...I know everyone in town will be fine and only helpful...but the world/internet is just too much. Jmojmojmojmo

And bound her and dumped a license plate in the trash etc. hit the bathroom door something liek 15 time, walked all through the home and came back to the closed door, yet he used the media thing of 4 minutes probably... as a challenge i am guessing... i don't totally get why anyone would take his word for anything... just saying... but we don't know everything...
He thinks he is f*cking Rambo. I hate this guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288