Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #37

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he knows there is a group of like-minded losers watching him with admiration on the internet. Whether he is in intel or not (and I think he is one), he knows he's getting attention online.

That "audience" makes me as mad as the crime itself.

jmo

Yeah, thought about that. I suspect there is a .000000001% chance in heck that these like-minded losers would raise bail for him, but still . . .

In a very slight way he reminds me of Casey Anthony. I think he will try to bedazzle a jury with a bunch of lies and psychobabble (jodi arias comes to mind also) in an attempt to mitigate his actions. Now, given he apparently wants to go to trial, I can only imagine what may be coming down the road as a defense.

As a person who lived in the country and has grandchildren who live in the country, when it was stated that she has no online interaction with him, I thought about right away with cars having to stop for quite awhile with a school bus stop.

It is terryfying because in the country, the bus goes right to the child’s driveway and there are usually no other children.

There were people on here that were appalled that Jayme might have had a babysitter at her age. I wish she did.

After Jacob Wetterling was kidnapped, my kids never went home to an empty house at any age. I always has other arrangements.

Living in the country gives you a false sense of safety which is not accurate at all.

My neighbors installed all kinds of security when teen merh heads broke intp their house while they were at the funeral of their teen that had died in a car accident.

yes, the bus stops right in front of our house. Our driveway is almost half a mile long and we're the only house on the road. The bus comes up to our door.

Still, he just happened to see her at a bus stop. He could have just as easily seen her eating dinner at a restaurant with her parents, grocery shopping with her aunt, or filing out of a movie theater with her friends.

It makes me sad that this happened to Jayme, and furious that it happened to her parents, but I am no more terrified than I was before. When I first became a true crime writer, I made the conscious decision not to let the crimes I was writing about have a big effect on the way I live my life. I wasn't going to become paranoid. Cautious, but not paranoid. And after our son suddenly died without notice, I made that same decision again.

I don’t even know what to say. Words defy me and do no justice to the extreme feelings swirling around in my brain.

I’m shocked and repulsed. JTP is the epitome of evil.

I’m in awe of the desire to live and bravery of JC to do what she had to do to help herself. Bravo, young lady. I will choose to dwell on your tenacity to regain your freedom, your life and your family.
Yes, Jayme is a hero!

I'm not seeing anything that shows private bail bondsmen that can offer actual money for commercial profit. The agencies I have found are people who appear to be paid by client to work with the state to craft a bail plan. Otherwise, the Bondsmen links are all private houses. But for profit bail bondmen is not legal in WI. So I;m not sure how they work that.

But more important, this is a cash only bail amount of 5 million. He has to come up with the entire thing. It's not eligible for any 10% surety bond.

It's not eligible for any STATE sponsored surety bond. In other words, Patterson OR his bondsman cannot get him out for 10% of the bail set with the state.
The court has to receive the ENTIRE five million dollars. IN CASH.
There are some states that allow people to pay only 10% through their own surety bonds. Wisconsin is NOT one of those.

The court cannot and does not stipulate how JP gets that money. He can beg it from family, he can get it from savings,OR he can GO GET A LOAN from a private bondsman. One of those people listed on google at their houses. That person will charge JP 10% of the total amount that he will have to come up with out of pocket.

The bondsman will PAY THE COURTS the entire 5 million dollars of his own money. Which will be returned to the bondsman if he shows up at every court date. The bondman than keeps the 10% that he took from JP in the beginning.

It's a big risk for a bondman but could also be a big reward ($500k is nothing to sneeze at).

A lot of bondsman are also bounty hunters. The whole thing is kinda shady in most states. But it's done and is possible. JP is a HUGE risk for a bondman but could also be a big reward ($500k is nothing to sneeze at).

I think he knows there is a group of like-minded losers watching him with admiration on the internet. Whether he is in intel or not (and I think he is one), he knows he's getting attention online.

That "audience" makes me as mad as the crime itself.

jmo
I dunno. Who the hell looks at this guy and says to himself “I want to be like him?”

He is the very definition of a “loser.”

He is the very definition of “failure.”

That’s a low bar as far as admiration goes.

Actually, you could see a brief look of discontent on his face after the judge mispronounced his last name, he looked at his atty. and I believe commented something by watching his reaction. IMO,, he is cocky and self confident and it will be interesting to see what defense he chooses to present given he apparently wants to take the case to trial.

Did you see somewhere that he wants to take the case to trial? It didn't appear that he was asked to plea one way or the other today. I'm not familiar with court proceedings though so perhaps he could have if he wanted to? Could you or someone with knowledge of Wisconsin law please clarify the process?

I don't believe so.

Thank you.

So if I’m understanding correctly, the state will likely pursue SA charges if this did occur, no two ways about that, despite victim privacy and the fact that other charges would keep him incarcerated. Ok, so do this mean that ALL the specific details are going to have to be listed for the charges to be proven? It would seem so.

And if so this sucks bigtime. I wish she could be protected from this in some way.

You're probably right but a DNA swab ordered by the court there is a precise process that must be followed storage, temperature, security, documented chain of command. If there is one mis step and one of those steps was not done properly it can result (depending on the type of case) someone going free. It's the same with urine collection. These are things that the states monitors and audits.

Not sure that is how it's done in WI. Most are done by the count Sherrif's office with DNA collection kits. But some instances require alternative methods:

"Also police may end up doing their own DNA swabbing if an officer conducts a traffic stop and finds someone has a conviction requiring a DNA sample but has not submitted a sample."

Law starting April 1 expands DNA collection, offers 'new tool'

Why even have the potential for this to occur? Seems like extra work and hassle to me, but I guess that’s the way it is...

So say hypothetically he can miraculously come up with this money , he has the legal right to post it and walk out the front door. But not really because they’ll fight it and likely win.

So why not just say no bail in the first place? I’m still confused why he has this opportunity considering the clear circumstances surrounding his arrest.

I'm glad he isn't being given the satisfaction of being treated differently than any other violent, disgusting predator and killer, and am especially glad he wasn't provided the opportunity to put on his show of contemptuous indifference in the courtroom today.

Just a tidbit for anyone interested in DNA being ordered. In my state it's the law that everyone arrested for a felony is swabbed for DNA following arrest. Wisconsin is the same but a probable cause hearing must be held first. Thus it was ordered in court today. Anyone found not guilty will have their DNA removed from the system. JMO
I distinctively heard the judge say...if you haven't already...you are ordered to give a DNA sample. I'm would hope that's been done!

It's not eligible for any STATE sponsored surety bond. In other words, Patterson OR his bondsman cannot get him out for 10% of the bail set with the state.
The court has to receive the ENTIRE five million dollars. IN CASH.
There are some states that allow people to pay only 10% through their own surety bonds. Wisconsin is NOT one of those.

The court cannot and does not stipulate how JP gets that money. He can beg it from family, he can get it from savings,OR he can GO GET A LOAN from a private bondsman. One of those people listed on google at their houses. That person will charge JP 10% of the total amount that he will have to come up with out of pocket.

The bondsman will PAY THE COURTS the entire 5 million dollars of his own money. Which will be returned to the bondsman if he shows up at every court date. The bondman than keeps the 10% that he took from JP in the beginning.

It's a big risk for a bondman but could also be a big reward ($500k is nothing to sneeze at).

A lot of bondsman are also bounty hunters. The whole thing is kinda shady in most states. But it's done and is possible. JP is a HUGE risk for a bondman but could also be a big reward ($500k is nothing to sneeze at).
Thank you for clarifying this

Did you see somewhere that he wants to take the case to trial? It didn't appear that he was asked to plea one way or the other today. I'm not familiar with court proceedings though so perhaps he could have if he wanted to? Could you or someone with knowledge of Wisconsin law please clarify the process?

The Barron County prosecutor commented in the press conference today that he thought the case would go to trial. Doesn't mean it will, but that is his preliminary thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam