TX - Nichol Olsen, 37, & her 2 daughters found shot dead inside mansion, Bexar County, 10 Jan 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
wow, I should sit on my hands for fear of being attacked in this thread for even suggesting she did it but I just can't understand the page after page of scenarios where she is innocent and the BF did it when there has been zero indication of such.

Sad for ALL those who loved these women, regardless.

Sometimes people do things completely unexpectedly. I know LE will complete their investigation, and for this terrible situation I agree with you. For every person upset at Nichol committing this crime there is another upset that the boyfriend is insinuated to be involved without any current evidence or reason. Its just sad all round.

Sometimes people do things completely unexpectedly. I know LE will complete their investigation, and for this terrible situation I agree with you. For every person upset at Nichol committing this crime there is another upset that the boyfriend is insinuated to be involved without any current evidence or reason. Its just sad all round.
Do we know, unequivocally, that she did it? Cause, I missed that part.

The Sheriff stated her death was from suicide but did not state if she was suspect in the girls deaths.It is standard procedure to not make a statement until all of the tests come back from lab. I assume there will be a press conference in a day or two.

Do we know, unequivocally, that she did it? Cause, I missed that part.

It seems more than likely that she did commit suicide, based on the autopsy.

That being said, years ago our neighbor's wife died hiking in a fall with her husband. Many people believed he had something to do with it, many people believed he was wonderful. He was cleared in an investigation.

I know I wouldn't have ever married him.

Maybe NO and the bf got in an argument and he left for the night (why he didn’t sleep at the house that night), which led to her snapping after he left. I’m not sure if NO is considered a victim, but to be safe I am trying to stay victim friendly.

Speculation only.

This is so sad and tragic for everyone involved. If you've never considered suicide I can see how this would be unbelievable. That a mother would first turn the gun on her daughter and another is equally hard to digest by those who cannot fathom such an action. The DARKNESS that accompanies those terrible thoughts is just as seductive and damning as any drug. I think the evidence and LE findings will verify that this is exactly what happened. My condolences to the family and friends who may always doubt and look for a conclusion that is more understandable/acceptable to them.

This IS an odd case... At least I think it is.

If I understand correctly, the three deceased lived under the same roof as the boyfriend... And that he just purchased the home last year. He's 31, she's 37 with three children.

So. Soooooo many possibilities.

Maybe he left that night and told her she had to be out by morning. Life is never what it appears to be. I would imagine it to be very hard to have to tell your kids that the high life is coming to an end. Where would they live? Could they possibly move onto such a luxurious lifestyle? So, it's possible she couldn't deal with it all and did the murder suicide thing. No one ever knows what people are capable of.

Maybe the BF had trouble evicting them. That also might not be so easy to do, especially with children involved. He may have felt trapped within his own home and lost sight of it all and took matters into his own hands.

I suppose we could spend time looking at the son, and the fathers of these girls. That's a possibility.

Or even the family of the boyfriend. Cruel as it sounds, there are some people who more than frown upon a child or grandchild who they see as not an heir, but they see the risk.

I'm sure I could on with more theories, but I just hope and pray that the truth be known. There seems to me that something about this case isn't right, but I can't put my figure on it.

One more thing, I thought and article stated that the mother and daughters had been found next to each other.

IMO they would not have announced this was a suicide today unless they were certain. I believe they have already looked at their phones and text messages. I’m assuming her phone was close by and the BF I’m sure gave police his phone. I’m imagining a slew of heartbreaking messages back and forth that night. I don’t think there is anything sneaky or sinister going on. I think this is a tragic case of heartbreak. JMO

Ditto. I'm imagining threats like if we can't live here then neither can you. I think she did it and I think emotional instability played a huge part. SPECULATION.

Of all the people I know who have committed suicide, none has done so while sober. Maybe Nichol snapped. Obviously, if she did do this she wasn't in her right mind. We know the side effects of a lot of prescription drugs these days can be suicidal thoughts and tendencies. Alcohol, pills, guns and depression are a terrible combination. It is a distinct possibilty that is what may have occurred here. Speculation!

Of all the people I know who have committed suicide, none has done so while sober. Maybe Nichol snapped. Obviously, if she did do this she wasn't in her right mind. We know the side effects of a lot of prescription drugs these days can be suicidal thoughts and tendencies. Alcohol, pills, guns and depression are a terrible combination. It is a distinct possibilty that is what may have occurred here. Speculation!

Many people commit suicide while sober. It’s certainly possible she could have been under the influence, and a tox screen will confirm whether or not that’s true.

I am unable to upload the picture of Nichol Olsen and Charles Wheeler which she posted on Instagram. They are standing outside in front of a table draped in white linen. She is wearing a black dress and has her right hand on her hip. As I look at her right wrist, are those 3 semicolons in her tattoo? ;;; This could indicate a history of suicide attempts. My other thought is maybe this is a stylized symbol for her 3 children.

I am unable to upload the picture of Nichol Olsen and Charles Wheeler which she posted on Instagram. They are standing outside in front of a table draped in white linen. She is wearing a black dress and has her right hand on her hip. As I look at her right wrist, are those 3 semicolons in her tattoo? ;;; This could indicate a history of suicide attempts. My other thought is maybe this is a stylized symbol for her 3 children.

You can link to Nichol's Instagram account if it's public. Screenshots are not allowed.

Autopsy rules mother's shooting death a suicide

From the above link:

Olsen had made plans to take her 10-year-old daughter to auditions for the NBC TV show “America’s Got Talent” this past Friday, Baptiste said. She also intended to take care of her brother’s daughter Saturday.

Olsen had canceled all her work appointments for the week last Tuesday, which Baptiste said she found strange. But the night before her death, Olsen scheduled two appointments with clients for Thursday morning — the same morning her body was found, Baptiste said.

This is so sad and tragic for everyone involved. If you've never considered suicide I can see how this would be unbelievable. That a mother would first turn the gun on her daughter and another is equally hard to digest by those who cannot fathom such an action. The DARKNESS that accompanies those terrible thoughts is just as seductive and damning as any drug. I think the evidence and LE findings will verify that this is exactly what happened. My condolences to the family and friends who may always doubt and look for a conclusion that is more understandable/acceptable to them.
Very well said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member