Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #37

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I imagine mom, dad, brother and sister (and others) knew he was effed up, right? And let me guess, everyone just ignored him (oh, and gave him cars and a place to live) because ‘what can we dooooo about it?’ Enable him. Thanks.

Respectfully, do we know they could have ever anticipated such a thing? To be fair, I’m not sure we can blame anyone else for these horrific acts except JP himself. If there’s something else that proved he had violent tendencies and was capable of committing such a crime(s) then perhaps this is something to be looked at—-I’ve missed a lot in these threads so maybe there’s something relating to this that I haven’t seen, but at this moment I’m not aware of why the parents should receive any blame? Perhaps they made some mistakes and again I know nothing about this family, but I think it should be really clear here that it is JP who is being charged.

Last edited:
I wish the court record specified which bond type. I missed that part. Did the judge specify at the hearing? Cash? 10%? C/S? If he is allowed a C/S bond and family had a decent few houses they were willing to put up he could make bond. Parts were hard for me to hear but did JP's attorney say if they want to address bond amount they will do it in a motion later? I'm not thinking he will bond out but if by some miracle he did surely he would be put on GPS monitoring and with no job have no reason to leave the house. JMO

The judge specified cash bail plus the no firearms & no contact conditions.

Next hearing is February 6th.

No plea entered.

(From my notes of watching the hearing live).

It really weirds me out that J.C. happens to resemble the killer’s sister, & that when he took J.C. to his house (okay, his father’s house that he was living in), he made her dress in his sister’s pajamas. Was this simply bc these were clothes that fit, or is there something more there?

So I imagine mom, dad, brother and sister (and others) knew he was effed up, right? And let me guess, everyone just ignored him (oh, and gave him cars and a place to live) because ‘what can we dooooo about it?’ Enable him. Thanks.

To be fair, what could his siblings have done? I doubt any young 20’s siblings would have the financial means to enable their brother by supporting his freeloading lifestyle. Now, his parent or parents enabling this lifestyle...that’s a different story. If this killer would have to have worked to support himself, like the vast majority of the adult world, he wouldn’t have had the time to guard his kidnapping victim nearly 24/7. There is A LOT to be said about an able-bodied young man not being gainfully employed (& not, that we know of, off on mental health disability or such).

Five million dollar bail. I don't think that this guy is going to be able to make bail.

I am pretty sure, even if his parents could put up 10%, why would they? Then again, it would be interesting if they did, and this guy would be free out of jail, on bail. He is a danger to society, I think that there is enough evidence to hold him without a bail amount.

It would say tons about what kind of people his parents are if they did.

Yes, I believe it was in the post interview with the prosecutor following "his" hearing. I will look for the link. It was stated in answer to a question regarding whether or not this case will likely go to trial.

Here is the video

At about the 17:43 mark " yes at this point we have every reason to believe it will go to trial."

Late to the party as usual but holy heII ...What kind of mental defective is this punk anyway?

Actually I take it back, it's an insult to mental defectives the world over.
I read this as "metal defective" and thought that you meant he was missing iron or something in his diet which made him act like this haha!

I doubt it.

Even though there tends to be an escalation of behavior that leads up to a crime like this, I don’t think he kidnapped anyone before.

He planned the crime well, but seemed to be winging it when it came to actually holding her captive.

Had he done this before, he would have had a proven system in place.

Yeah, while his initial planning was fairly well thought out, the aftermath seems poorly planned. It seems like he was just working with whatever he had around the house (totes with barbells). I don't think he's done this before, but I think he probably would have done it again in the future.

The FBI and state BI worked with local LE, and all sure seem to have worked their hearts out and butts off to find Jayme. That she saved herself rather than being saved by them isn't a reflection on their work or decisions, imo.

I never said they didn't work hard, but I think it's fair to question why the car info was not given out. A reporter also asked this question at the presser and the answer was basically that some info had not been given out. I am curious why. No one said anything about LE not working hard.

His first shot was at Mr. Closs, then a shot to bust through the front door:

"The defendant stated he saw James looking outside through the small glass (decorative glass with wrought iron design in the center of the wooden entry door) window. The defendant stated James made some comment like, show me your badge, and assumed James thought he was the police. The defendant stated he then raised the shotgun and purposely aimed at James’ head and pulled the trigger. The defendant stated he knew James immediately collapsed to the ground."

http://media.graytvinc.com/documents/jayme+closs+complaint.pdf

Yeah, while his initial planning was fairly well thought out, the aftermath seems poorly planned. It seems like he was just working with whatever he had around the house (totes with barbells). I don't think he's done this before, but I think he probably would have done it again in the future.

Absolutely agree. Had Jayme not escaped, this guy probably never would have been caught.

As soon as circumstances changed, or he tired of her, she would have met the same fate as her parents.

Other lives were probably saved by Jayme’s escape.

I sobbed in the barn the night that Jayme - our collective daughter, sister, and friend - was located alive and homeward bound. We had a calf born the next night and decided to name her after such a heroic and courageous young lady. After reading the criminal complaint I 1) lost my appetite and 2) was shaking with rage that this happened in my community (let alone at all). That's when I grabbed my camera and had a photoshoot with my Jayme.

The only reason someone will pay $5 million to release this monster is to kill it themselves.
I agree with bestill, send her some pics!

Just a tidbit for anyone interested in DNA being ordered. In my state it's the law that everyone arrested for a felony is swabbed for DNA following arrest. Wisconsin is the same but a probable cause hearing must be held first. Thus it was ordered in court today. Anyone found not guilty will have their DNA removed from the system. JMO
Just to add to that, Wisconsin can collect DNA for misdemeanor convictions as well. I think they are one of the few states to do so. Imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288