Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #37

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agee about the side by side photos. I think it’s cruel to the victim and the victim’s family to make them look like a “couple”
This has bothered me for years. Why do you suppose journalists and news channels haven’t figured this out yet?
I totally agree. I cannot bear to see both side-by-side.

Is anyone else shocked that JP performed such a horrific crime without a criminal record?

SBM

A little, but not really. Look at all the school shooters who don't have records. Nobody has a record until they commit their first crime. I wouldn't be surprised if he had questionable things in his past, though, or committed crimes that he was never caught for.

More importantly why are parents so often enabling their "off" kids to have access to their firearms? Or even buying them for their weird kid?

Your kid is quiet? Doesn't socialize a lot? Poor social skills? Lots of time alone playing video games? Can't hold a job? Has mental issues? Acts oddly? Can you just not give him access to your frickin Mossberg shotgun? It's not going to help.
If a kid has all those issues and a parent doesn't try to help then they are probably the problem in the 1st place.

What an avalanche of information today. Like everyone here, a week ago, we were stumbling to try and figure out who was the target.

Some things that strike me are:

1) Despite teens having access to technology unprecedented, the murders and kidnapping did not have any of relevance to an online screen presence.

2) Motive is key in understanding a crime. Without that, there is too much speculation. Who would have dreamed a 21 year old introvert could have been capable of such a crime?

3) This is an unprecedented case and the investigators had nothing like it to compare and offer a useful profile (they didn’t, so that is good).

4) Witnesses are often unreliable on when they heard or saw things. It doesn’t mean they didn’t, but there are human errors when remembering.

5) There is good reason investigative information is not shared with the public, so the suspect can share it once caught... like how Patterson admits he had to step through blood. No where was the shoe print evidence even mentioned in the media.

I think the investigators did a great job here.

I only hope at some point we work out a way to predict or prevent such violent crimes by understanding how these individuals end up this way.. That is totally probably not realistic but whatever can be learnt and applied should be xx

I’m so thankful that Jayme was able to free herself and find help. She is a smart and resourceful young girl.

Is it true that Patterson’s parents divorced in 2008 and left the two boys to live in the cabin? I am hoping that what I have read is incorrect.

Not to get into a gun control battle but the son is of age and not a minor and a gun is of no use for protection if it is locked away. I do not want the thread to get closed over a gun debate.
I'll agree to disagree. If gun owners shared liability with what happens with their weapons there be alot less dead women and girls, and less guns getting "stolen".... you know like the idea guns are not a toy to be shared and played with but tools to be taken seriously.

So glad Jayme found her way home. I just can't type "been found". She did it all on her own bless her sweet heart. Hopefully her healing can begin. Judging by her sweet smiling face, I think it has. I am off to start supper & wait for Mr. Marli to get home so I can tell him of the new developments.

Thank you.

I had to stop reading most of it. It was just too hard.

Although she was still in close proximity to her mom wasnt she? A shotgun does such horrible explosive damage and that's why I thought he wanted to remove her clothing and destroy them.

Maybe this has already been replied, but I think in her terror, she soiled her clothing. Horrible.

SBM

A little, but not really. Look at all the school shooters who don't have records. Nobody has a record until they commit their first crime. I wouldn't be surprised if he had questionable things in his past, though, or committed crimes that he was never caught for.

Im sure he spoke and chatted about it online. he likely has lived this out in his head over and over and over, then felt ready to do it. it'll all come out.

We are in agreement that it is okay 'to analyze' if these were being used. And so in that analysis, we have to see if there were any soiled, used diapers found in the home. Not that we know of at this time.

Would size LARGE Adult fit Jayme? No, they would not.

Are there any other possible explanations for that box being there? Yes, two possible explanations have been mentioned already. The box itself was used to carry home other items from Sam's Club or was used in a move. OR the diapers were used by his recently deceased grandmother.

I know we’re getting sick of the diaper discussion, but I wanted to chime in with one little thing and then I won’t bring it up again: I don’t see the box as being used to bring home other items from the store. When I buy things at Sam’s, the boxes I get to select from are usually boxes that contained individually packaged items available for sale. For example, a box that may have contained cans of peaches, or twelve 6-pack boxes of mac — in other words, things that removed from the box and put on shelves for sale. I don’t see where the 80 count box contained smaller packages available for sale. Therefore, I’d have to question what happened to all those diapers in the store that the box would be empty?

I do se a pattern: All women murdered by men. And it scares me. For my teen daughter, for my sisters and nieces, and for the female gender. We are not safe :(

ALL women are not murdered by men. Some are killed by other women. And there are men that are killed by their wives or girlfriends. And children that are killed by their mothers. It is true we are not safe, but it is humans that we should fear, not 'men' in general. The two most wonderful, compassionate, protective, stable people that I know are my husband and my son. My daughter and I would be lost without them.

So has all this business about what guns the Closs’ owned been verified? I’m just wondering where in the house they were kept? It all happened so quickly it seems that Denise was unable to get to them. If only...moo.

Last edited:
From the complaint:

"Deputy Fick reports that, while in route to the residence, he observed a vehicle that was maroon in color and what he believed to be an older style vehicle. Deputy Fick reports that, based on his training and experience, the vehicle appeared to him to be an older Ford Taurus or similar vehicle. As the vehicle was traveling east on U.S. Hwy. 8, Deputy Fick reports he was traveling west on U.S. Hwy. 8, just west of the City of Barron. Deputy Fick reports the vehicle he observed was the lone eastbound traveling vehicle he encountered. Deputy Fick observed the vehicle yield to himself and other deputies responding to the scene."

Why was this vehicle never released to the public? The ONLY vehicle they encountered...and the public is sent on a wild goose chase for two unrelated vehicles?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123