Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #37

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s occurred to me that Mollie is probably a more edgy dog now. She did her job, alerting her owners, but she couldn’t save them. She barked continuously at the sheriff when he visited Jayme. I imagine Mollie will forever be suspicious of all strangers. One thing, though, at least her little girl who she saw dragged away came back to her. Poor little dog.
It sounds like her little doggie is determined to continue her efforts to protect Jayme!

Did you see somewhere that he wants to take the case to trial? It didn't appear that he was asked to plea one way or the other today. I'm not familiar with court proceedings though so perhaps he could have if he wanted to? Could you or someone with knowledge of Wisconsin law please clarify the process?

Yes, I believe it was in the post interview with the prosecutor following "his" hearing. I will look for the link. It was stated in answer to a question regarding whether or not this case will likely go to trial.

Why even have the potential for this to occur? Seems like extra work and hassle to me, but I guess that’s the way it is...

So say hypothetically he can miraculously come up with this money , he has the legal right to post it and walk out the front door. But not really because they’ll fight it and likely win.

So why not just say no bail in the first place? I’m still confused why he has this opportunity considering the clear circumstances surrounding his arrest.
Part of me wants him to post bail just so the locals can have at him

Did you see somewhere that he wants to take the case to trial? It didn't appear that he was asked to plea one way or the other today. I'm not familiar with court proceedings though so perhaps he could have if he wanted to? Could you or someone with knowledge of Wisconsin law please clarify the process?
I don't know where it states it but the States Attorney stated afterwards they have every indication that JP wants to proceed with trial

I wish we could reply here with agree/disagree.

'Like' doesn't fit.

I hate what evil did. Cold, cruel.

Brave little girl, to dare to escape.

Her parents raised an angel. Her courage, her grace.... I hope, in time, it will help her to know that we weep for her, we hold her up, and we are in awe....

Yes. I agree we can’t live our lives worried about this. We have to live. I’m just saying the bus is like pick the kid to kidnap and this is where they live “assortment” for kidnappers. We’ve all heard the stories of being kidnapped while walking home from school orwalking to the bus stop. This is a new one. But maybe he wasn’t following the bus to pick a girl. Maybe he just saw her. This is something I’d like to know. Was he following the bus to pick a girl? I’m not saying that our kids can’t ride school buses any longer. I’m just saying this is a new “tactic” - at least to me and my 8 years of sleuthing.

Many predators like JP have long had fantasies of kidnapping vulnerable young children both young boys and girls.

It doesnt take much for them to select a target when they see an opportunity to randomly find an unsupectimg child for they have been thinking and planning it out for sometime. It's always on their mind when they are out on the roads wherever they are.

Children have been abducted when they got off of the school bus in broad daylight before but I think this twisted monster thought it would be more thrilling to go in the dark of night and more covertly.

I think he got just as much of a sick thrill out of killing Denise and Jim in cold blood.

Imo he knew he could use those violent demonic acts and felt it would make his victim more compliant plus imo he enjoyed it all. Every bit of it.

He is truly one of the worst I've ever seen. He acted in court just as I had said previously he would .

He is a dead decayed soul who is very proud of what all he has done.

Lwop seems so insufficient for what he is proud of doing.

It sure shows dark foreboding evil walks among all of the good. He is one of the scariest and dangerous suspects ever imo.

Thank God Jayme stopped him in his tracks. I have no doubt if not caught he would have gone on to be a serial killer. She has saved many lives. There will not be a next girl for JP at least.

Imo

Do a google search for "bail bondsman" in Wisconsin. There are dozens listed.

The state may not offer surety bonds but private lenders can. (How to Post Bail in Wisconsin: 5 Things to Know - Stuck in Jail)

"10 Percent surety bond – The surety is not a bail bond agent, but instead is an adult 21 and older willing to help the defendant – most often a relative or close friend. For a $100,000 bond, for example, the defendant or individual surety pays $10,000 in cash to the court. Much of the money is returned, similar to a cash bond, making a surety bond without the help of a bail bond company a more affordable way for a defendant to get out of jail. Any individual surety can expect to prove he or she is financially solvent."

"The cost of a pre-trial release from jail is lower in a state such as Wisconsin with no private bail bond industry. The 10 to 20 percent that bail bond agents charge around the country is not an issue for defendants in Wisconsin. Instead, the cost need not be more than 10 percent of the bail – with much of that returned if the defendant shows up for all court hearings. A cash bond can be more expensive initially, but again, much of the money given to the court is returned when the defendant follows all release stipulations."

Further explanation at link. Can you tell I've had to bail people out?

I wish the court record specified which bond type. I missed that part. Did the judge specify at the hearing? Cash? 10%? C/S? If he is allowed a C/S bond and family had a decent few houses they were willing to put up he could make bond. Parts were hard for me to hear but did JP's attorney say if they want to address bond amount they will do it in a motion later? I'm not thinking he will bond out but if by some miracle he did surely he would be put on GPS monitoring and with no job have no reason to leave the house. JMO

I wasn’t there but I can imagine that it was just another car on the road in the mind of the officer. If the police stopped every car going the other way from every crime they would have cars lined up on the shoulder with no police cars to send to the scene.

Hindsight is certainly 20-20.

I guess... After reading the report, I realized they didnt know about the kidnapping until about an hour on scene. So like you said: hindsight is 20-20.

Five million dollar bail. I don't think that this guy is going to be able to make bail.

I am pretty sure, even if his parents could put up 10%, why would they? Then again, it would be interesting if they did, and this guy would be free out of jail, on bail. He is a danger to society, I think that there is enough evidence to hold him without a bail amount.

I don't think this is the first time Jake has abducted a girl. IMHO LE might very well find evidence in his home of a previous girl having been held there. Moo
I doubt it.

Even though there tends to be an escalation of behavior that leads up to a crime like this, I don’t think he kidnapped anyone before.

He planned the crime well, but seemed to be winging it when it came to actually holding her captive.

Had he done this before, he would have had a proven system in place.

If he hasn't offended before, I would be curious to know if he has a history with his siblings at all. Being overly aggressive, controlling, etc. I know there's always got to be a "first" crime for a person to have a criminal record, but this just seems beyond the pale for someone's first offence.

MOO

In a very slight way he reminds me of Casey Anthony. I think he will try to bedazzle a jury with a bunch of lies and psychobabble (jodi arias comes to mind also) in an attempt to mitigate his actions. Now, given he apparently wants to go to trial, I can only imagine what may be coming down the road as a defense.
Or he may not. This little "Psycho Rambo" may just be preparing for the second phase of his fantasy. Going to prison after a sensational trial that will put him in the record books alongside all the other effed up people who have committed heinous crimes.

I wish we could appeal to the media to stop posting side by side photos, in print or anywhere, of perpetrators and survivors. Frankly, I don't feel good putting them in the same sentence. I hate the association it implies, the image it forges. If anything, the survivor should
be front and center, big and bold, and mug shots should be small, small, small and separated by as much space as possible.
Horrifying details today. I'm ill
Let's all be extra good, extra kind, extra gentle. For Jayme.
I agee about the side by side photos. I think it’s cruel to the victim and the victim’s family to make them look like a “couple”
This has bothered me for years. Why do you suppose journalists and news channels haven’t figured this out yet?

"Detective Hagen reports the tread patterns [in the blood in the Closs home] appeared to be from tactical type boots."

From http://media.graytvinc.com/documents/jayme+closs+complaint.pdf

I think he was on some "military" mission in his fantasy.

jmo

He likely was too soft, too much a loser, too much an incel to be in the military but still was one of those losers who fetishize the military, big guns, violence to put on the airs of being a Bad@$$.

He needs to be locked in a cell with a giant angry man who will force him to sleep on concrete under the jail cot. Becoming his cell mates property.

Off topic.... That got me going as I said to my dogs when both passed please send me butterflies to let me know you are ok.. I have seen many.. Jayme was found on my birthday which was the best present for me... pleased she has this relationship with her aunt.. She looked after her like a second mum, never the same obviously but grateful for her xx
Lovely post, UKslueth2018. To me, butterflies and dragonflies are symbols of eternal life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member