Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #37

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well that may be true for the Wisconsin statutes, in this case, the Barron County prosecutor explicitly stated that the Douglas County prosecutor would be doing the investigative work to determine if there any charges related to activities in Gordon. That doesn't mean that the cases won't be consolidating in the future, but that the decision to charge out any crimes that may have been committed in the Douglas County area is deferred to that prosecutor.

Yes. I think that's right.

I agree. It's hard to keep facts straight but there is quite a bit of confirming evidence in the criminal complaint pdf file:

"On his drive to the cheese factory on one of the two mornings he worked there, he had stopped behind a school bus on U.S. Hwy. 8 where he watched J.L.C. get on a school bus. The defendant stated he had no idea who she was nor did..."

From the pdf file "Criminal Complaint" / Jake Patterson

http://media.graytvinc.com/documents/jayme+closs+complaint.pdf

Stunning.

I sobbed in the barn the night that Jayme - our collective daughter, sister, and friend - was located alive and homeward bound. We had a calf born the next night and decided to name her after such a heroic and courageous young lady. After reading the criminal complaint I 1) lost my appetite and 2) was shaking with rage that this happened in my community (let alone at all). That's when I grabbed my camera and had a photoshoot with my Jayme.

The only reason someone will pay $5 million to release this monster is to kill it themselves.
Jayme is s beauty!!

I have seem them compiled into one case before. I have a relative that went on a mass robbery spree over time when he was still using. He had charges from Wood and Clark counties but the case was handled by one county.
Right - that may or may not happen in this case. during the press conference, the Barron County prosecutor indicated that all charging decisions related to activities in the house in Gordon would come from the Douglas County prosecutor. That doesn't mean that they won't put the cases together by consolidating them in the future, but that any charging related to what happened inside that house is going to be deferred to Douglas County.

Thank you Gitana. :cool:

I'm not seeing anything that shows private bail bondsmen that can offer actual money for commercial profit. The agencies I have found are people who appear to be paid by client to work with the state to craft a bail plan. Otherwise, the Bondsmen links are all private houses. But for profit bail bondmen is not legal in WI. So I;m not sure how they work that.

But more important, this is a cash only bail amount of 5 million. He has to come up with the entire thing. It's not eligible for any 10% surety bond.

I wish we could appeal to the media to stop posting side by side photos, in print or anywhere, of perpetrators and survivors. Frankly, I don't feel good putting them in the same sentence. I hate the association it implies, the image it forges. If anything, the survivor should be front and center, big and bold, and mug shots should be small, small, small and separated by as much space as possible.

Horrifying details today. I'm ill.

Let's all be extra good, extra kind, extra gentle. For Jayme.

If his family wins the lottery and comes up with $5M for bail, the State will cite other aggravators and ask the Court to raise the amount as high as it needs to go to keep this predator caged.

Why even have the potential for this to occur? Seems like extra work and hassle to me, but I guess that’s the way it is...

So say hypothetically he can miraculously come up with this money, he has the legal right to post it and walk out the front door. But not really because they’ll fight it and likely win.

So why not just say no bail in the first place? I’m still confused why he has this opportunity considering the clear circumstances surrounding his arrest.

Last edited:
My question is not why the Taurus wasn't stopped en route to the scene. I would never expect that to have happened. They didn't even know they were driving into a double homicide/abduction yet.

But I do question the choice to not give out the car details to the public. It could have been released at the same time as the two other cars they were asking about. Perhaps it would have been enough for one of the neighbors living near him to go "Hmm, that guy down the street drives a car like that." We will never know, obviously. The ONLY reason I can think of to not reveal this car description is if they had a pretty good inkling it may be the perp's and were worried about him harming Jayme if the car descrip was released, as someone earlier said. So my next question is--were they trying to track down leads of this kind of car behind the scenes/privately?

The FBI and state BI worked with local LE, and all sure seem to have worked their hearts out and butts off to find Jayme. That she saved herself rather than being saved by them isn't a reflection on their work or decisions, imo.

Yes the judge iirc added “if not already taken”.

But to be sure, would DNA be SP upon intake?

Iirc they didn’t take CW’s DNA right away, different state I realize...

"Beginning Wednesday, local police will be required to take DNA from anyone arrested for a violent felony and send the sample to the Wisconsin Department of Justice. The agency won't process the samples until a judge finds probable cause that a crime was committed.

Violent felonies covered by the new DNA law include homicide, sexual assault, arson, burglary, robbery and child abuse. Samples will also be taken after convictions for all other felonies and misdemeanors."

Wisconsin law on collecting DNA upon arrest takes effect

Actually, you could see a brief look of discontent on his face after the judge mispronounced his last name, he looked at his atty. and I believe commented something by watching his reaction. IMO,, he is cocky and self confident and it will be interesting to see what defense he chooses to present given he apparently wants to take the case to trial.
I think he knows there is a group of like-minded losers watching him with admiration on the internet. Whether he is in intel or not (and I think he is one), he knows he's getting attention online.

That "audience" makes me as mad as the crime itself.

jmo

I wish we could appeal to the media to stop posting side by side photos, in print or anywhere, of perpetrators and survivors. Frankly, I don't feel good putting them in the same sentence. I hate the association it implies, the image it forges. If anything, the survivor should be front and center, big and bold, and mug shots should be small, small, small and separated by as much space as possible.

Horrifying details today. I'm ill.

Let's all be extra good, extra kind, extra gentle. For Jayme.

THANK YOU!!!! I have always hated that. I agree 100%. It is ridiculous.

Imo they are taking his DNA because unfortunately they have collected DNA that most likely will most definitely match his.

Imo this DNA evidence was collected the day Jayme escaped.

I wont discuss it any further as to what kind of DNA they have found that requires a match of his DNA.

Plus now that they know he is the one who has done all of this unbelievable horror they will match any evidence found in Denise and Jim's home that may have been found but did not match anyone in CODIS at the time.

Imoo
You're probably right but a DNA swab ordered by the court there is a precise process that must be followed storage, temperature, security, documented chain of command. If there is one mis step and one of those steps was not done properly it can result (depending on the type of case) someone going free. It's the same with urine collection. These are things that the states monitors and audits.

My question is not why the Taurus wasn't stopped en route to the scene. I would never expect that to have happened. They didn't even know they were driving into a double homicide/abduction yet.

But I do question the choice to not give out the car details to the public. It could have been released at the same time as the two other cars they were asking about. Perhaps it would have been enough for one of the neighbors living near him to go "Hmm, that guy down the street drives a car like that." We will never know, obviously. The ONLY reason I can think of to not reveal this car description is if they had a pretty good inkling it may be the perp's and were worried about him harming Jayme if the car descrip was released, as someone earlier said. So my next question is--were they trying to track down leads of this kind of car behind the scenes/privately?
I'm guessing no since the Sheriff said there were no investigations in Gordon and they had no tips that led to this.

So I imagine mom, dad, brother and sister (and others) knew he was effed up, right? And let me guess, everyone just ignored him (oh, and gave him cars and a place to live) because ‘what can we dooooo about it?’ Enable him. Thanks.

I sobbed in the barn the night that Jayme - our collective daughter, sister, and friend - was located alive and homeward bound. We had a calf born the next night and decided to name her after such a heroic and courageous young lady. After reading the criminal complaint I 1) lost my appetite and 2) was shaking with rage that this happened in my community (let alone at all). That's when I grabbed my camera and had a photoshoot with my Jayme.

The only reason someone will pay $5 million to release this monster is to kill it themselves.

How gorgeous.:):):):)
What a beautiful little girl.
She is lucky to have you, as she will have the best life.

I don’t even know what to say. Words defy me and do no justice to the extreme feelings swirling around in my brain.

I’m shocked and repulsed. JTP is the epitome of evil.

I’m in awe of the desire to live and bravery of JC to do what she had to do to help herself. Bravo, young lady. I will choose to dwell on your tenacity to regain your freedom, your life and your family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth