Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #38

Status
Not open for further replies.
He told them every single detail he could. He sat in the courtroom seemingly in a good mood, polite and, and, and, I am having a hard time explaining him and what I watched of his demeanor.
Is there a link to the video of him? I missed that

He seems to be very forthcoming and proud of what he was able to accomplish. I believe it.
I believe him, too, when he says he saw her get on the bus and knew that was the girl he wanted to take. It seems that he was thinking about taking a girl BEFORE he noticed Jayme, and when he saw her, he knew she was the one. (Rather than seeing her and then deciding to take her.) He plotted this even before he had a victim, imo.

jmo

I don't think it took long. Wasn't he in custody within ten minutes after Jayme and the dog walker got to the house? Or was that wrong? I thought that's what we first heard. But I did miss the 911 call and all the discussion.
After reading the article and rereading the complaint maybe they meant 11 minutes after they had Jayme, they as in LE, not the 911 caller.

Oh yes. Correct. Good point. They knew where Jayme was as well as his cabin but no one was sure of his whereabouts. 30 minutes seems really fast to capture him but kind of long to get to her I guess is what I’m feeling. Usually officers respond to a 911 call faster than 30 minutes. I’m not criticizing them as I’m sure there’s some explanation - could be they are in the nearest city areas at that time to tend to traffic type issues etc so they were all really around 20 minutes away??
I think they just didn't know where to look. They actually got lucky that they spotted the car. They were communicating over the phone and Jayme said she thought it was a red car but he had other cars he drove too. They had to run the license plate and found that it belonged to someone named Patterson. Then they had to radio for help. They caught him just as he was about to pass by his driveway. Imo

How terrifying for Jayme and her Mom. I wish they could of both ran away. Or that DC could of had a gun and shot him first, :(
I just told my husband that he needs a loaded gun on safety in a safe in another safe to bring with him to the door whenever there’s a stir in the
night.
He told me it’s too dangerous because we have 5 kids. So i made him read the complaint today to show him how scary. He told me that if that ever happens to us that me and the kids need to climb out the windows and run to our neighbors “only 100 yards away”
I rolled my eyes and said “get a gun honey....”

I think they just didn't know where to look. They actually got lucky that they spotted the car. They were communicating over the phone and Jayme said she thought it was a red car but he had other cars he drove too. They had to run the license plate and found that it belonged to someone named Patterson. Then they had to radio for help. They caught him just as he was about to pass by his driveway. Imo
Yes. The stars really aligned that day she escaped!

Question: why did he have so many cars?? Jeanne said 8 cars on the 911 call???

Anyway what a horrible situation and just that someone could be so determined to do something like that is very disturbing. We certainly never know in this life what we can be up against, and i am so glad Jayme got away from the perp.

I just told my husband that he needs a loaded gun on safety in a safe in another safe to bring with him to the door whenever there’s a stir in the
night.
He told me it’s too dangerous because we have 5 kids. So i made him read the complaint today to show him how scary. He told me that if that ever happens to us that me and the kids need to climb out the windows and run to our neighbors “only 100 yards away”
I rolled my eyes and said “get a gun honey....”
Same conversation tonight except my response was the same as your husband's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288